My New Zed

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Antm72

Z3 roadster 2.8

My New Zed

Post by Antm72 »

Heres pictures of the new motor.....

Chuffed to bits with her :D
Mor61e

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: My New Zed

Post by Mor61e »

That's a spot on colour combo

You can pretend you're James Bond now :P :lol:
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Car looks in nice condition and the soft top (or at least the rear window?) looks nice and new :)
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

Looks superb, excellent colour choice and interior combo
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''
Antm72

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Antm72 »

Its still the original roof ! The car is in outstanding condition , leather has no marks and no dinks just stone chips and nothing to ruin any look.
Fell on it just right snapped up 30 mins after listing on ebay lol drives great no tramlining its only covered 1000 odd miles in the last 3 years and has been dry stored.
All lower arms and upper bushes front and rear replaced so a very tight drive that makes it feel sorted for a stock car.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Great looking car ! Wish you well with it buddy.. :sunny
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

Hi Antm72. Nice motor. Is it a 1.9 ? What sort of mileage has it covered ?
Atlanta Blue was my original choice but after looking at and driving several 2.8 Auto variants I settled for a 2.0 Auto in Topaz Blue Metallic.

Indeed,I am currently thinking of moving my Volvo V70 D5 SE Geartronic along in favour before it becomes a worthless liability with the recent revaluations about diesels and pollution from them. I am considering a 2.8 or a 3.0 litre as a possible "Fix it" project with a tatty interior.
My trade before my somewhat early retirement included motor trimming,aircraft and marine work.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
Antm72

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Antm72 »

The cars a 2.8 it has 87k on it with service book stamped every 10k .i looked at lots of 1.9's but having owned a 2.8 before the 1.9's where ok but i don't think i would ever have been truely happy as my heart was set on a nice 2.8.
This car came up locally and was a steal at 2.5k alot cheaper than most i looked at and by far the best inside and out.
There are a few cheap ones around at the moment if you want a project im sure you'll find a suitable car without much issue.
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

Antm72 wrote:The cars a 2.8 it has 87k on it with service book stamped every 10k .i looked at lots of 1.9's but having owned a 2.8 before the 1.9's where ok but i don't think i would ever have been truely happy as my heart was set on a nice 2.8.
This car came up locally and was a steal at 2.5k alot cheaper than most i looked at and by far the best inside and out.
There are a few cheap ones around at the moment if you want a project im sure you'll find a suitable car without much issue.
Hi Antm72. I went to have a look at a Silver 2.8 Auto the other evening. I walked away. The car was ready for a new hood albeit the electric mechanism work fine but the lining was missing (I suspected that it was a salvaged one).
The "A" pillar at the top on the NS was quite heavily rusted and with signs of Kurust or similar. The top panel over the cubby lockable boxes was badly blistered and ready for peeling.
The seat-belt warning light was illuminated on the dash and along with some simpletons explanation as to BMW will fix it at no cost because it is/was a known fault,yes - even on a car that was 16+yrs old !!!!!!!!!! and had been in the hands of 7 previous owners and not including the seller that had only had it for two weeks and still with tax on it ???
It smelled of a PASS the PARCEL car.
It was re-advertised because a buyer that had not seen it - did not make payment. The car eventually fetched £2450 with 29 bids and the winning bidder along with all other 28 had not seen the car.
I was the only one that came to view and take it out.
Hey Ho. I will keep looking.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Some of the early (pre-facelift) cars didn't have a roof lining fitted... My '97 2.8 didn't have one, and couldn't have one fitted as a retro option. This may have been purely a South Africa / warm climate option though.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

None of the pre-facelift cars had a roof lining. It can be retrofitted, but it is a fiddly job, to the point where it is easier to swap the roof!

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Antm72

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Antm72 »

ARoosterinaRoadster wrote:
Antm72 wrote:The cars a 2.8 it has 87k on it with service book stamped every 10k .i looked at lots of 1.9's but having owned a 2.8 before the 1.9's where ok but i don't think i would ever have been truely happy as my heart was set on a nice 2.8.
There are a few cheap ones around at the moment if you want a project im sure you'll find a suitable car without much issue.Hi Antm72. I went to have a look at a Silver 2.8 Auto the other evening. I walked away. The car was ready for a new hood albeit the electric mechanism work fine but the lining was missing (I suspected that it was a salvaged one).
The "A" pillar at the top on the NS was quite heavily rusted and with signs of Kurust or similar. The top panel over the cubby lockable boxes was badly blistered and ready for peeling.
The seat-belt warning light was illuminated on the dash and along with some simpletons explanation as to BMW will fix it at no cost because it is/was a known fault,yes - even on a car that was 16+yrs old !!!!!!!!!! and had been in the hands of 7 previous owners and not including the seller that had only had it for two weeks and still with tax on it ???
It smelled of a PASS the PARCEL car.
It was re-advertised because a buyer that had not seen it - did not make payment. The car eventually fetched £2450 with 29 bids and the winning bidder along with all other 28 had not seen the car.
I was the only one that came to view and take it out.
Hey Ho. I will keep looking.
I looked at loads too became a little disheartening, its beyond me why people aren't just honest! Like you don't have eyes and won't see!
I just set a price in my head and said the car will be there at the right money the right condition with good mileage and it appeared. Its being ready to buy and going at the drop of a hat, all the good ones seem to sell very quickly. I saved a search on ebay with email alert of newley listed and was on mine within 20 mins of listing.
I paid about the same money for this that that ended for so there are cars out there its the finding!
Good look with the search and hope it all goes well.