The story so far 2.0ltr Titanium silver

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

The story so far 2.0ltr Titanium silver

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Well with all the good weather we're having and my car not on the road until the end of the month i decided it was time to get a few jobs done.
It's been two years since i got it this month and i've done various upgrades without really ever showing the fruits of everybodys advice and help so i'm sorry for the some what delayed nature.
This is from the week i got her.
She's a 2.0ltr facelifted Yr2000 in Titanium silver. When i got her she had 36000 on the clock,now 46K and came totally standard. So i set about my journey to find bigger wheels, better interior etc etc.
Jobs done
Type 71 18" clubsport split rim alloys
Hardtop and OEM fitting kit
Becker Cascade with ipod interface
Z8 chrome washer jets with heating loom
AC Schnitzer black line gear knob
AC Schnitzer black line hand brake
AC Schnitzer pedals
OEM Z3 cover
induction kit
mesh wind deflector
BMW stubby aerial
New thick plush mats
Fitted the extended leather dash with the vast help of zedcarer last summer (thanks again)
Which brings me to pretty much upto date for this weekends additions. Ever since i went to Tatton nearly two years ago and sat in Jontt's lovely car i craved a Raid steering wheel, i toyed with getting mine recovered unti i came across this a couple of months ago on ebay and liked the way the silver would match the bodywork. So before
and after only about 20 mins after
I have to say i cheated and bought directly from Raid the right hub and bypass for the two stage airbag, it really was plug and play. Next job was the ///M seats i bought from Quarry motors, i really wanted a red and black pair to match the new dash and thankfully managed to pick these up. They were in great condition apart from the drivers bolster that had a bit of wear so i had that refurbed for £60 and it came up great. Both seatbelt guides were bust so with the excellent Snoops guide i set about replacing them, a few hours later all done.
I wish i'd taken more pics of the car when i first got it but alas i didn't.
I deliberated and worried about changing the seats for ages as my connectors on the car loom were the more modern black and yellow block variety but this weekend bit the bullet and went for it.

I've still got the ///M console to fit and a pair of ///M mirrors that need a spray to match before fitting. And plenty more things to buy and do, But this is it so far
My thanks go to one and all for your help and advice
Let me know what you think?
Last edited by ('_')Z3 on Sun 03 Sep, 2017 15:20, edited 5 times in total.
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: The story so far

Post by Zed Carer »

Looking very nice :D

Hope that you are keeping the leather dash pods well treated with leather cream.
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Looking good, some great mods you have , loving the color combo as well:)
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
peterandjenny

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by peterandjenny »

Just the picture I needed , we have a brand new extended leather set but not the airbag cover , wondered what it looked like . How long did it take to fit ? We also have the doors with the extended leather.This is our z3m console sprayed bmw sienna red a close match for the red leather.
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Thanks for all the positive words.

The dash took a day with the expert help of Bill, I'd removed and loosened some bits before he arrived. I actually quite like the black airbag cover, I considered getting it covered but in the end didn't. My advice would be to label everything! :D
I love the wheel, expensive but it feels great.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Looking brill, some great mods 8-) loving the dash.

I have been waiting for someone to fit a raid wheel on a Facelift Zed :) Do you have any links for Raid at all please and cost, I know they won't be cheap but would like to do this over the sunmmer :)

Many thanks,

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Wow, great mods.

Glad the Raid worked out so well for you ;-) What do you think of it to drive ? The biggest difference to me is the way it totally improves the driving feel / response moreso than the looks (I love the looks as well and yours looks great being colour coded). It is the best single mod I've done to my zed. Plus you have the added benefit of being able to easily swap back to OEM wheel and getting most of your money back on the raid if you ever come to sell :D

The ///m centre console and wing mirrors will really finish it off.
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Unfortunately I've not been able to drive it yet apart from moving it around the drive. I just hope the weather holds until the sorn comes off. The wheel sat in the living room for two months as I just liked to look at and pick it up occasionally (weird I know) I'd periodically get told by the mrs that it needed to go away but I'd always come up with a reason it needed to come back out so I could check something :oops:
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

I do that with my alloys, bought a spare and tried to persuade the misses it would make a good coffee table, she's not buying it though!
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: The story so far, what next?

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Now my car has finally broken cover I would appreciate everyones opinion on what to do next? I'm taking the ///M mirrors to be sprayed this week and will hopefully get chance to fit the ///M console this week too. But the next mods :?
Choices are:
Strong strut brace, I want the Titanium silver CL one. Not particuarly because i'm throwing it round bends and want to stiffen it up but i think it just looks so damn nice.
///M gills would not be having the logo on would fill it before getting it sprayed.
Classic additions indoor fleece car cover.
Chrome hoops and perspex wind deflector.
Justroadster centre armrest.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

All sounds like good upgrades to me, I would also consider some h&r lowering springs or similar if not just to tie everything together and reduce arch gap.
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

So the rain stopped for a day, just in time for me to pick up the freshly painted ///M mirrors and fit them.
I also had to fit the door cards to match the seats. The mirrors were £75 to get painted from Prospray in Rixton (just a 5 min drive so handy enough). They've done a good job, i was a bit nervous fitting them until the paints properly hardened up but couldn't wait :D . Thankfully my existing mirrors hadn't seized so they came off easily enough and so it was a pretty quick job to fit them.
Why is it when fitting your door cards one side goes on like a dream and yet the other is an absolute pain in the X( After much cursing eventually the passenger side slipped on and i was done. :)
It left just enough time for a quick blast to Parbold Hill (where i just happened to have my camera)

lukeharmz

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by lukeharmz »

Looks real good mate love the red!
VikingSven

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by VikingSven »

Looks awesome!
I want your seats and door cards :D
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Well i decided this weekend that it was finally time that i did something with my ///M console so i started by giving it a bit of a clean before fitting the recently covered alcantara parts. I have to say they were a snug fit to get in as in my excitement at getting them back i'd fitted the lighter socket and heated seat switches :-s which made it a bit more awkward than it should have been. I couldn't really do anymore until i remove the red boomerangs from my current one and i wont be doing that until we get a clear forecast so this is it so far :) Image I'd gone down the Blackline AC Schnitzer path with my gear knob and hand brake but fancied something for the lighter blank so i ordered the stainless steel Storm blank. So having missed the post i set off to the post office with my card to pick up my parcel, anyway the box that had been sent was empty :-\ A quick phone call and a replacement was on its way :) and it arrived today Image Had another slightly larger parcel delivered today also Image I'd wanted a Strut brace for a while and plumped for the Titanium CL strong strut. A couple of emails with Paul later and it was on it's way from Arizona. Paul kindly threw in the fitting kit (6 chromed dome head nuts and a few other bits which should be an extra $30). Image Image Two weeks it took to arrive and i got hit with an extra £18 at customs but i'm very pleased
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

With the rain holding up play for various jobs i decided it was time to take the advice of peterandjenny and myredzed and make my gaitor support for the gear stick. I started by drawing a quick template before transfering this onto 2D design (CAD package), it didn't take too long and within 20 mins the laser cutter had cut the various pieces i needed to allow gluing. I chose to cut the pieces out of acrylic plastic which meant they were flexible enough to allow the frame to be removed in the same way as the OEM one, I managed to incorporate the the clips like the OEM gaitor frame for a good secure fit.

It was a great fit for the console

And now just required the leather gluing to it with some super glue.

Job done and £62 saved from the dealer and overall very pleased. :)
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Top job so far, well done :thumb:
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Really impressed with the gaiter support, Great Job :thumb:
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: The story so far 2.0ltr Titanium silver

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Well i could put the job of fitting the centre off no longer and with rain forecast for tomorrow today was the day.
I'd tested the console before fitting and the clock bulb has blown so i need to order one from the dealers before i can finally finish the job.
So a quick photo before the carnage

When Zedcarer and i fitted the extended leather last summer he gave me lots of advice, and i have to say a great piece was attaching string to the cable so when you remove the various switches and the cables fall in to the console you are relatively easily able to fish them out. So if you're wondering what the spaghetti all over my console is it's the string :D
Here's the carnage i mentioned earlier!

Once the old console was out it was simply swapping over the boomerangs to the new one

I decided to put the roof switch at the front, just because it always seems like a faff to turn round when you drop the roof. So eventually the reassembly had to start. The string really does help to pull the connectors through the small holes (having said that my hands are still in shreds).

