Wanted: Drivers door mirror (Now sorted)

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Wanted: Drivers door mirror (Now sorted)

Post by OldskoolRS »

Standard Z3 electric driver's door mirror needed. Mine has broken at the base ironically when I folded it back to protect it while parked. :head: I have the whole mirror so I believe I should be able to swap over my Topaz Blue 'cover' so the colour of any offered mirror shouldn't matter.

Failing that, has anyone had any experience of this item:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-E36-Ou ... 33a9a73341
Last edited by OldskoolRS on Mon 12 Oct, 2015 18:50, edited 2 times in total.
sviru

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Wanted: Drivers door mirror

Post by sviru »

I have black, working, right mirror :) please pm me.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

sviru wrote:I have black, working, right mirror :) please pm me.
If your car is left hand drive, the mirror won't angle correctly towards the drive on a rhd car (it'll be set up for the person in the left seat). The bases can be swapped to change the angle, but depends on what is broken on Oldskool's mirror.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Yalden is just now advertising his mirrors for sale... Maybe you can get what you want there?? It's on the list of post today...F/S mirrors / illuminated gear knob etc...
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

Thanks for the responses, the LHD one might be OK, but I'd rather not have the hassle of swapping bits over as it may break as my current one has during the process. The one for sale by Yalden is broken and for spares only (driver's side), so not any good for me.

I think I'll order the kit from eBay and try it out, since it looks cheaper than a used one anyway.
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Wanted: Drivers door mirror (Now sorted)

Post by alec.m »

Not cheaper than a used one now, they`re listed at £1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Wanted: Drivers door mirror (Now sorted)

Post by Robert T »

The problem with the original Z3 mirrors is that the alloy core becomes brittle with age. It worries me that any used mirrors that you buy will be of a similar age to the broken ones, and although intact when fitted, will break just as easily as the originals. I would even be suspicious as to how long a "new" part has been sitting on the shelf - whilst it might not have been exposed to the elements, it could well have been manufactured many years ago. I keep meaning to get some of the alternative bases from the guy in Germany, as my mirror bases are in terrible condition (compared to the rest of the car!) and I do worry about breaking with even a gentle knock from a passer by in a car park.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc