Wanted: Z3 - 3.0 01/02

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
burriana (al)

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Wanted: Z3 - 3.0 01/02

Post by burriana (al) »

Hello :)

I am looking for a 3.0 Z3 (2001-2003)if anyone knows of any nice ones out there.

I have seen Mark's titanium one which is, probably the nicest looking Z3 I have seen but, after a lot of thought, it is a little high mileage for me.

It is for my girlfriend to use as a very low mileage daily and also for me to have some roof down enjoyment at the weekend. The thing is, I have a niggling suspicion that, (just as my good mate on here, StuB did with his), I will come to really enjoy the car and end up keeping it for a long time. With this in mind I would like to find a car with around 50k miles or less. Condition must be A1.

The least preferred colour is silver, not only as I'd hate Stu to think I was copying him, but I also have a silver 7-series. Louise will also not entertain Dakar which is a real shame :(

I have seen a beautiful 3.0 in what may be Phoenix Yellow (which strangely enough Louise didn't mind)... but this is in Kent and I'm in North Yorkshire... not insurmountable, but a pain getting to see it!

Any info gratefully received.

Thanks,
al :)
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

I know Legend was selling his 3.0 dont know if it has sold but took him ages till the right one came along and is low mileage
bill
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Ah, you made it Al!

Welcome aboard.

Happy to help your search.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
burriana (al)

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by burriana (al) »

Legend's is sold (and it was silver)

Stu - what are you up to this weekend? Fancy a trip down to Kent? Happy to up the rate a bit as it's a long day, but it may result in driving a Pistachio 3.0 back :)

Failing that, does anybody know someone that could do an inspection for me in Kent please?

This is the car if anyone knows it?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2637189.htm

Thanks,
al
Frank.A

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Frank.A »

Have you seen this one with 25k miles?However it's in Southampton.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-BMW-Z3-SPORT ... 1e6295f915

2000 Topaz 2.8 Individual.

Youth would be more useful if it came later in life!
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

Loads on E Bay, but this is a nice example, comes with a hardtop as well.

Link
Image1998 Atlanta Blue 2.8
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

TaffZee wrote:Loads on E Bay, but this is a nice example, comes with a hardtop as well.

Link
Looks like its sold.

HT
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
burriana (al)

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by burriana (al) »

It does look nice Taff, but it is sold (and silver!).

What do people think about cars bought off ebay? I always think that it is a last resort for selling and not the route that someone who really cherished their car would normally choose, but I may be totally wrong.

Appreciate all the help so far though, thank you :)

I am quite keen on this pistachio green as it has been really loved and cherished, just need to get it inspected by someone who knows Zeds far better than I - ahem... Stu? Gi? (just had a thought guys, I could take it on our little jaunt to Le Mans... would certainly be a hell of a lot cheaper on fuel than the Testarossa!)

:)
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Family visiting this weekend Al, but there's gotta be someone off here who can help you out?
burriana (al)

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by burriana (al) »

No probs Stu - got your Facebook message. A check list would be much appreciated. What about the spot welds in the boot? And is there any known weak points on the engines to look out for, similar to the Vanos issues?

Ta,
al
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

burriana (al) wrote:It does look nice Taff, but it is sold (and silver!).

What do people think about cars bought off ebay? I always think that it is a last resort for selling and not the route that someone who really cherished their car would normally choose, but I may be totally wrong.

Appreciate all the help so far though, thank you :)

I am quite keen on this pistachio green as it has been really loved and cherished, just need to get it inspected by someone who knows Zeds far better than I - ahem... Stu? Gi? (just had a thought guys, I could take it on our little jaunt to Le Mans... would certainly be a hell of a lot cheaper on fuel than the Testarossa!)

:)
Didnt see that, but proves you can get a lot of car for a little money, dont rush it though the right one will come along. :thumb:

As for E bay, its an advertising mecca, I would not worry about the car after all you would be mad to commit to buy before viewing and fully testing.
Image1998 Atlanta Blue 2.8
TaffDaddy

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by TaffDaddy »

In my experience buying from ebay is fine as long as you go an look and test. I bought my car from ebay and it's a cracking car but I have noticed some bubbling on the top of the boot from a previous poor repair and they did say that it hadn't been repaired 'to their knowledge'. Bit miffed but my view is that the same could happen if you bought it from any private seller.

Find one that takes your fancy and try before you buy.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Motors are fine Al, so long as the SH is full and franchised.

Boot welds are obvious, so long as you look in the right place. They literally can 'pop', so you can't miss them. More of an issue on higher powered cars and higher mileages.