With the thickness of the Alcantara the switches really were a snug fit but they're in. So all that was left was to screw the various pieces together and fit the gaitors and Blackline AC Schnitzer bits.
So this it it so far, i've left the Becker Cascade out so i can fit the bulb in a couple of days

I still need to order the sensors for the oil and temp gauges before they'll work although the wires are in place ready but all in all i'm very pleased :)
Last edited by ('_')Z3 on Sun 06 May, 2012 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

What i did forget to mention was another eBay purchase :oops: Genuine AC Schnitzer exhaust tips. I know these have been fitted by Yalden and Naeem in the past and i always liked them so when a set came up i decided to take the plunge

They're probably not to everyones taste but my standard boxes tips are a disgrace so at least i can polish these! I just need to pick up a couple of grub screws before i can fit them.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

It just shows, that even if you buy a 'basic' spec car, there are plenty of options to take it to a level like this, Just wait for the right bits to come along and enjoy the fruits of your labour. Much more satisfaction than buying a ready made full spec version.

Car looks superb, great mods done well..... :thumb:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

gookah wrote:It just shows, that even if you buy a 'basic' spec car, there are plenty of options to take it to a level like this, Just wait for the right bits to come along and enjoy the fruits of your labour. Much more satisfaction than buying a ready made full spec version.

Car looks superb, great mods done well..... :thumb:
Cheers Gookah :D
I bought the car off my best mate and he actually wanted cloth interior etc :head: he could have saved me a fortune and bought one with a few options :lol:
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Looking good, the center console has come up really well!
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Finally got round to picking up the bulb from the $tealers. So a quick fit and it was all in place, pushed the Becker in and waited until dusk :D

So tomorrow's jobs, wash, fit Strong Strut and AC Schnitzer exhaust tips. That's the plan anyway, and i might even get chance to drive it =))
peterandjenny

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by peterandjenny »

Looks good, you going to silver stone ?
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

peterandjenny wrote:Looks good, you going to silver stone ?
No unfortunately not, gutted really. I'd of loved to see all the fab z's together. :head:
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

stunning work .............. I would love to get my hands on some of the stuff you got for it .......
si-forks

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by si-forks »

Real credit to you!! great looking car, this is why i love Z3s such a good D.I.Y car with out breaking the bank

Si-forks on tapatalk
E30 318 1988 Gone
E36 320 1992 Gone

E36 328 1995 write off

E39 525d M Sport 2003 Current
E37 Z3 M44B1.9 1997 Current
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

PCSAM wrote:stunning work .............. I would love to get my hands on some of the stuff you got for it .......
Cheers, it's taken two years to get it to this point you just have to keep an eye out.
si-forks wrote:Real credit to you!! great looking car, this is why i love Z3s such a good D.I.Y car with out breaking the bank

Si-forks on tapatalk
Couldn't agree with you more, when i got the car i thought i might change the wheels but that would be about it. But it's addictive, but in all honesty it wouldn't be possible without this great forum and the fab people on it :D
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

So as promised i eventually got round to fitting the Strong Strut and the AC Schnitzer exhaust tips today.
The strut was supplied with the extended fitting kit, which consisted of the 6 chromed dome nuts, 6 washers and the two black plastic blanks that cover the holes in the towers $30 (thankfully he threw these in for free as i'd have to say it would be a bit steep :shock: ) The black discs are OEM from the Z8 and are available from your local $tealer 31331096046.

All in all it's a pretty simple job, make sure your car is on a flat surface and when you undo the original nuts don't jack your car or move it and nothing will fallout or off :D
The original tower

The tower with the Z8 blank

When you initially fit the plate only tighten the nuts finger tight to allow a bit of play before final tightening

The bar is attached with two large allen key bolts on each side, again finger tight to allow fine adjustment

And the final bit is to tighten everything up and stand back and admire (or that might just be me :oops: )

So the other job was to fit the exhaust tips, i'd given them a clean with Autosol and they'd come up well. Sliding them on is easy enough it was just making sure that when you tighten them that they stay in line.
Before :oops: :oops: :oops: sorry i know they were bad!!

After :D

A wash and a blast around, Happy days.
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

I decided to treat the Z to a few bits.

The mirage stainless steel oil cap cover, £34 a bit of indulgence but i liked the look of it. I have to say it's very well made and i'll probably end up getting a couple of other pieces to brighten the engine bay.

It comes with a small sticky pad to stick it to the existing oil filler cap.
I have to say along with the stubby aerial it was the easiest mod to fit :D

Shiny :D :D :D :D :D

The other purchase is the ///M oval rear view mirror. I'd been after one for a while and eventually sourced a brand new one on eBay this week that someone had ordered by mistake :oops:
It was the one that contained the circuit and it arrived in its original box today

after a bit of research and a quick question on here answered by Robert T i was ready to go. The original mirror was easy enough to remove, a quick twist and unplug the connector and it was off.
The mirror has two small blanks that you can remove to gain access to the wiring etc.

Once i'd removed the mirror you simply have to remove the front of the mirror, this is held in place by a series of clips around its edge, the sandard and ///M mirrors both clip the same way. It is this part that secures the glass in place.
The circuit on the original mirror is clipped in place and the ///M circuit is screwed.

Both mirrors were connected using an identical plug, unfortunately the plug does not fit through the hole in the mirror to allow the removal of the circuit. The plug contains 9 coloured wires, to remove the circuit I had to push the retaining clip on each of the spade connectors and slide them out before feeding the wires through the small hole.

It was then just a simple matter of feeding the original circiut wires through the hole of the new ///M mirror. The circuit was held in place by the screws. Once i was happy with the fitment of the circuit i slid the spade connectors back in to the black connector. I placed the glass back in place with the thicker edge at the top. It's the just a matter of clipping the front of the mirror back in place.
Refitting took two minutes, clip the connector back to the car and then twist the mirror on to the glass

Job done :D
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Many thanks for taking some pics and also taking the time to write them up. I've added the lower portion of your above post to the KB article.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Loving your choice of mods, very similar taste to me I think! the car is really coming together!
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Well all has been quiet on the modification front recently, in fact i cant believe how long down the list my thread had fallen :oops:
So when a certain well known member decided to sell his beloved car and a multitude of goodies were offered for sale i decided to plump for:

These beauties!!!!! :D :D :D That arrived today

Gratuitous AC Schnitzer shot :D

I'd prep'd my car as i px'd my standard black hoops

You can see he indent left by the old hoop in the vinyl

I've obviously not got round to fitting them yet, not sure if i'm looking forward to smacking them with a rubber mallet
:(

I've had another couple of nice pressies today also, an OEM hardtop winch and a classic additions indoor car cover

Last edited by ('_')Z3 on Mon 10 Sep, 2012 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Looking good :) I'd try some interior shine or even leather care on the indents left by the old hoops, it should soften it up a bit enough to flatten the marks out!

Can't wait to see them fitted!
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

Must say, your car's looking really good with some great mods :)
ImageImage
dallantan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dallantan »

Am loving this thread now :)

[DT_Photography] 07712 415 619.
Dallan |07712 415 619

OZ Breyton 3-Piece Splits (17x9 & 17x12), Rayvern Hydraulics, Custom Top Mounts, Bespoke Hubcentric Spacers, Strutbrace, Aero Wipers, Wind Deflector, PiperX Air Filter, Deleted Plate Recess, Deleted Front Badge, Smoothed Boot, Continental Fogs, All Red Rears, Cleaned Bulbs (all round), Stubby Aerial, Black Grills, Halo Projector Lights, Components Upgrade, Clifford 5104x Intellistart Alarm, Custom Boot Install.
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Having spent two years sourcing AC Schnitzer roll hoops I had the bad news that Justroadster no longer sell the specific perspex wind deflector anymore due to lack of demand :( :head:
But where theres a will theres a way :D
So using an old wind deflector as a guide to make an approximate template it was time to fire up the computer and the laser cutter. Using key measurements i set about drawing half of the wind deflector on 2D design.

Once you've drawn the half its just a simple matter of copying and flipping the drawing

I decided to cut it out of a sheet of MDF first as its the right thickness and will allow me to make fit it to the car to determine if i need any alterations before cutting it out in perspex.

I just need to fit the hoops now before i can do the final checks and changes. The sheet of perspex will set me back £14 so alot cheaper than the £130 Justroadster one even if i could still get it. I might even do a tinted one for when i fancy a change :D

I did cut out a mini one!!!
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

I see some modifications on this forum that make me cringe and suspect that the cars involved lose value. On the other hand, others are tasteful, subtle and involve a labour of love which is likely to increase the car’s value. Yours is definitely the latter and an inspiration to me and others.

:cheers
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

I was about to say, keep the non-AC version and sell them on the forum for £50-60 rather than the eye watering £130! You will make a fortune!
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Del wrote:I see some modifications on this forum that make me cringe and suspect that the cars involved lose value. On the other hand, others are tasteful, subtle and involve a labour of love which is likely to increase the car’s value. Yours is definitely the latter and an inspiration to me and others.

