roof knifed

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
D16WUL

Z3 roadster 2.8

roof knifed

Post by D16WUL »

Hi guys im new here so Hello :)

Got up for work this morning to find my Z had been broken into :( not much stolen but the roof has had it :(
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a new roof. I live in Dumbarton,Scotland and any help would be appreciated :)
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: roof knifed

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Can't help with the query (wrong end of the country), but sorry to hear about the roof. :( And welcome to the forum. :)
D16WUL

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by D16WUL »

thanks mate :)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

PM sent.... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Wow that's pretty awful, talk about a sunroof! Hope you get it sorted soon.

P.S. If you copy the links next to IMG in photobucket your images will be displayed automatically :)
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Really sorry to see that mate, what a b******!! Can you claim for a new roof? :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

Sorry to hear about that mate, I'm the wrong end of the uk (Woking, surrey) but have a decent ( some repair to rear screen) you can have it for £100 cash on collection if you can get here?

Good luck getting it sorted
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

Some jealous class A J harper at work again, never ceases to amaze me what scumbags of society we have to put up with, well it's the closest he got to having a feel for a Z3. I know it's a bit far but there's a guy in Swansea if you fancy a couple of days away who only charged £250 for a new roof if you have to pay out your own pocket for this. Some advise from experience don't bother reporting this to your insurers if your forking out for this out of your own pocket as they log it as a no claims incident and will effect your premium even if you have no claims protection. Hope your back up and running soon and pity the vandal didn't slice his own fingers off in the process.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Hope your back up and running soon and pity the vandal didn't slice his own fingers off in the process.
..............totally agree and preferably even worse!!

There is also Quarry Motors in Sheffield as another source, they have always been pretty helpful to me and cheap delivery.

Better luck from now on, and BTW damage aside, your car looks great. Cheers Pete
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike Fishwick »

What's the boost guage for? Is it really a blown 2.8 - if so tell us about it!
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by John Wilson »

There has been a thread recently about best replacement roofs, I've had a quick look but cant find it. I know Titan Tim is looking to get a red one (stick to black, I say) and he contributed, but I dont know who started the thread.
Anyway, sorry to hear of the vandalism, especially on such a nice looking Z.
roadvoyager1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by roadvoyager1 »

I think the thread John mentions is on .org. http://zroadster.org/threads/hood-repla ... 970/page-3.
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by John Wilson »

No,no, I wouldnt go on 'org'. Just the thought of it..... (Only kidding). I've just found the thread I was thinking of. http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... of#p380141
(Mind I'm sure them at org know what they're talking about as well---as they're usually the same people)