Trentham 14th June

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
the_youth

M roadster S50

Trentham 14th June

Post by the_youth »

Anyone going to the transport festival tomorrow at Trentham Gardens (nr Stoke-on-Trent)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Trentham 14th June

Post by freds dad »

Its the 14th today.
the_youth

M roadster S50

Post by the_youth »

Good spot! It's on tomorrow so the 15th. Father's Day.

TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

Clashes with Cholmondoley Pageant of Power which is the better place to be by far.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I might be doing this next year in place of the Pageant, as it was nowhere near as good this year. The car clubs are relegated to the edge of the show and we don't get much of a discount on tickets. Yes, the Status Quo concert on Friday night was good, but there were only half the number of traders there and the visitor numbers seemed to be a long way down - the air displays were also somewhat lacking. We get far better fare from the likes of CarFest and Gold Cup weekend at Oulton Park. Shame, as it has been a good event in previous years.

So the big question is, was it any good? If it was, you might be getting a selection of Austin Healeys next year. :D

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
the_youth

M roadster S50

Post by the_youth »

I went for a few hours and thought it was great. Location is fantastic and the club stands were pretty big and loads of auto jumble. Spent some time having a good chat to people on the BMW Enthusiasts area.
All in all, a pretty good day out with a wide range of cars to view.

TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

Robert

Your comments on the Pageant of Power are interesting as my thoughts and the feedback I was hearing from others was that the event was probably past its best and a victim of its own success.

Isn't that always the way? I remember the first Goodwood Revival in 1998 when the feeling was that it was run for enthusiasts by the enthusiasts. Nowadays however, it seems to be all for sponsors with inflated prices and people with complimentary tickets who have no real interest in the cars.

Alas it seems the POP is going the same way. More of a social occasion. I still enjoyed it and it certainly beats mowing the lawns but I think it has now lost some of its appeal.