New owner - Z3 2.8

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

New owner - Z3 2.8

Post by nickp »

Hi all,

I've just bought my first Z3 this week. It's meant as a sunny day fun car for the Mrs to use for occasional work days, and me for track days / European trips. It's not perfect but does seem pretty decent and I don't think I paid silly money for it considering it's only supposed to have done 64k miles. It's had the rear crossmember / diff mount reinforced / welded and all the rubber bushes replaced with poly bushes front and rear.

I took it straight on a track day at Blyton park and tbh it handled pretty well in a soft and wallowy kind of way and went very well in a straight line and will be even better when I get the M50 manifold fitted that I have in the garage :wink: I'm gonna get some coilovers and a strut brace which should stiffen it up on track quite nicely. I'm a bit concerned how unstable it is on bumpy roads though and I'm getting a lot of kick back through the steering on rough roads :shock: Will see what it's like once the suspension is done, hopefully not worse!!

The front tyres are old and cracked and the original alloys are hardly inspiring are they? I was going to get some 17's but then a mates Dad offered me a very cheap and nearly new 18" Bridgestones off his Z4. So 18's it is and I've managed to pick up a bargain set of these just now with a 8"/9" stagger-

I'll get these few jobs done over this winter and it should be ready to hit the road / track in the spring 8-)
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: New owner - Z3 2.8

Post by nickp »

Welcoming bunch aren't you? :wink:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Hi Nick...... welcome to the "Zoo".... Sounds like you're going to put your car to some good use ! 18" wheels are the ideal size for the Z3's... that and slightly lowered suspension to fill up the wheel arches. Look forward to hearing about your on track exploits... there's a few members here that are involved in track days, so you should find some decent company... :wave
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Hi nickp

Reckon they must all be asleep because they're normally very welcoming to new members here....anyway welcome :). I've had my 2.8 for three last two and half years as tinkering top, down fun car. It's been all of that plus a great little touring car, Le Man's & Spa plus Nurnberg 2016.
I've had similar niggles with mine (steering wheel tends to dance though your hands on rough road,not tram lining tho, which can be annoying) and as such have new rubber, tracked and balanced obviously, purple poly bushes, drop links, track rod ends and control arms all changed etc. Apart from the shocks (next year) and steering rack(?) that's about it. However, my BMW/Sytner trained indi. has probably hit the nail on the head by telling me that I'm comparing old technology with a much newer cat..my 330, there is no comparison! But, which is the most fun to drive? The Zed any day! :D.

There is a lot of good knowledge on this forum, so enjoy and have fun..KF
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

Southernboy wrote:Hi Nick...... welcome to the "Zoo".... Sounds like you're going to put your car to some good use ! 18" wheels are the ideal size for the Z3's... that and slightly lowered suspension to fill up the wheel arches. Look forward to hearing about your on track exploits... there's a few members here that are involved in track days, so you should find some decent company... :wave
Ta fella. I'm a fairly seasoned track-dayer having ran various cars and wasn't really expecting to enjoy a bog stock Z3, but it was a hoot :lol: Yes it was soft and wallowy but it was very predictable/controllable right to the limit and beyond. Should be good once stiffened up and I'll probably stay on the 16's on track so it can be slid about a bit :)

Here's a couple of pics to show the levels of roll-

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

The coilovers should sort the wallowing out... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Hi & welcome
Whilst I'm slightly sad to see the old girl racing around the track with fibreglass bath tubs :D if she's still got the original Boge/sachs shocks, experience tells me they will be very soft and worn even at 64k miles. I'm sure that switching to something like Bilstein B6s would make a massive change whilst still keeping the car roadworthy and reasonably comfortable. :)
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

nickp wrote: I'm getting a lot of kick back through the steering on rough roads :shock: Will see what it's like once the suspension is done, hopefully not worse!!

Hi Nick, Welcome to the site

The feed back is probably a result of the poly bushes, Stiffening a rubber 'cushion' is going to transmit more of the shocks back than the the original bushes were designed to limit.

I have poly'd mine and noticed the same difference.
Also on ruts, the poly bushes can make any tram lining feel worse as the change in direction becomes more immediate. However, the wheels don't have chance to move from side to side under braking as much with them fitted.
That is the difference I have found since fitting mine.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

Thanks for all the welcomes and inputs guys n gals :)
MpowerRob

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by MpowerRob »

Hi nick good choice of wheels bbs lm are one of my favourite even if they are reps, there what I'm looking to put on my z can't wait to see how yours look once fitted.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Hi Nick

Welcome to ZR. You must be fairly local if you know about/went to Blyton Park? I'm in Howden, East Yorks, so it's a nice run from here to there.

I'd recommend you change the bushes in the back of the TCA's for E36 M3 Solid rubbers and you'll see an improvement in stability/less tramlining. A strut brace will also help things, as will a butt strut.

Brakes will need attention at some point. I have the AP Racing 4 pots on the front and the car will now outbrake almost anything.

I'd suggest you check if your mates Z4 tyres are Run Flat (OE spec) or normal as the Z3 is very sensitive to the tyre carcass stiffness, it seems to like softer tyre walls IMO.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

stu wrote:Hi Nick

Welcome to ZR. You must be fairly local if you know about/went to Blyton Park? I'm in Howden, East Yorks, so it's a nice run from here to there.

I'd recommend you change the bushes in the back of the TCA's for E36 M3 Solid rubbers and you'll see an improvement in stability/less tramlining. A strut brace will also help things, as will a butt strut.

Brakes will need attention at some point. I have the AP Racing 4 pots on the front and the car will now outbrake almost anything.

I'd suggest you check if your mates Z4 tyres are Run Flat (OE spec) or normal as the Z3 is very sensitive to the tyre carcass stiffness, it seems to like softer tyre walls IMO.
Hi Stu,
Yes I'm in Barnsley so about 40mins away.
The car's fully Powerflex'd up in the bush department but I'll check the TCA's next time I'm under it :thumb:
The brakes held up surprisingly well with whatever pads are in there, but I did keep the stints fairly short TBH. I'll probably just go to Yellowstuff next. I've used them before and they're OK, not brilliant but OK.
The tyre are run flats unfortunately, but beggars can't be choosers. I got a nearly new full set for less than the price of one new rear :wink: I've just ordered an Eibach Pro kit spring set and 4 Bilstein B4 shocks to with them. I'll probably fit H&R ARBs later.
Cheers
Nic
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Hi Nick, welcome to .net. The 2.8 is a lovely car, and I took Z3lda to my first ever track day at Snetterton (full circuit) back in March. She was in completely standard trim, but it was great to explore the limits of cornering and to speed along without worrying about the boys in Blue and cars coming the other way!!! I only managed about 20 or so laps before the brakes started to smell badly, so I called it a day then, but had thoroughly enjoyed myself. As it was my first track day Brian H kindly looked after me from the start, and before I left for home he took me around for a few laps in his 3.0l with modded suspension and sticky tyres. Quite a revelation, much flatter cornering with no lurching about, superb! I have since fitted front and rear strut braces and expecting delivery tomorrow of a body brace kit from strong strut in the U.S.A. I will then gradually start mildly modding the suspension more (so my wife doesn't notice the bills!). I love driving Z3lda spiritedly on the lovely swoopy roads around Norfolk, and may well take her on the next Snetterton track day.

It was the brake fluid that smelt after the track laps, it had to go in directly after for an MOT, so I asked them to look at the brakes, and the Z3 owning service manager said the brake fluid was like treacle. :shock: He recommended DOT5 fluid for circuit driving.

All the best,

Bonzo.

ps if those are ///M badges on the car, do the decent thing and take them off! :oops:
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

If you like the M badges, leave them on , do what you want with your car,
and the other benefit is that It really winds up the M brigade....... :D

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Boosh »

My 1.9 is so powerful (sarcasm, of course), that I put on it a different kind of badge:

Image[/URL

In Nicholas Cage's voice, one can say it 'kicks ass!' Sorry, I'll see myself out...
On a serious note, though, I can understand that some owners like the look of some //M items (gills, mirrors, spoilers...) better than the 'stock' design, and personalise their cars accordingly, but I personally don't see why you would stick an //M badge and claim something is what it isn't. This comment doesn't necessarily apply to Original Poster who visibly indulges in 'speccing up' his car for more spirited driving. After all, each to their own, and saying I don't share somebody's opinion doesn't mean I can't respect it.
Boosh.
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

Bonzo wrote: ps if those are ///M badges on the car, do the decent thing and take them off! :oops:
Ta, but I'll leave them on for now so the people I pass on track don't feel so bad :wink:
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

