EBC Redstuff replacing OEM on /M, new wear indicators needed

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

EBC Redstuff replacing OEM on /M, new wear indicators needed

Post by tags »

Hi All,

My ///M is going for an MOT on Saturday. I know my front pads are low and will need replacing at some stage. I have bought a pair of EBC Redstuff pads for the garage to fit when then they do the MOT. Will I need new wear indicators as well?

Thanks,

Tags
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: EBC Redstuff replacing OEM on /M, new wear indicators ne

Post by Brian H »

If you have not triggered the wear indicator lamp on the dashboard then no you do not need to replace.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Brian H wrote:If you have not triggered the wear indicator lamp on the dashboard then no you do not need to replace.
As long as the garage is careful removing the old ones. They are easy to break if you are ham-fisted, or pull on the wire.
Pingu
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

Thanks guys.

No light on yet. I passed by the garage and they said the same thing. If I can get to eurocarparts, I will buy some new ones just in case.

Tags
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

All sorted. EBC red stuff fitted on the front. The garage took great care not to damage the wear indicators and have re-used them (not because I am a cheapskate, but because I never had time to call and get some before my MOT).

Mot passed with 2 advisories, front brake pads low (fitted after MOT) and indicators are too white, needs new orange bulbs. Other than that all is good.

Tags
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

tags wrote:All sorted. EBC red stuff fitted on the front. The garage took great care not to damage the wear indicators and have re-used them (not because I am a cheapskate, but because I never had time to call and get some before my MOT).

Mot passed with 2 advisories, front brake pads low (fitted after MOT) and indicators are too white, needs new orange bulbs. Other than that all is good.

Tags
Lucky, that's a fail not an advisory. If you think that you're a cheapskate - I use orange clear model paint to do the bulbs :) .
Pingu