M43 performance improvements

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
TaffDaddy

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

M43 performance improvements

Post by TaffDaddy »

I bought what I think is an M43 last August as part of coming to terms with being 40 :lol: , the first 2 seater I've owned, and it's one of the best things I've ever done. There is nothing better than getting the roof down and spending a day out with the Mrs cruising around the countryside 8-) .

Having had it for a few months I find I'm looking for a bit more zip off the mark and through mid range. I've seen a few threads on the forum about filters, remaps, exhausts and I'm thinking of trying these but would like to hear of others experiences of upgrading an M43 and how much difference I would feel if I at least did the filter and remap.

The alternative is to go for a 2.2 but I'm more than happy with the car and if I use it for work it's a 90 mile round trip, so concious of consumption.

Also, I've seen various pictures of K&N filter kits but none fitted and I'm trying to confirm whether with the set up below I would just remove the filter housing and replace with the K&N filter as this would leave me with a hose with no home. The Pipercross has a place for the hose but the K&N doesn't. Any advice?

http://s877.photobucket.com/albums/ab332/TaffDaddy/
Last edited by TaffDaddy on Mon 17 Jan, 2011 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
hornel Z3M

blank

k+n

Post by hornel Z3M »

Hi The K+N filter is very easy to fit, you will get instructions with it and are so easy to follow. It makes a great difference to the sound as well as getting cold air straight to the engine, you should also have a re-map, i had my done by Chippeduk in Birmingham, then you will find they compliment each other and believe me it makes a difference :o
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

pipperx fitted
it has had some improvements since the pics....but you get the idea

and you can get rid of all this..

it does make a difference.........but as has been said the remap would bring it on nicely............but do all the other mods first (wider throttle body,exhaust,so on) so that the remap can utilize them
the badness makes me do it...!

TaffDaddy

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by TaffDaddy »

Thanks guys. Indiction kit looks good and I thinkthat will be the first step and then we'll go from there :twisted: . Isn't it a case of when the bug bites!!!

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for remap Hornel? They're only one junction up the M5 so I'll give them a shout.

Taff