To tax or not to tax!

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

To tax or not to tax!

Post by Davejue1 »

Well I'm sat down in Kent in my cab waiting to get tipped and the sun is beating in through my drivers window and the sky is blue, proper feeling of spring in the air. I promised myself I wouldn't tax until 1st April as generally September is a nicer month than March so would benefit later in the year before tucking him away again for winter.
Whats everyone else who runs there Zeds through the summer doing? :sunny

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Re: To tax or not to tax!

Post by bertiejaffa »

I have mine taxed all year, but if you are only doing a summer zed then my comments would be to tax from March. You can renew for 6 months at the end of August and still hand the disc back just before the end of September and get 5 months refund.

Plus, by then the new electronic method of taxing might be out which would make getting a refund easier. (although I think it is actually due around October/Nov)
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Well I got in from work jumped online and taxed my Zed. Had no intention of doing so till April but got a bit giddy with the sunshine today and liked what bertiejaffa said about re-taxing then refunding at end of sept/oct.
Looking forward to having a blast out now. Fingers crossed we get some nice weather at the weekend! :)

Cheers
Dave

Devon Z
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Devon Z »

Was going to do mine from March as usual but the forecast for the start of the month is iffy and I'm out the country for second half which looked okay :wink: so April it is then!
99 2.0 Topaz Individual
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Well you've suffered badly this winter with the rain, and knowing Brixham and being right on the coast it's prob the best choice, hopefully things will have dried up for you by then. :)

Cheers
Dave

bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Davejue1 wrote:Well I got in from work jumped online and taxed my Zed. Had no intention of doing so till April but got a bit giddy with the sunshine today and liked what bertiejaffa said about re-taxing then refunding at end of sept/oct.
Looking forward to having a blast out now. Fingers crossed we get some nice weather at the weekend! :)

Cheers
Dave
Good luck for the weekend. It is my birthday this weekend and I remember last year I flew back into Manchester Airport from work and picked up the Z from the meet and greet.... it was a glorious sunny day, 14 degrees and the first time I had the top down last year.... Lets hope for the same this year - it makes sense :wink:
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Devon Z
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Devon Z »

Davejue1 wrote:Well you've suffered badly this winter with the rain, and knowing Brixham and being right on the coast it's prob the best choice, hopefully things will have dried up for you by then. :)

Cheers
Dave
Well it wasn't a bad day today but the rain is blowing horizontal again tonight just for a change!!!
99 2.0 Topaz Individual