Gaydon 2015?

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
Jet

blank

Gaydon 2015?

Post by Jet »

Gents,

You coming to Gaydon? I need to reserve enough spaces, so let me know asap please.

Cheers

JB
TJS

Z1 roadster

Re: Gaydon 2015?

Post by TJS »

J

Sorry, Woburn with a Moth. Have fun

TJS
sfh3l

Z1 roadster

Post by sfh3l »

I shall be there Jamal, but the plan is I shall be there in the CSL.

See you on the Saturday - are you doing the tour?
Best regards,

Sam Lever.

Anyone who says money isn't everything hasn't found the right classic car yet.
Z1 - 3.0csl - 987 Boxster - Austin 7 Special - Rolls 20 - '72 911 - '95 318is
Black Sport Evo M3 & SG M3 CSL - now someone else's pleasure
Blue 2800cs - now someone else's pain
Old cars - the original "Not for Profit" organisation
Independent Financial Adviser in Buckingham
My Financial Blog
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Hi Sam, yes that's the plan, hopefully I am not needed at the hotel or Gaydon for setting up.

Looking forward to it.
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Post by Green Genie »

Count us in Jet, been a while since we were at Gaydon.
ChrisS

Z1 roadster

Post by ChrisS »

Sorry to miss you all at Gaydon this year. I'll be walking in Wales over that weekend. Travelling in the Z1 of course.
Joycey

M roadster S52

Post by Joycey »

I'll be there. On the stand with Total M cars look out for a silver M :)

Lee
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Post by Pat Slade »

We will be there. Also intending to do the Cotswold Tour on the Saturday before going to Wroxall Abbey for Saturday night.

Pat (& Denise)
BrianBZ1

Z1 roadster

Post by BrianBZ1 »

Hi Jamal,
I will be coming with my brother in the z1.
See you there.
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

Pat Slade wrote:We will be there. Also intending to do the Cotswold Tour on the Saturday before going to Wroxall Abbey for Saturday night.

Pat (& Denise)
I hear Spokey is leading the tour? :D
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Post by Pat Slade »

Hi Felix,

Well remembered!
Have heard from Club that the proposed Cotswold Tour has been cancelled due to "circumstances beyond their control.
Perhaps somebody put a Spokey in the wheel??!!

Pat
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

I'll be there trying to get everyone parked in the right place, say hello if your passing :D
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Fender2004 wrote:I'll be there trying to get everyone parked in the right place, say hello if your passing :D
Ok Fender, good man, will do. Can we throw stuff instead?

Pleeeeeeeeeeese? :D
Pat Slade

Z1 roadster

Post by Pat Slade »

Hi All,

Sorry to see such a small number of Z1s Gaydon. But good to meet some new cars and owners I have not met before.
I found the event was rather strange, and lacked cohesion in several areas. Although billed as the largest gathering of BMWs in Europe there were many models that I expected to see that were under-represented or absent. is the event declining or is apathy spreading?
Perhaps I did not look hard enough!
A few comments if you will excuse me. Firstly little evidence of BMW UK. Aren't they interested in a captive audience? As far as 'new' cars are concerned, I read somewhere that both the 'i' cars would be there. There appeared to be only one i8 which was in the 'ring' and I never saw a single i3 on the site. There was a car under a dust sheet on the first floor of the museum. Was it the new, much advertised, 3 Series? I never saw the dust sheet removed. Totally pointless!
Plenty of immaculate cars from most eras but many models surprisingly absent (Z8?). Perhaps it is my eyesight. The concours cars were well grouped but as we left before the end haven't the faintest idea who won what. I can find no record of the results anywhere on the web. Surely many visitors or Club members, other than the competitors, would be interested in the results?
Would we go again? Probably not. Bit of a curates egg in my opinion, and certainly room for improvement. At least it didn't rain!
I await a hail of condemnation, although this forum has been quiet of late.

Pat
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

my tuppence.
I believe most zeds went to Shepshed this year, which in effect wasn't a show, just a meet, however still circa 100 zeds there.
I have heard many comments about Gaydon this year being lacklustre, poorly attended and represented.
I have attended Gaydon the last 3 years and it has become same old same old, and this why I chose Shepshed this year..... I wonder if many others felt the same way.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Pat Slade wrote:Hi All,

Sorry to see such a small number of Z1s Gaydon. But good to meet some new cars and owners I have not met before.
I found the event was rather strange, and lacked cohesion in several areas. Although billed as the largest gathering of BMWs in Europe there were many models that I expected to see that were under-represented or absent. is the event declining or is apathy spreading?
Perhaps I did not look hard enough!
A few comments if you will excuse me. Firstly little evidence of BMW UK. Aren't they interested in a captive audience? As far as 'new' cars are concerned, I read somewhere that both the 'i' cars would be there. There appeared to be only one i8 which was in the 'ring' and I never saw a single i3 on the site. There was a car under a dust sheet on the first floor of the museum. Was it the new, much advertised, 3 Series? I never saw the dust sheet removed. Totally pointless!
Plenty of immaculate cars from most eras but many models surprisingly absent (Z8?). Perhaps it is my eyesight. The concours cars were well grouped but as we left before the end haven't the faintest idea who won what. I can find no record of the results anywhere on the web. Surely many visitors or Club members, other than the competitors, would be interested in the results?
Would we go again? Probably not. Bit of a curates egg in my opinion, and certainly room for improvement. At least it didn't rain!
I await a hail of condemnation, although this forum has been quiet of late.

Pat
Hi Pat,

Some valid observations which I will forward on for consideration.

Having spoken to most of the Z1 owners in the runup to Gaydon, the low numbers were simply down to everyone having made plans they couldn't change, just one of those things. Its worth pointing out and hopefully you noticed, the layout at Gaydon has changed, they have created much more hard standing areas for us to use, some of the lake was covered over, they are also building a new museum and hotel onsite, hopefully by 2016.

There were much more traders, the food court was larger, and as such the regional and register displays and attendances were spread over a larger area, giving the impression of there being 'less'.

Did you try the drifting? That was very popular, something we have never done before, I even got to drive the M5, so no complaints from me :D
The Arena is new, Hotspots competition to win a years Insurance was a success, the Tombola sold out in 2 hours for the stunning BMW Bike, and the weather was fantastic. ..... some things didn't go to plan such as the PA system, and definite improvements to be made for 2016, but I thought all-round it was a good weekend.

Best of all, Ian Magnani won the concours, very pleased a Z1 hit top spot, well done that man. :cheers