Boosh wrote: On a serious note, though, I can understand that some owners like the look of some //M items (gills, mirrors, spoilers...) better than the 'stock' design, and personalise their cars accordingly, but I personally don't see why you would stick an //M badge and claim something is what it isn't. This comment doesn't necessarily apply to Original Poster who visibly indulges in 'speccing up' his car for more spirited driving. After all, each to their own, and saying I don't share somebody's opinion doesn't mean I can't respect it.
Boosh.
I presume you realise this is how I bought the car? M badged n'all. Done nowt, except a trackday of course :lol:
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

gookah wrote:If you like the M badges, leave them on , do what you want with your car,
Cheers, I'd only take them off for lightness (see Colin Chapman :thumb: ) Not particularly fussed how it looks, but how it goes....... :wink:
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Boosh »

My car had one these on when I bought it:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 05&alt=web 

First thing I did was to take it down. Then again, a colleague of mine asked me to put it on his Ford...
Horses for courses, they say.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

gookah wrote:If you like the M badges, leave them on , do what you want with your car,
Yeah, do what you like I suppose. I have M sport seats and steering wheel, fine, but why pretend you have a Z3M when it's patently obvious you haven't. :nono Can't get my head around that, although you're not winding me up. You won't fool anybody that knows about Z3's :shrug
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you think it might be OK to transfer the M badges onto the M52B28 powered Haynes Roadster that I'm building, once it's finished?
It is been built and developed by my very own in house 'Motorsport Division' (me :wink: ), and at 400+BHP/TON it should easily outperform any road going M car ever built :shock: :)
I'll leave the badges where they are for now so I know where to find them :thumb:

BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Did you build that chassis yourself?
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

BladeRunner919 wrote:Did you build that chassis yourself?
No, I acquired it already built to book spec but have modified it pretty extensively myself to take the M52 :thumb:
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

nickp wrote:
No, I acquired it already built to book spec but have modified it pretty extensively myself to take the M52 :thumb:
It looks like a fun project - do you have a progress thread anywhere?
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

BladeRunner919 wrote:
nickp wrote:
It looks like a fun project - do you have a progress thread anywhere?
Here you go fella, thanks for the interest :)

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthr ... 679&page=1
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

[quote="nickp"]:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you think it might be OK to transfer the M badges onto the M52B28 powered Haynes Roadster that I'm building, once it's finished?
It is been built and developed by my very own in house 'Motorsport Division' (me :wink: ), and at 400+BHP/TON it should easily outperform any road going M car ever built :shock: :)
I'll leave the badges where they are for now so I know where to find them :thumb:

Absent minded as well then, ok, do that if it makes you feel good.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

nickp wrote:
Cheers, I'd only take them off for lightness
IIiM-poster....

you're getting the reaction.... :roflmao:

Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

gookah wrote:
nickp wrote:
Cheers, I'd only take them off for lightness
IIiM-poster....

you're getting the reaction.... :roflmao:
Imposter, :dunce: Well, if the cap fits!
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

I think I'll do my Z business over on .org from now on, there seems to be less tools of the non-mechanical variety over there :thumb:

Thanks to those decent folk that did welcome me and showed an interest in my vehicles however big or little the differences may be.

:wave

PS. Admins, please feel free to delete this thread in case it puts off other new owners/members, and my account too.
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Boosh »

That would be a shame. I've personally been a member here for almost a year and found this site and its members to be a wealth of knowledge and very good support (even sometimes for things non Zed-related). Its search engine that doesn't require to be a member reflects a desire to help all fellow owners, and a tongue-in-cheek attitude sometimes, all contribute to make this forum a valuable help to owning a very versatile 'mistress'. I think praise should be made of those willing to share their knowledge and experience (as often or scarcely as that may be) so that we all enjoy our cars as much as one another, even though possibly for different reasons.
There is a 'sticky' thread somewhere reminding/requesting members to not boast or compare different models on subjective grounds, and I must admit that I personally haven't come across that kind of comments, unless it was both intended and perceived as humorous.
Then again, you cannot be forced to be part of a community in which you feel you don't belong. I once was told that it's not having a sense of humour that counts, but sharing it...

Boosh.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

nickp wrote:I think I'll do my Z business over on .org from now on, there seems to be less tools of the non-mechanical variety over there :thumb:

Thanks to those decent folk that did welcome me and showed an interest in my vehicles however big or little the differences may be.

PS. Admins, please feel free to delete this thread in case it puts off other new owners/members, and my account too.
Wow - I haven't seen anything other than some good-natured banter. If you feel you've been mistreated or made unwelcome, then maybe internet forums aren't the place for you.
boustrophedon

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by boustrophedon »

nickp wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice!
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

Thanks for the input guys.
I may have mis-read the nature of some posts, only time will tell I guess, but I'd like to think I've been around internet forums for long enough to know what's friendly banter and what is starting to go beyond that.
I'll stick around for now and hopefully with my 30+ years of car building/racing/track-daying experience I may be able to help others on the forum, whilst getting some Z3 specific info from you guys when required :thumb:
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

boustrophedon wrote:
nickp wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice!
Cheers fella, it should be quite a thing when it's done. Can't wait to start it up and have a drive!! Just need to be patient and crack on with the build but I'm now been distracted by the Z3!! :head: :lol:
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Nick,
it would be a shame to lose you but I can't say it is a surprise, the same has happened recently on Z4-forum with members leaving because they have an M badge, or want to put one on!
I notice that not one person on .org has mentioned it after having the same photo's. fair play to them
Others don't like it or make a point of shaming people into taking them off, maybe they should direct their comments too at BMW who adorn M badges on nearly all of their cars regardless of engine.
I have owned a Z4M and I know that people with 318's put M badges on, so effing what! it's their property.
Some people would have you hung for it.. If I also wanted to put an M badge on my 2.8 car I will, and everyone who thinks I shouldn't should just piss right off. :D :roflmao: :roflmao:

nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

gookah wrote:Nick,
it would be a shame to lose you but I can't say it is a surprise, the same has happened recently on Z4-forum with members leaving because they have an M badge, or want to put one on!
I notice that not one person on .org has mentioned it after having the same photo's. fair play to them
Others don't like it or make a point of shaming people into taking them off, maybe they should direct their comments too at BMW who adorn M badges on nearly all of their cars regardless of engine.
I have owned a Z4M and I know that people with 318's put M badges on, so effing what! it's their property.
Some people would have you hung for it.. If I also wanted to put an M badge on my 2.8 car I will, and everyone who thinks I shouldn't should just piss right off. :D :roflmao: :roflmao:
Well said that man :cheers

TBH they came on the car and the front ones fasteners are rusty and there's a fair chance I'd crack the grill getting them off, if I could even be arsed. Fair enough if I'd rocked up in a wobbly old Z3 needing suspension work (as it does!!) and proudly announced that I'd spent £3 getting shiny new M badges off ebay. Then I would look a nob and leave myself open for abuse.

Seems a shame that my first post has gone this way :roll:
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Tell me more about that lightweight you're slapping the M52 into.

What running gear's it going to use? Brakes, steering, diff, suspension?

I've always fancied a self built kit car, but always thinking the westfield/caterham variety, with a decent sized not overly tuned n/a mill in it (big fan of red tops).

OP, if you're from Barnsley, we're not a million miles away and there's quite a few drives get organised Oop North when the weather's better.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

stu wrote:Tell me more about that lightweight you're slapping the M52 into.

What running gear's it going to use? Brakes, steering, diff, suspension?

I've always fancied a self built kit car, but always thinking the westfield/caterham variety, with a decent sized not overly tuned n/a mill in it (big fan of red tops).

OP, if you're from Barnsley, we're not a million miles away and there's quite a few drives get organised Oop North when the weather's better.
It's a 'Haynes Roadster' with the chassis built from their 'Build Your Own Sports Car on a Budget'. Originally built around Ford Sierra running gear but it's now evolved onto MX5 running gear due to the abundance of rusty donors.
Mine's built around the Sierra donor (diff, hubs, brakes, steering etc etc) but instead of the wheezy old Pinto it's getting a M52B28 c/w M50 manifold and remap :)
It should be in the region of 600kg and be putting out about 230bhp, which should make it fairly lively :thumb:
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rafolian »

WTF??????????????
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

Rafolian wrote:WTF??????????????
Which bit?
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

gookah wrote:Nick,
The more I read your posts, the more I need to have a beer with you :cheers
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

.. If I also wanted to put an M badge on my 2.8 car I will, and everyone who thinks I shouldn't should just piss right off. :D :roflmao: :roflmao:
'///M badge police' where does all this b****cks come from?......your car and sod all to do with anyone else! :head:
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

nickp wrote:I think I'll do my Z business over on .org from now on, there seems to be less tools of the non-mechanical variety over there :thumb:

Nick, if you look back at my first post to this thread you will see that I did indeed welcome you to.net. Also I vehemently believe in the right of free expression in any form provided it does not offend, and that includes your right to have //M badges on your 2.8 Z3. But to me it is akin to going out with a couple of pairs of socks pushed down the front of your underpants! :shock: Just because we feel differently about this could be a generational thing. All I do know was my old dad telling me that, "Honesty is the best policy son, and never try to make out you are something that you're not." Well I suppose that was about 50+ years ago so you probably consider me a B.O.F., or something worse, but it's something I have lived by ever since. My posts were an adult attempt to put my point across, inviting a lively adult response. NO malice was intended (and I didn't tell anyone to " piss off." even with a smiley after it !)

Nick I think your sports car project is fantastic, I wish I was young enough and skilled enough (with an understanding wife) to attempt something like that, and I wish you the best of luck with it....... Perhaps you could put an //N badge on it! :D

Oh, by the way Nick, I was banned from .org for exercising an adult and barbed sense of humour and content. :shock:

Cheers, :cheers

Bonzo.
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

Bonzo wrote:

Nick, if you look back at my first post to this thread you will see that I did indeed welcome you to.net. Also I vehemently believe in the right of free expression in any form provided it does not offend, and that includes your right to have //M badges on your 2.8 Z3. But to me it is akin to going out with a couple of pairs of socks pushed down the front of your underpants! :shock: Just because we feel differently about this could be a generational thing. All I do know was my old dad telling me that, "Honesty is the best policy son, and never try to make out you are something that you're not." Well I suppose that was about 50+ years ago so you probably consider me a B.O.F., or something worse, but it's something I have lived by ever since. My posts were an adult attempt to put my point across, inviting a lively adult response. NO malice was intended (and I didn't tell anyone to " piss off." even with a smiley after it !)

Nick I think your sports car project is fantastic, I wish I was young enough and skilled enough (with an understanding wife) to attempt something like that, and I wish you the best of luck with it....... Perhaps you could put an //N badge on it! :D

Oh, by the way Nick, I was banned from .org for exercising an adult and barbed sense of humour and content. :shock:

Cheers, :cheers

Bonzo.
Yes you did initially welcome me and thank you for that, but then it all went a bit nit-picky. Presumably because I didn't bow down and concede what a terrible dishonest person I am for even considering driving away from the previous owners place with the M badges still attached?
The M badges were literally the least important thing when I went to buy the car and I hadn't given them a thought until this thread degenerated the way it did. I aren't one for 'polishing a turd' and intend to improve the car in all aspects of performance. Once all this is done and I'm happy with the car it will still remain irrelevant what badges it has or hasn't got on it.
So, can we leave all this M nonsense and let me concentrate on making my Z3 better and building a ballistic M52 powered sports car? I'm sure many of you will be interested to hear and possibly even try out what a Z3 engine's like in a chassis with less than half the weight :)

PS The 'N' badge isn't a bad idea but I'll need to check no-one is policing that letter first before fitting them :wink:
boustrophedon

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by boustrophedon »

The nice thing about a kit car or homebuilt is that no one knows what under the bonnet. When I used to drive mine the local boy racers treated me with the greatest of respect, because the idea that they might get blown away by a elderly pipe smoking man in tweeds was just too much. As the guys in the Evo and the Scooby found out to their cost, serves them right for pointing and laughing.

So personally I like to go for the no badges at all look, keep em guessing.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Strange concerns people have about silly things.... if you have a careful look at my pic below, you will see a 1997 2.8 fitted with M style side gills, M door and rear view mirrors, and it had an M console...and a Z4 steering wheel... and M badges which came with the side gills... You will also notice that I fitted a full M style 4 pipe exhaust system too... :D

"Normal is overrated"

nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

boustrophedon wrote:The nice thing about a kit car or homebuilt is that no one knows what under the bonnet. When I used to drive mine the local boy racers treated me with the greatest of respect, because the idea that they might get blown away by a elderly pipe smoking man in tweeds was just too much. As the guys in the Evo and the Scooby found out to their cost, serves them right for pointing and laughing.

So personally I like to go for the no badges at all look, keep em guessing.
Agreed :lol:
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

Southernboy wrote:Strange concerns people have about silly things.... if you have a careful look at my pic below, you will see a 1997 2.8 fitted with M style side gills, M door and rear view mirrors, and it had an M console...and a Z4 steering wheel... and M badges which came with the side gills... You will also notice that I fitted a full M style 4 pipe exhaust system too... :D

Nice 8-)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

...... and this is the same car at the time I bought it... :wink:

"Normal is overrated"

Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rafolian »