100% clear windscreen

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

100% clear windscreen

Post by Bowler »

Sun shining, car taxed for another six months, so top down and a thirty mile round trip amongst the greenery of the local countryside.

Took off the old tax disc and holder along with a couple of small BM stickers. Bit strange at first almost feels illegal.

Great hours drive, almost worth paying the tax just for today, Really blows the cob webs away, better than any therapy or relaxation exercise, Z's should be on prescription :) :) :)
In love with driving again (its the Z effect)
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: 100% clear windscreen

Post by Davejue1 »

Sounds lovely Paul. Surrendering my tax in at the end of the month but hoping to get out for a day with Jue before its sent back.Then it's maintenance throu winter ready for April. :)

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Bowler wrote:Took off the old tax disc and holder along with a couple of small BM stickers. Bit strange at first almost feels illegal.
Well that's two of us then! An awful lot of people either don't seem to know, or dare not remove their discs just yet.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Dino D

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Dino D »

Prompted by this thread to look up changes and Just checked .gov website see they have made auto renewing monthly direct debit possible, quite like that (as long as you remember to cancel it as soon as you sell/sorn the car!)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Where on the windscreen does the law prescribe the position of your tax discs? Here it is common to have it on the left lower or top corner... however, I have mine directly behind the rearview mirror as high up as it will go... out the way and barely noticeable.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

As from October tax discs are dinosaurs.........history. All done on number plate recognition now.......so they say. So as these guys are saying, its going to feel a bit odd not having that little circular bit of paper looking at you.
Last edited by Koolflyer on Mon 06 Oct, 2014 07:07, edited 1 time in total.
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

I don't believe there was a set ruling Barry, it was just common place to put it on the bottom left corner of the screen. I think it just became the norm as whenever a car was bought from the dealers they'd put a holder I that position. :)

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Probably like a lot of folks here I have a nice metal tax disc holder which I quite like, perhaps someone might come up with a zroadster.net disc?? Just a thought :roll:
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Davejue1 wrote:I don't believe there was a set ruling Barry, it was just common place to put it on the bottom left corner of the screen. I think it just became the norm as whenever a car was bought from the dealers they'd put a holder I that position. :)
It was the best place, stops short sighted traffic wardens leaning against the paintwork to see if its in date!
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Koolflyer wrote:Probably like a lot of folks here I have a nice metal tax disc holder which I quite like, perhaps someone might come up with a zroadster.net disc?? Just a thought :roll:
BMWCC looking at altering membership card to mirror a tax disc!
Mike

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike »

As in France I do not need a tax disc but have insurance and CT (MOT) stickers instead. I thought I'd remove the tax disc holder but then realised in incorporates the external aerial for the mobile phone. Looking for a Roadster "taxdisc" to put in it.
eddie1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by eddie1 »

Feels a bit weird not seeing it anymore, looks better tho' .....
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

In Tasmania we have no stickers anywhere. You pay your registration and drive off.

The trouble comes when you borrow a friends car and it is out of registration - you can get done by the police as it is the driver's responsibility to make sure a car is registered. Bottom line, try not to borrow anyone's car unless you see the rego papers!
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

:idea: Just an idea and going back a few threads. If we had a 'zroadster.net' replacement for the tax disc, you could put your forum ID on it. So, (as happens so many times reading these posts), when you are on your travels and you spot another Zed that catches your eye you will know if the owner is a member or not, allowing you to PM or say hello if you so wish??......or not :?
DC

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by DC »

For the first time ever I didn't get a reminder for my year old Scirocco, If they are going to "forget" to send reminders out it's going to be a nice little earner as a lot of folk will forget to tax and end up with a fine.
Z tax will run out at the end of this month then it will be sorned, I wonder if I'll get the usual reminder for that?
Dave.
Dave. 1998 Arctic Silver Z3 M44 1.9 Automatic
mwpe

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mwpe »

Bowler wrote:
Koolflyer wrote:Probably like a lot of folks here I have a nice metal tax disc holder which I quite like, perhaps someone might come up with a zroadster.net disc?? Just a thought :roll:
BMWCC looking at altering membership card to mirror a tax disc!
Either would be a good idea :)
Kiboko

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Kiboko »

I'm not the only one then! 6am. 1st October I was outside whipping the tax disc off! As I said on facebook, - "today I removed a substantial ugly blot from the windscreen of my car. It was an expression of a new freedom, a release from government chains.... cleaner vision, safer motoring, the Bang & Olufsen of unobstructed contemporary design. I removed my excise licence! Now I have a clear unfettered windscreen. My car is safer, lighter, more streamlined, faster! I have been waiting to do this, waiting for this day, since the announcement several months ago, - yesterday that day arrived and I was able to launch my strategy to make my car more ME. A new, cleaner environment. Unfettered, untied, unrestrained as every sports car should be!
Vic-Z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Vic-Z3 »

How will I be able to report an untaxed vehicle....
We get a lot of dodgy white van eastern European types picking up tat from kerbside round our way.
I hate the way they cruise slowly past the houses.
----------------- BMW Z3 Das Beste Auto -----------------

Mein altes Auto riecht nach Nudeln, hat dieses Auto eine Wurst Geruch.