Showroom Shine - sample

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Showroom Shine - sample

Post by Gazza »

This is a link posted onto another forum I belong to. It is for Greased Lightening.

http://www.greasedlightning.co.uk/t-samplepack.aspx

Requested my free sample
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Spang257

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Showroom Shine - sample

Post by Spang257 »

Yup - ordered mine!

Thanks for the link Gazza... I'll let you know what I think after I get it.
"You can't hide a stick of broccoli in a glass of milk..."
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

It's had some good reviews, I'll post my opinions when it arrives ;)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Been using it for some time now and for ease of use and decent results I wouldn't go back to anything else. It's not a long lasting paint protectorant but because you can do, glass, rubber etc at the same time I can do the Zed in 15 mins so doing it often isn't a chore.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Tim, can it be used on a dirty car like they say ?
Gazza

ImageImage
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Gazza wrote:Tim, can it be used on a dirty car like they say ?
I wouldn't personally try it but people swear by it. The idea is it contains surfactants that encapsulates the dirt forming a barrier between it and the paintwork protecting it from scratching. It's hard to get your head round the theory but as it was originally developed for hot countries with water restrictions there must be something in it. I prefer it as a pure wax and like it that you can apply it in full sun etc and it doesn't mark plastic or rubber.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
stupot50

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by stupot50 »

Order my sample yesterday, hope its enough to do the whole car :?:
1999 2.8 Arctic Silver Z3
1987 Black Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
2007 325d Msport - remapped
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Thanks for the link Gary. Ordered mine, Mrs Ragtop also ordered one. :D
Vic-Z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Vic-Z3 »

Sent for ............................. :D

Thank you Gary.
----------------- BMW Z3 Das Beste Auto -----------------

Mein altes Auto riecht nach Nudeln, hat dieses Auto eine Wurst Geruch.
jont

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by jont »

Requested my free sample curious to see if I get here in australia :D

JohnT
Midsomer Mikey

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Midsomer Mikey »

Anyone received theirs yet :?:
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Not yet
Gazza

ImageImage
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

Submitted my free sample request. It's certainly getting good reviews on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002QQYTLC
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
woodsta888

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by woodsta888 »

Nope, 12 days
z3bedee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by z3bedee »

I ordered my free sample nearly 2 weeks ago and not received it yet. As I am a bit impatient I took the plunge and ordered 2 bottles from Amazon. They arrived the following day and I have used it on my car. I have to say the results are impressive and it has done what it says in all the reviews. My car wasn't particularly dirty but it has given it.....well a showroom shine and it took just 20 minutes. One thing I would mention is that I would be reluctant to spray it on a cloth first and then wipe the car over as some people have done. That sort of defeats the object in my opinion. How can the surfactants lift the dirt and encapsulate it from the car if it is not sprayed directly onto it before wiping. Finally beware when spraying it on, it goes everywhere and I managed to get some overspray on the soft top which was a pita to remove
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

I have ordered.. I am running out!
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
PERRINZ3M

M roadster S52

Post by PERRINZ3M »

This product sounds too good to be true.
So lets say I washed my car in the normal manor then I would not need to fully dry it I could just spray this product over it and buff it off to get a polished look on all the trims windows and paint. Like you have said it wont give the durability of many other polishes but then again if the car does not get used very much then this is not an issue.

steve
z3bedee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by z3bedee »

The idea behind it is that you don't use any water at all even when the car is dirty
PERRINZ3M

M roadster S52

Post by PERRINZ3M »

z3bedee wrote:The idea behind it is that you don't use any water at all even when the car is dirty
Dont fancy that but might be a good quick detailer was what I was thinking
PERRINZ3M

M roadster S52

Post by PERRINZ3M »

Just found this for sale at £9.99 from robert dyas so had to buy a bottle.

steve
PERRINZ3M

M roadster S52

Post by PERRINZ3M »

Well gave the car a wash today in full sunshine and then decided to use this product as a quick detailer and it is fantastic.
The reviews state it is an excellent window cleaning product so I thought if it isnt any good on the paint I am no worse off but it was fantastic on both.
The only negative I would say is it is a bit messy in that when you spray it on the panel it tends to go down the panel gaps.

I think i will use this product when going to a show and stay over the night before and if it has rained you can give it a once over before leaving the hotel (im not one for standing polishing a car all day in the sun at a show0

Steve
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics

Did you buy the Glass cleaner or Showroom Shine ?

Robert Dyas has the glass cleaner at £7.99 but the Showroom shine is £15 with 2 free cloths
Gazza

ImageImage
PERRINZ3M

M roadster S52

Post by PERRINZ3M »

I didn't take any mate but you will get to see it in two weeks at Silverstone.

steve
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Gazza

ImageImage
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

I've used it a few times, never on a really dirty car though. Results are great, but like everyone says it does get everywhere when spraying onto panels. It will work spraying onto a cloth but that defeats the objective of it lifting the dirt really :head:

I used it at Silverstone last year and have also used it as a quick detailer before other shows.

Still awaiting my sample though after nearly 3 weeks :roll:
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
jessicafay28

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by jessicafay28 »

Ordered my sample, as they say up north "owt for nowt" :wink:
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Just read this on another Forum......

"Okay, my mate that runs the snaketorque site has posted this. Several members have contacted them & told its on its way.

"Just rang them and it turns out they moved premises recently and have had major probs with emails reaching them, so chances are they never got your request.

