Mall, parking lot, Poland

Seen other zeds? Here's where you can ask
Ekhangell

Z3 roadster 1.9

Mall, parking lot, Poland

Post by Ekhangell »

I've had quite an adventure today,

After buying some plastics dressing for my Z3, I quit the shop, hopped into the car and... saw a silver Z3 going through the parking lot (which here in Poland is a seriously rare view). I followed the guy, but was too late to see where he parked. Roaming a little at the spot, I finally found him and parked right opposite to him. I sat inside the car and stared at the rear mirror to watch if anybody comes up.

The owner eventually came back. I got out and chatted him up in Polish, but he said "Sorry, I don't speak Polish" - in English. He then said he was from the USA.

That wasn't much of a problem to me. We've had a nice chat, I even took a quick photo:

It was fun to have another Z3 owner to talk to. I didn't know how the guy would react to me coming up to him and asking about his car - so I was double-surprised to find he wasn't even Polish.
I'm not a native speaker; sorry for eventual spelling/grammar mistakes.

1996 1.9 - old and shitty, but still Z3!
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

Lol good story :)

Here in Greece, other Z3 drivers look at you like you've killed their mother or something, what's with the f*d up attitude?

There are two other zeds constantly parked around my gf's place (Patras), a very tidy hellrot pre-facelift 1.9 and an atlanta blue facelift 1.8 with a beige softop, constantly covered in grime and with a burnt-out back window (sun damage).. i so want to buy this guy's car to save it, what a shame to keep it this way..

Any of these two people reading the forum come and say hi in greek, i'm not scottish despite the sticker lol
wwwwOOOff!!!
Ekhangell

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Ekhangell »

I thought that "whoa, i'm not the only one" when seeing the guy. And then he appeared to be American... Does that mean I'm the only Pole mad enough to drive Z3 on our shitty roads?
I'm not a native speaker; sorry for eventual spelling/grammar mistakes.

1996 1.9 - old and shitty, but still Z3!
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I hope the poor guy didn't think you were stalking him. :lol:

Still it's nice to know that there is some zed camaraderie in Poland. :)

Emek has an ///M Roadster and according to his profile he is somewhere around Wroclaw. Pretty sure there is someone else on here as well, but my memory fails me as to the name.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc