deckles head units

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
littlefeller

blank

deckles head units

Post by littlefeller »

deckles head units, any advise please. sick of cds sliding around everywhere, what I need is sd card.
seen these on ebay along with some real cheap ones
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blaupunkt-Mel ... 19d770d7c6

the funny thing about the one above is - if you follow the link lower in the page (the link for the spec) it takes you to another sight where they cost £59 :shock: :lol:
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: deckles head units

Post by martyb »

Yeah for i dont know much about the head unit but its on amazon.co.uk 59 quid. Theres a london version aswell for 68 i dont know what the difference is.
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

usually the only difference is the wattage, for some reason the higher wattage ones are around £10 more.

just had a look at the London, there is more than just the two, they all have different features but the one I want has the sd card slot, the others don't.
the other option is to fit an aux socket into my business cd, though not all have the multichanger sockets at the back, don't really want to remove the stereo just to find out.
Lazeodoom

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Lazeodoom »

I've got an SD based system and I must admit it's fantastic not to have CD's everywhere in the car, the fascia looks a lot less cluttered too.

One thing to check though is how many tracks your unit will allow per SD card... Mine will allow 256 albums in separate files and the manual claims it will only take a 2GB SD card. Strange as there's an 8GB in there at the moment working fine...

Plus the little ash tray by the gearbox holds over 10 SD cards and seems made for them!
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I was wondering what a deckles head unit was, especially when it opened a Blaupunkt head unit,
and then I realised it was deck-less...
I though I had never heard of that make.... :puzzle:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

:roflmao: my fail, should have been clearer. still toying with this, I like the idea of sd cards (all those cds on one tiny card), I have had multi changers in the past but even then I felt I needed more selection of tunes. but if I change to another head unit will the volume still rise and fall with my speed?
theskippies

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by theskippies »

I have a xenon. Don't get one :head:

Although mechless stereos are much better I think. Just not xenon
Joycey

M roadster S52

Post by Joycey »

What about an Bluetooth head unit ? I've been using one for years. All my music is on my iphone/Any smart phone and it streams through to your stereo.

I even have a spare stereo kicking around which does that with a lovely built in Mosfet amp.

Look up the Sony MEX BT5100 very smart looking and packed with handsfree too.

PM me if you want one.

Joycey
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I've just bought a deckless Bluetooth unit for my van, works with iPhone and has a front Aux In and a USB socket all for £39.99 on Ebay.

Not fitted it yet so can't give an opinion
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
SeriousRikk

blank

Post by SeriousRikk »

I think when I get my Zed I will be going deck-less. I know if I have a CD player in there I'll just litter the car with CD's so I just won't have one!

Trouble is once I start messing with audio, i get quite obsessive about sound quality
Richard - Old Zeddy's new home...
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

gookah wrote:I was wondering what a deckles head unit was,
Ha ha - me too

Regards

Peter
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Gazza wrote:I've just bought a deckless Bluetooth unit for my van, works with iPhone and has a front Aux In and a USB socket all for £39.99 on Ebay.

Not fitted it yet so can't give an opinion

Fitted the unit last Thursday, it does what it says on the Tin :), the sound isn't to bad due to it running through OEM speakers that are fitted to the van,

The Bluetooth facility for the phone is faultless and sounds really good. It is a basic setup and you have to dial out from the phone, it doesn't download my contacts/numbers like the unit in the Zed.

All in for the money, I can't complain.

This is the unit I bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300757580357? ... 1439.l2649
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage