S54 FOR SALE/ADVICE SOUGHT

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
CJB

blank

S54 FOR SALE/ADVICE SOUGHT

Post by CJB »

Members - I've had it for a year but now time to change - any advice (or offers!) for this S54 (#69 built I believe). Its a bit miley (124k) but no issues with it, just passed MOT with some minor advisories. Was going to put it up for £9500 ono - advice would be welcome...

Link to pics here, number plate included in sale.
https://plus.google.com/103848872597273 ... rBsLtDppBP

cheers
Desiro

M roadster S50

Re: S54 FOR SALE/ADVICE SOUGHT

Post by Desiro »

Hi CJB
If I were selling it I would include photos of the boot welds and seat bolster as it has such high miles.

Maybe state what advisories it had too to allay fears of future costs.

good luck with the sale

I'll pass the details on to a friend of mine who is currently looking for an S54
CJB

blank

Post by CJB »

Cheers for that and will do!
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Full list of work carried out would also benefit... I got this with my S50 (which included the boot weld and the Vanos) - Service intervals, maintenance, mileages at each MOT etc...

At the end of the day if someone is after one of these cars they already know what they are looking for meaning you are already down to a niche, knowledgeable audience. These little things will just get you the little bit extra over the line (IMHO)
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
chill4x4saph

M roadster S54

Post by chill4x4saph »

a few weeks back there was an s54 in estoril blue if I remember correctly its mileage was 59000 miles and it was up for £10995, I had just bought mine but I thought for that money I would buy it anyway. I rang him on the first day it was listed (sunday) and after his description i told him if it was as described i would give him his full asking price for it, he said it was away being checked over/ valeted till the Wednesday, i asked him to ring me as soon as it was available to see (meant to be on the Thursday) and i would go straight to look at it. on the Tuesday the seller rang me to say that he had had 14 serious enquires, 5 of those were from dealers (at least one of which was a bmw dealer!), and one of them had offered £1000 more than it was listed for!!!.., he asked if i would be willing to match this £1000 increase and that he was only giving me the opportunity as i was the first caller. i said no as i thought he was trying it on!!, the day after it had gone!, sold!...., this tells you that a 50-60,000 mile s54 is worth at least £12-£13000 if that vehicle generated that much interest IMO

i would have thought that yours car with that mileage is about right at that money!, again IMO.

and i should also add that i would be reluctant to let mine go for a penny less than 20k, and i don't really care what anyone thinks!..., after all they are an incredibly rare car (not to mention highly underrated) with an s54 lump.
Last edited by chill4x4saph on Tue 08 Apr, 2014 07:27, edited 1 time in total.
CJB

blank

Post by CJB »

Thanks for the advice chaps! Will post up the pics and other info later....
CJB

blank

Post by CJB »

Added the pics of the bolster and boot....
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Re the pic of the boot I can't really zoom in on my iPad to see clearly but the area of interest re the boot welds are the ones under the cd changer on the left. You can just see some in the pic but the first 3 to go are the ones further left under the carpet trim which you need to lift. Worth taking a close up of these to show no cracked paint around the spot welds (usually if they have popped there is an orange stain from water ingress).

Edit: I seem to remember the S54's have extra insulation glued on over the far left spots (is it really that long since I looked under there lol) but if that's the case and the visible ones look ok I would not bother lifting it as they are probably ok

It's not as common on an S54 and even if they have popped it's not a big job to fix but pics of it intact would make a difference ;-)

Good luck with the sale
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Agree with whats been said around the boot welds. With regards the scuffing on the bolsters I would just get some scuff master from liquid leather in black and go over the scuffs, the seats themselves and areas of the interior trim which have either faded or been marked (all you interior seems to be black so should be easy). This will ensure that the interior looks perfect, especially for a car with 125k on the clock - it will give it the perfect finish.

With regards the bolsters, there is also another product from furniture clinic (either flexifil or heavy filler) which would fill in the "cracks" if you see what I mean - just depends how much effort you want to put in.... scuffmaster will retreat the colour, the optional 2nd lot will give it the ultimate finish. Finally if there are any sags in the seat leather then check out Gookahs progress journal - he used a heatgun on the leather to make it tight again.
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
CJB

blank

Post by CJB »

Great advice guys, much appreciated!