Over enthusiastic alarm.

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Zim

M roadster S52

Over enthusiastic alarm.

Post by Zim »

Hi guys just thought I'd ask here before I go to BMW. My M is doing strange things. The alarm seems to randomly go off, it seems to go off most often when I'm driving and breaking to slow down it will go off for about 30seconds then go off till the next time I need to slow down. As you can tell this is driving me nuts.

I checked the boot sensors and haven't spotted anything out of the ordinary. I have put in a new battery if that makes any difference. The bonnet sensor seems ok too

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Over enthusiastic alarm.

Post by Robert T »

Check that the tilt sensor in the boot isn't underwater. It is located in the bottom of the well behind the left-hand boot trim and is the most common cause of the alarm going off when driving.

Other than that, check that the connections on your new battery are clean and tight, as bad connection there can cause all kind of electrical gremlins.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Zim

M roadster S52

Post by Zim »

Ha cheers mate! spot on no idea how water got into there but cleared it all out and everything is back to normal again.

Thanks again!
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

No worries. :)

Water can get into the boot from a number of places - check third brakelight, aerial grommet, and look for a damp carpet in either the softtop box or the upper boot trim.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Zim

M roadster S52

Post by Zim »

will do mate, will do some investigation this evening :)

thanks