ABS/ASC

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

ABS/ASC

Post by Captain »

Had my subframe and boot floor reinforced, as there were a few welds that had popped. I collected the car late on Friday afternoon, when I started the car I noticed the ABS and traction control lights were on, I thought maybe they had disturbed a plug under the car while doing the repair, anyway this morning I decided to jack the car up and take a look, to my horror I find the wiring melted together :head: I've managed to seperate the wiring, all 4 of the abs/asc fuses were blown I've replaced them however fuse number 21 keeps blowing :head: can anyone tell me what this fuse protects I've done Google but can't seem to find any info. Finally do you think this could have caused any major damage to any of the module's controlling the abs/asc
ImageImage
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: ABS/ASC

Post by Jonco »

Have a look at this http://wedophones.com/Manuals/BMW/1998% ... Manual.pdf - fuse list and then details
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

And take the car back to the garage that did the welding!

As if they melted the wiring, they a/ need to put it right and b/ need to be aware, so they don't do it again on a Z3.
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

Jonco wrote:Have a look at this http://wedophones.com/Manuals/BMW/1998% ... Manual.pdf - fuse list and then details
Thanks for the info Jonco, see that it protects the abs relay, slip control module and asc switch
ImageImage
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

It makes you wonder about the quality control of the garage that did the work.

They must have had to move your car when it was with them, I assume by driving rather than pushing it.

Either (a) they were aware of the warning lights when they did their final QC checks and chose to do nothing, not even to tell you when you collected it or (b) had no final QC checks at all.

Whichever it is shocking.

You should kick some ass :wink:
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

TR4man wrote:It makes you wonder about the quality control of the garage that did the work.

They must have had to move your car when it was with them, I assume by driving rather than pushing it.

Either (a) they were aware of the warning lights when they did their final QC checks and chose to do nothing, not even to tell you when you collected it or (b) had no final QC checks at all.

Whichever it is shocking.

You should kick some ass :wink:
As you say there were no checks done obviously, I will be taking it back in morning as it's totally unacceptable.
ImageImage
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

That's what l said!
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

lightning wrote:That's what l said!
We are agreeing with you :wink: :)
Sailorbaz

M roadster S50

Post by Sailorbaz »

The only doubt I have it taking the car back after you've had it all weekend. In hindsight, you should have walked right back into the garage upon collecting it and seeing the ABS lights etc. I'm just playing devils advocate here, preparing you for what they 'might' say to you.

Good luck