Aceman seat bushes- how good?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Aceman seat bushes- how good?

Post by John Wilson »

I see that Aceman has been supplying his own seat bushes since 2010. All the comments about them have been positive, but,just out of interest, I was wondering how the early ones are fairing after 5 years use.
What a valuable service he's provided over the years, and no price rises over that length of time!
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Aceman seat bushes- how good?

Post by Koolflyer »

I replaced mine with Aceman's new bushes in 2013 and they are fine :thumb:
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

John Wilson wrote:... and no price rises over that length of time!
Stop putting ideas in his head :twisted:
Pingu
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Now there's a thought :twisted:

Honestly guys other than postage costs that have gone up in that time which I have reflected in price increase on postage, raw material costs have remained the same hence no price increases.

I manufacture these myself so the costs are kept low so there probably would have been a cost increase if I outsourced the manufacture of them. I will always endevour to keep the costs low to you all and not inflate prices above what they should be unlike many suppliers on this world unfortunatly.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
Tilly

M roadster S50

Post by Tilly »

Fitted set to my wife's car in August 2011. Still absolutely no movement. Did the same to my car latter and again no rocking. In my humble opinion they are "bloody good."
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by John Wilson »

So, if I can do some maths here, Tillys bushes from Aceman have lasted 4 and a half years. Z3s were produced since 1995. Obviously, by at least 2010 they were wearing out, otherwise there would be no need to manufacture replacements, giving them a life of less than 5 years. So given another 6 months, we could say for certain that Aceman is a better manufacturer than BMW!
Tilly

M roadster S50

Post by Tilly »

John Wilson wrote:So, if I can do some maths here, Tillys bushes from Aceman have lasted 4 and a half years. Z3s were produced since 1995. Obviously, by at least 2010 they were wearing out, otherwise there would be no need to manufacture replacements, giving them a life of less than 5 years. So given another 6 months, we could say for certain that Aceman is a better manufacturer than BMW!
1995-2010 is actually 15 years. So the logic says that in 214 years 6 months they would be better than BMW. Damn it I think there is an error in my arithmetic. Who cares they work.
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

I suspect that large batches of the original bushes were faulty. When I changed mine in 2012, it was apparent that the grease on the runners was breaking down the rubber bushes and turning then into a black, slimy mess. My understanding is that mineral-based grease can do this to certain types of cheaper rubber. There have been many reports on this forum of the state of the rarely used passenger seats being just as bad - which tends to support my suspicion. Some owners report no problem which I suspect is either down to an improved OE rubber bush or a different type of grease. :shrug