Zed Meets VX220

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Zed Meets VX220

Post by Ragtop »

Met Hang-em-high former Z3 owner and now VX220 owner, here are some pics.

jontymo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jontymo »

Looking great both of you

jontymo
1998 2.8 Roadster "Gone but not forgotten"
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Nice pics Ragtop :lol: gotta say I love a yellow Zed 8-) plus I wish I lived on the coast :(

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Thanks Ron,and here's a few from me. It was a lovely day but a bit on the chilly side on top of that hill :lol:

rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

I particularly like picture 2.
Do they do downhill skiing on the sea there?

Who is Cliff Edge and why do you have to keep away from him?

Nice looking pair of motors. Was the seagull waiting until you weren't looking?
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Nice Saxo
But what's with the unconverted convertibles?
What a waste of sunshine
Seems like you two are becoming proper southeren softies :twisted:
Image :devil:
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Mr T perhaps you're just a VERY hard Yorkshireman :shock:

Tim.
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Well it can't have been that cold :shock:
There is someone out in an electric wheel chair. That's got no body work or doors never mind a roof!

(Ragtop - no offence intended to the person with the disability)
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Titan wrote:Well it can't have been that cold :shock:
There is someone out in an electric wheel chair. That's got no body work or doors never mind a roof!

yeh but it had a heated leather seat, my VX doesnt have that luxury :lol:
bugsy

M roadster S50

Post by bugsy »

Hang_em_high wrote:
Titan wrote: yeh but it had a heated leather seat, my VX doesnt have that luxury :lol:
You look like you have the sports exhaust on the VX. Never tried it myself, what's it like? Loud?
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Hang_em_high wrote:

yeh but it had a heated leather seat, my VX doesnt have that luxury :lol:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Has the VX actually got a seat or do I spy a crossbar? :D
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

bugsy wrote:
Hang_em_high wrote:
Titan wrote: yeh but it had a heated leather seat, my VX doesnt have that luxury :lol:
You look like you have the sports exhaust on the VX. Never tried it myself, what's it like? Loud?
Yes it has the dealer fitted Janspeed, sounds lovely,and not to noisy at high speeds.
eame64

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by eame64 »

Great pics guys,how do you rate the vx against the z hang-em -high?
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Thanks for your kind comments everyone.

Titan Tim, I love my Zed in yellow and I love living by the sea, :D I used to live in South London and moved down here 20 years ago and would never go back there.

rgf, I didn't notice the horizon until Mrs Ragtop asked me if I had been drinking. :lol:

Titan the guy in the wheelchair would not take offence at your comments, in fact he would laugh too. He is a great chap and always positive and happy.

The only reason the roof wasn't down was because the temperature was too low to drop it without the risk of cracking. :lol:

Thanks Nick for bringing your VX over, not quite sure how I managed to get in it, or out for that matter, but it felt good in the driving seat, at my age though I need refinement rather than raw. :D Looking forward to you taking me for a spin in it, will take some ibro's beforehand though. :lol:
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Raptop can i ask what springs your zeds lowered on? as im looking at lowering mine with 30mm eibach springs round xmas.
Yours sits just right and looks 8-)
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Z3cade wrote:Raptop can i ask what springs your zeds lowered on? as im looking at lowering mine with 30mm eibach springs round xmas.

Z3cade the suspension is nothing I have done, the 2.2 sport comes from the factory like that.
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Ragtop are you sure?
Yours looks significantly lower than ours which is the same model :puzzle:
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Ragtop wrote:
Z3cade wrote:Raptop can i ask what springs your zeds lowered on? as im looking at lowering mine with 30mm eibach springs round xmas.

Z3cade the suspension is nothing I have done, the 2.2 sport comes from the factory like that.
that's what he tells his insurance toooo :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

Nice looking motors, I went from a Z3M to a VX220 in Rabiatta red with a VSE in 2005, can't beat the pops and bangs on the overrun.
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Alex L wrote:Nice looking motors, I went from a Z3M to a VX220 in Rabiatta red with a VSE in 2005, can't beat the pops and bangs on the overrun.
:D :D :D
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Titan wrote:Ragtop are you sure?
Got to say Ron when following you the other day I also thought how low it sits, almost as low as when I fitted the 40mm lowering springs to mine if you remember. It gives the rear wheels quite a camber when looking at it from behind. That said it does sit nicely and looks good, certainly did from the rear :D
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Maybe not so sure now Titan, mine does look a bit lower than yours. I always thought the 2.2 sport had the sport suspension which was lower than other Zed's, but as gookah says that's what I will be telling the insurance company. :lol:

I have attached a picture which shows the level better. Before you say it Titan, I know, I should have lowered the windows. :lol:

Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Hang_em_high wrote:
Got to say Ron when following you the other day I also thought how low it sits, almost as low as when I fitted the 40mm lowering springs to mine if you remember. It gives the rear wheels quite a camber when looking at it from behind. That said it does sit nicely and looks good, certainly did from the rear :D

Nick just had a look at a picture of your Z3 at the April Zed cruise when you had the 40mm springs. Your suspension that day looks to be a couple of inches lower than mine, I know you wasn't happy with it being that low and changed the springs when you got home.

I quite like the level on my Zed :D and would be interested to see pictures of other 2.2 sport models, and if other forum members have lowered them from the original springs.
unclemart

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by unclemart »

Nice pics chaps although I think the VX does look a bit like a naughty school boy compared with the Z :D
Remember "To become old and wise - First you need to be young and stupid"

Titanium Silver 2.0
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Ragtop wrote: Before you say it Titan, I know, I should have lowered the windows. :lol:

I'll let you off - at least you had the roof down for once :shock:

My sig pic below is an unadulterated 2.2i Sport
This is a more recent one with the refurbed wheels
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

2litrezed wrote:Nice pics chaps although I think the VX does look a bit like a naughty school boy compared with the Z :D
[img]

Great observation 2litrzed, guess it reflects our age difference. :lol:
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Titan wrote:
Ragtop wrote: Before you say it Titan, I know, I should have lowered the windows. :lol:

I'll let you off - at least you had the roof down for once :shock:

My sig pic below is an unadulterated 2.2i Sport
This is a more recent one with the refurbed wheels

Lovely picture Titan, I can clearly see the difference in our suspension heights.
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

eame64 wrote:Great pics guys,how do you rate the vx against the z hang-em -high?
This is my description of the 2 cars that I have just put up on the VX forum.
But I have to say that it definately rates as a car that you have to try in your lifetime and preferably while your still young enough to get in and out of it :lol:

The only similarity between the 2 cars is that you can take the roof off and thats where it ends. I wouldn't say that the VX is a better car, its just a different car with a whole set of different qualities.
The Zed has a beautiful smooth grunty straight 6 engine which I love, it also has all the mod cons like heated seats, a heater that works,air con, traction control,electric roof, carpets :lol: etc etc with timeless classic looks. Its easy to get in and out of, and it puts a different kind of smile on your face compared to the VX. It looks right being driven around gently and smoothly but it's still capable if needed, It's rather like your favourite most comfortable pair of slippers in the cupboard.
The VX screams, look at me, im up for it :D and as such my driving style has now changed. I cant help but blast it everywhere, listening to that popping on overun from the Janspeed box, I cant wait for the next corner or roundabout as I see the car behind me dissapear as I floor it and it goes round like its a rollercoaster ride :D It feels like a track car thats been given a set of lights to make it legal on the road. It's a car that I would have once paid money to have gone to a track to drive for the buzz, but now im getting it free every time I get in it..
My Zed could be described as a sexy mature woman who knows how to please, where as the VX is like having an affair with a well horny up for it teenager who's keen and eager to try anything once :D and im loving the fun she's giving me, and thats before I get it supercharged !!

When I do finally grow up though I can see me settling down with a nice grunty 3.0 Z4 in black
rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

Hang_em_high wrote: My Zed could be described as a sexy mature woman who knows how to please, where as the VX is like having an affair with a well horny up for it teenager who's keen and eager to try anything once
For that analogy you've either been watching too much Jeremy Clarkson or had a good life.

Nice report on the car by the way.
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

Hang_em, you need to get yourself a mini front plate..

Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Alex L wrote:Hang_em, you need to get yourself a mini front plate..

Would love to but got sick of getting pulled by local plod when I had them on my motorbikes. So not worth the extra hassle :(
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

rgf wrote:
Hang_em_high wrote: My Zed could be described as a sexy mature woman who knows how to please, where as the VX is like having an affair with a well horny up for it teenager who's keen and eager to try anything once
For that analogy you've either been watching too much Jeremy Clarkson or had a good life.

The clarkson option im affraid :oops:
Sorcerors Apprentice

Other roadster

Post by Sorcerors Apprentice »

Hang_em_high wrote:
rgf wrote:

Spotty teenager :lol:
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Sorcerors Apprentic wrote:
Hang_em_high wrote:
rgf wrote: For that analogy you've either been watching too much Jeremy Clarkson or had a good life.

Spotty teenager :lol:
:roll: :roll:
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

Hang_em_high wrote: Would love to but got sick of getting pulled by local plod when I had them on my motorbikes. So not worth the extra hassle :(
Had mine on 7 different cars over 7 years, pulled over three separate times but the size of the plate was never mentioned, perhaps I was just lucky. The one on mine was a 9" by 3"
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

The M-tech sports suspension should be standard across all engine sizes so mine, Terrys and Ragtops should all be the same. Mine looks a tad lower at the front than Terrys above although angles the pics were taken at can be deceiving.

Looking at yours Ragtop, it doesn't look standard M-tech factory suspension.

Tim.
M3 PCO

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by M3 PCO »

Ragtop wrote:Thanks for your kind comments everyone.

Titan Tim, I love my Zed in yellow and I love living by the sea, :D I used to live in South London and moved down here 20 years ago and would never go back there.

rgf, I didn't notice the horizon until Mrs Ragtop asked me if I had been drinking. :lol:

Titan the guy in the wheelchair would not take offence at your comments, in fact he would laugh too. He is a great chap and always positive and happy.

The only reason the roof wasn't down was because the temperature was too low to drop it without the risk of cracking. :lol:

Thanks Nick for bringing your VX over, not quite sure how I managed to get in it, or out for that matter, but it felt good in the driving seat, at my age though I need refinement rather than raw. :D Looking forward to you taking me for a spin in it, will take some ibro's beforehand though. :lol:
Pics look like Gallery Hill, when are we going to have another local cruise. I quite enjoyed our last little trip out for a meal.
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Hi Paul, yes I am working on a cruise for April next year again. As you can see I have changed my Zed, have you still got your 2.8. Hopefully you can join us on the cruise before the meal next time. :D
M3 PCO

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by M3 PCO »

Ragtop wrote:Hi Paul, yes I am working on a cruise for April next year again. As you can see I have changed my Zed, have you still got your 2.8. Hopefully you can join us on the cruise before the meal next time. :D
Yes that did confuse me! Looks very nice.

I still have my Z3, must confess its done hardly any miles since the last cruise.

I reckon I might have the lowest mile Z3 by now.

Maybe i should join the cruise as well as the meal, if only to put some miles on the clock!