Ring customer services on 0845 500 11 33 and they'll get a pack out to you straight away"

So if its worth a call. ."
Gazza

ImageImage
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Gazza wrote:"Just rang them and it turns out they moved premises recently and have had major probs with emails reaching them, so chances are they never got your request.

What an ideal time to do a promotion then... A typical marketing department idea, they should all be in front of Lord Sugar..... the t*ssers.

:head:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Sounds like a crap reason, I can get my emails anywhere
Gazza

ImageImage
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

Gazza wrote:"Just rang them and it turns out they moved premises recently and have had major probs with emails reaching them, so chances are they never got your request."
Really? Because moving office makes your e-mails magically disappear doesn't it. Especially when you don't even host your own e-mail server (MX records point to itinsideout.com). More like "got far too many requests for free samples so decided not to honour any of the requests".
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

Mine came today, very small bottle (may just do the boot lid) and 2 micro cloths. I've been using it for quite a while now, but thought I would still send for one. I get mine in QD stores, £19.99 for a twin pack (2 x 2 litre bottles)
CollyBee

Z4 roadster 2.2i

Post by CollyBee »

I've used Showroom Shine for years, bought it from Ideal World. Great for a quick spruce up when you can't be bothered to go through the Autoglym malarkey.
Lewy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lewy »

z3bedee wrote:The idea behind it is that you don't use any water at all even when the car is dirty
That's a scary though rubbing dirt around on your body work. Be sure to have a machine polisher handy to get rid of the swirls after ;)

I only use detailing sprays as a lubricant to the clay bar process and would never start using it on a dirty car, imagine what we all bought our Z's for - those rare hot sunny days and so why risk all those swirls coming out in the sunshine for the sake of a quick detail.

Rinse and snow foam is the way forward before even touch your car body work with any shampoo or detailer IMO
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

fairy liquid and an old sponge is just as good... :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

gookah wrote:fairy liquid and an old sponge is just as good... :D
Sponge is posh, I use an old tea towel
Gazza

ImageImage
CollyBee

Z4 roadster 2.2i

Post by CollyBee »

I also use a tea towel or bath towel to buff. Or sometimes wear a pair of towelling running shorts and rub my rump against the car in a polishing motion. So I don't have to bend down for certain bits.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I use wooley socks on my feet for doing the lower panels
Gazza

ImageImage
Pep

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Pep »

Just ordered my sample, thanks Gazza!

I live in a apartment block in the city centre so I always use "waterless" cleaning products and I haven't found a lot of difference between the different brands so I'm looking forward to finding this one to be impressive!
Mad Max

blank

Post by Mad Max »

Anyone had theirs yet?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Mad Max wrote:Anyone had theirs yet?
I know of a couple, the sample is just enough to do the bonnet :(
Gazza

ImageImage
Spang257

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Spang257 »

Still waiting... :cry:
"You can't hide a stick of broccoli in a glass of milk..."
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Alan W »

My brother swears by showroom shine and uses it on his classic black Rover SD1. I saw some on offer in Robert Dyas (two bottles for £25) so bought some. I was apprehensive about using it on my shiny cosmos black z3 so tried it on my everyday car first and it seems to do exactly what it says on the tin.

It is a very quick and convenient to clean your car without water and I have since used it on the z3 but would feel very reluctant to use it if the car was significantly dirty, like others I find the concept of rubbing a cloth on to a gritty painted surface really hard to get my head around!

But one thing I did find it was really good for - courtesy of my brother - is for cleaning your windows (but not the outside of your front screen) and not only is it really easy to apply and remove from glass it polishes it at the same time, you get really shiny windows!

I have only had the Z for two or three months and have spent a fortune on trying different products but have now got a regime that seems to work well for my car which I will share.

Firstly I wash with any car shampoo because at the end or the day it is basically car shampoo.

Once dried off with a blade and a drying towel I then polish with an Auto Glym polish that is especially designed for black or dark cars and does not smear or cause swirls. Once polished I use a sealer which is like a clear polymer liquid which protects the wax and give a really high gloss shine. The shine is pretty amazing and I have people come up to me and ask me what polish I used to get the car like that. I have tried three makes of these glossy sealers - one by Auto Glym £12 for 500ml, one by Car Plan £8 for 300ml, and one by Demon Wheels which is on special offer in Morrisons for £3 for a big bottle 750 ml I think. All three are excellent but I think that Auto Glym deftinately has the edge and B&Q are currently offering at £9 a bottle - and if you buy two bottles you get another one free.

Under the bonnet I use Auto Glym Tyre Dressing everywhere which is superb and my engine compartment looks like the day it came out or the factory, well almost. Today I tried it on the black door panels and centre console and was very impressed, makes rubber, vinyl and plastic look and feel like new without being shiny - more silky smooth I'd say.

Hope someone finds this useful
1999 facelit Z3 Roadster 2.8 Auto in Cosmos Black aka 'Gloria'
nkfb1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nkfb1 »

Got given some Greased lightening by a neighbour after I did his lawn . Great trade as this really does bring out the shine in the car and helps with the odd minor scuff / scratch . Took it to the bodyshop the other day and tried to show him some paint stress cracks I had seen . Soooooo shiny we could not see them . Great stuff . Think I'll get about 15 cleans out of the bottle. Takes 10 mins start to finish . Brilliant on the glass too. Don't dare use it on the rear plastic screen though

PS and yes it does work on a very dirty car without scratching it as long as you have not got grit on it . Tested on my Vectra ( yes I know very sad ) in hot sun with dust and baked on "stuff" and it was fantastic ...