S54 Z3 M Roadster for sale

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
finnbar

M roadster S54

S54 Z3 M Roadster for sale

Post by finnbar »

Hi All,

I'm selling my S54 engined Z3 M Roadster through Munich Legends. I bought the car from Russell Jones (who some of you may know) in 2009.

It's Estoril Blue with black leather and has done 43k miles. See the Munich Legends website for photos. I'm sure they'll post a more detailed description soon:

http://www.munichlegends.co.uk/componen ... ew,detail/

Kind regards,

Finnbar
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: S54 Z3 M Roadster for sale

Post by Gazza »

It says POA, what's the price ?

Topic has been moved to The Stock Exchange.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

I've known this car for many years. Russ looked after it really well and it was a fabulous example when he 'went over to the dark side' (Merc SLK....) :D and if it's been maintained since then, it'll be a great opportunity for someone to grab that elusive collector's piece.

Very interested to see the price.... :?:

GLWTS

Cheers.
A.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

What is the point of POA?
as soon as someone phones and finds out, if they post it on the web, it is there for all to see.

or does it imply that priced items are only for the plebs, and POA are for the more discerning?
"Only those with a genuine interest will phone", well if it is priced correctly, then the genuine interest may be wider.
Or they are protecting embarrassing the buyer by revealing how much they actually suckered them into paying for it.

Anyway, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.
:D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
finnbar

M roadster S54

Post by finnbar »

It won't be POA for long. Just while they do pre-sales inspection and decide if it needs any work.
finnbar

M roadster S54

Post by finnbar »

@Alfie I think we met at Silverstone Classic a couple of years ago so you've seen the car fairly recently ;-)
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Very nice looking car and very rare - that dealer looks the right sort of place to sell a BMW classic. I'm not surprised the price of Z3Ms is generally rising as it is happening across the classic car market generally - something like a Lotus Cortina is now amazingly high :shock:
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

finnbar wrote:@Alfie I think we met at Silverstone Classic a couple of years ago so you've seen the car fairly recently ;-)
Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot that. :dunce:

If I remember right, the car was still very much in top condition at Silverstone.... 8-)
And still is judging by the current photos at ML.

A.
Y_Cymro

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by Y_Cymro »

In my experience POA is used when the car is overpriced
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

suggestion to the owner - get them to remove the Transport Protection Package in the description. I believe that is just plastic over the panels and stuff like that from when it was new. It kinda shows that they don't know anything about Zeds. Just sayin' :)
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Munich Legends know lots about Zeds.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

Phil wrote:Munich Legends know lots about Zeds.
Thought so, I was just teasing! :) I am just analy retentive on details like that.
finnbar

M roadster S54

Post by finnbar »

I've just had a chat with Dan at Munich Legends, and having completed their pre-sales inspection they've now priced the car at £25,995.

That price and a full (and accurate!) description should go up on their website early next week.
finnbar

M roadster S54

Post by finnbar »

Complete advert now on the Munich Legends website:
http://www.munichlegends.co.uk/item/bmw ... adster-s54
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

it looks a fine example too

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Looks very nice and I'm sure that it will sell, but Munich Legends (or should that be Muich Legends) have done themselves no favours with this advert.

I'd be kicking off if I were you about their lack of attention to detail in the description...

I'll bet that it doesn't have any of the following...

CD changer - why was this on the build sheet in the first place?
BMW Business RDS Radio.
Battery Master Switch.
Transportation Protection.

They can't even get their own e-mail address correct.

If I were a potential buyer I'd be tempted by the Z1s in the background. You want your car to be the only thing that a potential punter is interested in.
Pingu
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Mmmmm, seems a bit misleading to state there where only 73 S54's........there where on 73 right hand drive S54's..... And it states it has all the options which it does not eg it's not got side airbags. It does have a strong strut brace though.

Personally I'd rather have a rarer Imola one with some upgrades to improve the experience :lol:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
chill4x4saph

M roadster S54

Post by chill4x4saph »

add seems ok to me!

perhaps if one was to be pedantic the 73 thing is not the whole truth, but I would suppose the fact its a uk based dealers and they are talking about uk RHD cars so its no biggie imo

best colour, (it was the most popular choice for a reason!) full black leather rather than the (can be a bit garish) two tone, and a hardtop fitted from the factory.

If I had one criticism it would be the timing, as parkside also have a very similarly equipped/specced/mileage one available too which doesn't do anything to help highlight its rarity!

but still a very rare car, with low miles and a great spec!...., proof of the pudding will be in the eating!...., or rather selling!!!
finnbar

M roadster S54

Post by finnbar »

Thanks for the all the feedback guys.

Actually the car does have BMW Business RDS & CD Changer. Both are in the boot and are to be reinstalled by Munich Legends as part of the sale price if the buyer so desires. I thought it was best to give the buyer the option, as the CD changer takes a lot of precious boot space.

@chill4x4saph: You're right, the timing is unfortunate what with Parkside selling an almost identical car (amazing as I've never seen another S54 in the same colour combination for sale). I wish I'd decided to sell earlier this year, but wasn't quite ready to let go of the car.
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Suspension doesn't look stock, but it's looks better for it.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

chill4x4saph wrote:add seems ok to me!

perhaps if one was to be pedantic the 73 thing is not the whole truth, but I would suppose the fact its a uk based dealers and they are talking about uk RHD cars so its no biggie imo

best colour, (it was the most popular choice for a reason!) full black leather rather than the (can be a bit garish) two tone, and a hardtop fitted from the factory.

If I had one criticism it would be the timing, as parkside also have a very similarly equipped/specced/mileage one available too which doesn't do anything to help highlight its rarity!

but still a very rare car, with low miles and a great spec!...., proof of the pudding will be in the eating!...., or rather selling!!!
Don't get me wrong it is a very nice car :wink:
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I'm somewhat bemused by the "but" word used in the comments by some respondents here..... "It looks very nice, and I'm sure it will sell, BUT....."
I have always considered the word "but" to mean - disregard what I have just said, and now listen.... Surprising how we are all "experts" even though not directly in the vehicle marketing and sales industry. Perhaps the motivation to the seller is :- "don't be disappointed if your asking price isn't achieved".
How many of us have an "asking price" and a "selling price" that are somewhat different ? I am absolutely sure it will sell, perhaps not at the "asking" price.

Personally I would love that it sells at the asking price, simply because it will have positive fallout on all Z3's which are in good condition etc etc. By example, the 70's Mercedes SL range which had the 500 / 450 / 300 and 280 SLC models, of which the humble 280 / 6cyl is the most sought after currently, and which fetches 4 times and more the price of it's more powerful siblings.
I would hazard the small Z3 6's and the 4's have a greater chance of becoming "desirable" than the 3.0 and 2,8 versions. They will be sought more by virtue of economy and their "nippy" drive which attract women and sensible male drivers who enjoy open top driving without the need for speed syndrome. TBH, the Z3 isn't very quick compared to the current smaller engine turbo assisted offerings, so a larger capacity motor is only relative within the Z3 family and since open top motoring is the prime motivation for owning these cars, one may as well settle into a comfortable cruise and enjoy the journey even if you arrive at the destination 5 or 10 minutes after the more powerful motors.... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Southernboy wrote:I'm somewhat bemused by the "but" word used in the comments by some respondents here..... "It looks very nice, and I'm sure it will sell, BUT....."
The comments were more about Muich Legends and their reputation (which is good) than about the car (which I think looks excellent).

Muich Legends are very similar (IMO) to Hexagon in Finchley, but if you are lucky enough to be able to ride their wave, good luck to you :D . I'm sure that I would be doing the same if I were SELLING.

Lots of subtle stuff there. I hope you got the gist. I don't want to commit libel :wink: .
Pingu
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I have no issue with the car or price, I'm actually surprised it's not priced a little higher by them BUT the advert I think could have been worded better :wink: high end dealer I have high expectations for them to get everything right, especially the advert :rtm:
finnbar

M roadster S54

Post by finnbar »

@c_w you really do know your Z3Ms! You're right, the suspension is non-stock. It's got the ACS Sport suspension, bought from Rossiters. I've been very impressed with the way the car rides and handles, especially since fitting the Strong Strut brace. I mentioned this to ML when they did the pre-sales inspection so I am surprised it's not mentioned in the ad. I'll give them another call today.

Thanks for all the comments.

As I'm sure you'll all appreciate, it's quite difficult to put a price on S54 Z3MRs as they are so rare so only come up for sale occasionally. My car is priced £1,500 below this almost identical car, so I don't think the price is ridiculous:
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... 54/4368571
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Good luck with the sale, it's a lovely car

The 'BEAST' 666
finnbar

M roadster S54

Post by finnbar »

For everyone wondering about the current values of S54 Z3MRs, I'm pleased to report that mine sold for the asking price of £25,995. ML delivered it to the happy new owner this week. I hope he enjoys owning it as much as I did :-)
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Thanks for taking the trouble to update the thread. That's great to know
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Congrats on the sale.
Hopefully the new owner will come and celebrate on here!
A.
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Thanks for the update. Great bit of news.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
chill4x4saph

M roadster S54

Post by chill4x4saph »

excellent!!!, and thanks for the update.
eahornel1

M roadster S50

Post by eahornel1 »

You would think they would have put sold on it by now wouldn't you. :?:
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Dealers often leave cars up for sale that have sold to generate enquiries, helps the cynics state cars are overpriced and don't sell :lol:
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

I was passing ML last Friday (not in RED) so I popped in just in case the car was still there, but it had been collected already.
I got chatting to the sales lady who said that collectors are now becoming aware of the extreme rarity of the ///M Roadster and that they get genuine enquiries almost every week from people searching for one. Obviously ML are really keen to get hold of some more examples...

A.
chill4x4saph

M roadster S54

Post by chill4x4saph »

Alfie wrote:I was passing ML last Friday (not in RED) so I popped in just in case the car was still there, but it had been collected already.
I got chatting to the sales lady who said that collectors are now becoming aware of the extreme rarity of the ///M Roadster and that they get genuine enquiries almost every week from people searching for one. Obviously ML are really keen to get hold of some more examples...

A.
good to hear people are starting to realise just how special they are!!
Renaud

M roadster S54

Post by Renaud »

Hello All,

I know its not a roadster, but there is an S54 Coupe for sale at £44,995 at the moment:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... le/4735480

There is also a related thread on the same subject on Pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/ph- ... tted/32964

Rgds

R