DSC MK60 - Query

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

DSC MK60 - Query

Post by Brian H »

Hi guys and girls,

If you have DCS MK60 on your car and have INPA (or similar) software could you please have a look at a following screen for me please. I am interested to see what reading you have on the offset lateral acceleration sensor. If this is present in earlier model you too could help.

The sensor is in Chassis - DSC MK60 - Read DSC Sensors

Thanks in advance

Brian
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: DSC MK60 - Query

Post by Robert T »

It's a DSC only component, as far I know, Brian, so no use me checking mine.

Yours looks like you are going round a corner. :)

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Robert T wrote:It's a DSC only component, as far I know, Brian, so no use me checking mine.

Yours looks like you are going round a corner. :)

Cheers R.
Thanks Robert,

DSC is super sensitive, need to work out why.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Can anyone help with this?
Brian4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian4 »

Hi Brian
I haven't got a code reader but looking at the print out is seems as if the lateral sensor is reading at the edge of it's limits so if you go left the sensor goes out of limit. Can you reset the sensor. I know the steering angle can be reset so you should be able to reset.. Alternatively if you disconnect the battery for a while it usually resets most things or take the passenger seat out and unplug the 2 sensors under the carpet. Not sure if it works but sounds logical and can,t harm anything.
Brian
3.0I Topaz Blue

2000 E36/7 Z3 3.0i
2016 F31 335d
2015 F21 118i
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

What options have you got with the DSC module in INPA, Brian? Is there a reset or self-test option? I take it that it has not logged any error codes. Looks like it is one of the sensors under the seat, and if memory serves, there is an expensive one and a cheaper one, so let's hope it's not the expensive one.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Thanks for the suggestions guys

@Brian, I have not seen a reset in the menu but will re-connect INPA to the car and see if I can find one.

@Robert, no error codes as the sensors seem to be within tolerance (i.e. in the green bit), it just does not take much to get the little yellow DSC light flashing :)

I will get some further screen shots whilst in the menus, I suspect though the seat may have to come out :head:

Do we have any idea the relationship between the actual reading on the left and the offset readings on the right?
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

FWIW, my ///M has the Mk20 DSCIII (same as M3). I just read mine with INPA and while stationary the speed, acceleration and yaw sensors read zero.

I also have a sensitive DSC light at the moment. It could be any number of things and my current target is the steering angle sensor. While in the straight ahead positron mine currently reads 7.5 degrees to thee right.
2001 M roadster S54 Laguna Seca Blue
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

I had a look again in INPA and there is a recalibration mode in INPA for the DSC Sensors which I tried for the Acceleration sensor but it remains unchanged, It is under the activate tab (F6 and then F3) once in that screen it gives options to recalibrate certain items,
siwilson wrote:FWIW, my ///M has the Mk20 DSCIII (same as M3). I just read mine with INPA and while stationary the speed, acceleration and yaw sensors read zero.

I also have a sensitive DSC light at the moment. It could be any number of things and my current target is the steering angle sensor. While in the straight ahead positron mine currently reads 7.5 degrees to thee right.
Brilliant Si, thanks for the Info, maybe worth a look at the steering angle sensor for the same recalibration mode?

Edit: had yet another look in the menus and there is no re calibration for the steering wheel sensor in my software.