Fab BMW Roadster Video

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Fab BMW Roadster Video

Post by TitanTim »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=apqDx0o6Zg ... pqDx0o6ZgA

Nice to see the E89 amongst the classics :lol:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
RichP

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Fab BMW Roadster Video

Post by RichP »

about 8 seconds of z3 bashing :(

apart from that a good video.
Image Image
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Good video - was a bit surprised that the Z3 was hardly mentioned and not shown in the line-up given that before its production everything else (roadsters) had been produced in "small experimental" numbers and had probably not been a wider commercial success. Would seem a bit like VW talking about their evolution and leaving out the Mk 1 Golf. One gets the impression that many motoring journalists have never been able to bring themselves to like the Z3.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I think all those with a z3 and a Youtube account should leave a comment for XCARFilms, I have :evil:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Looks like the producers of the video have gone a bit defensive - issuing a new posting at a rate of one per minute at one point this morning and elevating only the most sycophantic posts to the top section. :D
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Hmmmmm seems one of my comments on the video has disappeared :shake:

XCAR response " Thank you everyone for your feedback. We hope you enjoyed the piece. With regards to the Z3 the reason for leaving it out is that out of all of the roadsters it's the one everyone knows the most about already and we wanted to focus on the cars in the timeline that we felt had the most interesting stories behind them. We do however realize that it is a very popular car indeed and we will look at giving it some attention of its own."

If it smells like s**t it usually is s**t

DerekGB's response to the above statement by XCAR

"Sounds like some hastily cobbled together back peddling to me. In the approx. 8 second mention of the Z3 your journalists manage to squeeze in two sarcastic comments. By no stretch of the imagination is this perceived as either an objective analysis or a true intention to leave it out of your timeline because it is so well known – as you now say. Hints at laziness to me - I suspect the older models were supplied by a collection and the newer Z4 by BMW"
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

I had to laugh at the clunky dialogue

"I love the V8 sound of that V8 engine" or something similarly inane. Top gear presenters wont be sweating it methinks.
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....