:cheers
:oops: :oops: :oops: Thank you for such a great compliment :D

Zedonist wrote:I am interested in one of those if you do not mind selling me one?
:D Let me check that i'm happy with it first, and that it looks alright fitted
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

im interested also in one :D
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

With time off for good beahaviour :oops: i managed to sneak in enough time to fit my AC Schnitzer roll hoops.

They take quite a pounding fitting them so i held a cloth in place to avoid marking them. They went in reasonably easily :roll: I cannot though begin to think how awkward it would be to ever remove them in the future, they are a really, really snug fit (trying to tap them in an upward direction with no room to swing the rubber mallet :shake: )

To do both probably took about 45mins and a bit extra for fine tuning to make sure that they were exactly the same height.
I'd purchased some multi purpose gaskets from B&Q (£1.29 for a pack of two) on the advice of James, these slide onto the hoops before fitting and then slide down to cover the join where the hoops meet the trim.

Sliding the B&Q gasket down covered the join

The classic additions cover also comes with a thin white cover to go over the hood, it is helped to stay in place with holes that slot over the wing mirrors. The cover really does fit like a glove, it is fantastic quality.

And finally the OEM silver cover over the top.

Now the hoops are fitted i can look at fine tuning the wind deflector template and making sure the fit is perfect before cutting it out in perspex.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Well done for getting them in! They look great :)

The car cover looks nice too, will have to look into what other cars they make them for
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

I've been after a white third brake light for a while and luckily came across this one this week

£19.95 plus p+p from Alexanders of Somerset. There service was great, really quick and i thought the price was good too compared to some of the others i've seen on eBay. I'll need to source the gasket from the dealers before fitting it, it will give me something to do over winter when the car is sorn'd.

My first ever purchase for the Z was the BMW type 71 18" clubsport alloys, i really liked the split rim look and the staggered fitment was great too. I'd never really looked at all the options as offsets, spacers and such blew my mind :head: I've recently been on the look out for another set :oops: I still really like the split rim, and 18" was a must! but the compromise was the staggered fitment :(

So the new/used arrivals are here. I picked them up tonight from literally 2miles away (must be fate, well so i told the mrs :oops: )
Genuine AC Schnitzer type iii racing split rims 18" offset 43

I've wanted the Schnitzers for a while and the deal was too good to turn down. Still to get are the Aluminium centre caps (they came with the genuine plastic ones) and the necessary spacers and longer bolts etc.
They wont be going on until spring as during the winter the car sits on its standard 16" alloys to avoid flat spots etc.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Wheels look in good nick :) are they visibly more concave at the back ?

P.S is that the valve cover where one of the bolts is? Very tidy design!
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

[quote="shantybeater"]Wheels look in good nick :) are they visibly more concave at the back ?

No mate, that was the compromise unfortunately. There's a new set on German eBay with 8.5 front and 9.5 rear with a slightly bigger lip on the rear for £2k :( and as you know mine were nowhere near that

P.S is that the valve cover where one of the bolts is? Very tidy design!

Yeah the Schnitzer valves are pretty neat, £8 each from rossiters but they do blend in well :D
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

With a bit of time on my hands today i managed to get a few jobs on the Z done.
First was the perspex wind deflector, i'd probably made three MDF prototypes in total until i was finally happy with the fit. It was definitely worth taking the time to get it right. The perspex one fits great, cut out of 5mm perspex its robust enough. The photo is a bit naff as i took it on my phone, i also need to change the velcro straps for the clear ones i bought to complete the look. So the total was £12 straps and £15 perspex all in all a bargain.

With the car now sorn'd for winter i wanted to swap the wheels to the original 16" 5 spoke alloys that it came with as it would be stood stil for a considerable amount of time. It seemed a good opportunity to test fit the 18" AC Schnitzer type3 split rims :D

From behind they sit pretty flush with the wheel arch, i need to get the tyres fitted but there is no rush as i won't put them on until the spring.
I'll be selling the type 71 split rims as three sets of wheels seems a bit excessive.

When i first got the car i bought a hardtop and fitting kit, it rarely goes on but i've decided to fit it over the winter. No other reason really than it seems the best place to store it. It's been said before but it does really change the appearance of the car.

I rolled a blanket for the window to try and avoid as much creasing as possible so fingers crossed all will be fine until spring :)

Also got chance to have a chat with a joiner who was working at the house, he's got a 1.8 Z and is considering swapping it for an SLK (I soon put him right :D )
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

can you make me a wind deflector please pretty please . I have put the hoops on in anticipation :D
huntert

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by huntert »

WOW, hat of to you.