MUDFLAPS ?

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

MUDFLAPS ?

Post by Southernboy »

"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
bentley-boy

blank

Re: MUDFLAPS ?

Post by bentley-boy »

They appear absolutely identical to the ones Halfords stores sell having bought a pair myself. They fit perfectly to the front of Z3's having trimmed away the lower section to the 'step' in the moulding. I warmed them with a hairdryer first to make them soft and pliable enabling them to be positioned firmly against the side of the wing and sill. Very pleased with the result. £10 the pair. Recommended.
Regards BB
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

MUDFLAPS!! It's not a Landrover! :shock: :head:
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''
bentley-boy

blank

Post by bentley-boy »

The term 'mudflaps' is a bit of a misnomer in this instance. Certainly from my point of view I fitted them to protect the paintwork on the sills and front of the rear wings from chipping by flying grit. They are very discreet and tasteful and certainly not the big flapping bright blue world rally type seen on Suburu's and the like!

BB
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

I'd have some on mine if it wasn't so low to begin with... I think the speed bumps near me would have them off every other week !
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I fitted the fronts to mine as most Z3s I looked at when buying had a fair bit of floorpan damage and the inevitable rust from stone chipping.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Which ones are they, Tim?
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

BladeRunner919 wrote:Which ones are they, Tim?
The ones on mine are the BMW flaps. :)

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

see this thread:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =5&t=40941

Halford ones are great on the front.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
billibob

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by billibob »

Halfords are the way to go. Fitted a pair on the front today after paint repair to front edge of sill. They look great. :lol:
wonderloaf

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by wonderloaf »

Just noticed that I'm getting a bit of stonechip damage on the sills so thinking about putting mudflaps on my zed, thing is I don't like the idea of drilling holes in the wing. Seem to remember in the old days you could get mudflap clamps like these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-Mudflap ... 4ae6fe849a

Do you think they would work with the Halfrauds versions?
2001 Titan Silver 2.2 Sport
bentley-boy

blank

Post by bentley-boy »

No drilling of the body required, they attach by expanding plastic plugs that attach to the inner wing liner. All that is required to be drilled is the inner wing plastic liner that the flaps are secured to - not the end of the world and easy enough to change if desired later. Warm the flaps up with a hairdryer to soften the flaps and then push them firmly against the wing/sill prior to drilling the plastic inner wing liner that secures them. That way they sit snugly against the bodywork with no gaps. I was a bit suspicious of after market flaps from Halfords but take your time fitting them and they really do look stylish and have a very OEM look about them. Have you been tempted Southernboy? the ones you posted have got to be the same as they are too identical to be coincidence!

Regards to all, BB
wonderloaf

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by wonderloaf »

Just bought the last pair from my local Halfrauds, probably try and fit them tomorrow!
2001 Titan Silver 2.2 Sport
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

....... NOPE...No mudflaps on my car... fortunately we don't have as much mud over here as you guys, and with global warming it'll likely be a complete myth in a few years time... :lol:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions