Wanted: Door Mirrors - Drivers Side

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
77Si

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Wanted: Door Mirrors - Drivers Side

Post by 77Si »

Looks like someone's clipped my drivers side mirror and the aluminum rod has given up the ghost fromthe force..... :( Have tried Quarry Motors, FAB direct, Ebay and not having much success - I know this is an age old problem but any other site recommendations would be gratefully recieved. I've also had a quick look for Z3M replacements but no joy..... as I'd consider an upgrade.

I have a 2001 2.2 Sport in Titanium but would settle for any colour.

Thanks in advance :)
woodsta888

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Wanted: Door Mirrors - Drivers Side

Post by woodsta888 »

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... OR#p319059

Try that fix if it's only the steel collet broken inside. Save you a bomb.
77Si

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by 77Si »

Blimey, think I am too much of a numpty to attempt that fix! Someone has mentioned a 'indy' who did a silicon or resin fix, which I presume fills the cavity - but then I'd assume that the mirror cant be moved.

For now, I think I'll continue on the hunt for replacements! Thank you though! :)
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Partmart.co.uk look to have a couple Z's in it might be worth a call. Never dealt with them but worth a shot. Good luck
woodsta888

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by woodsta888 »

77Si,

You can do it if I can do it. If you don't feel up to it you can send me the innards (both aluminium parts) and I'll do it for you for 20 quid plus postage. PM me if you would like me to do it. If I can't fix it then no charge obviously. If it's the steel collet that has corroded (and will snap easily if someone whacks it) then it's an easy fix.

In fact if anyone has any broken wing mirrors and hasn't chucked them I'll have them. I'll pay for postage. Second hand ones are a flippin fortune and my fix works perfectly and allows complete movement.
sobe_on

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by sobe_on »

Drivers Side needed ONLY?
BMW Aero Side Skirt/rear spoiler & chrome roll bar/ handle
AC schnitzer front/rear bumper splitter,Exhaust,type2 17"
BC coilover/H&R swaybar/wiecher's strut
77Si

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by 77Si »

Yes, the passenger side is fine - someone obviously clipped the driver's side whilst parked up - I'm in London with no off street parking :bawl:
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Hi
You have a PM