Cheaper tyres

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Cheaper tyres

Post by Alan W »

I have been researching sources for tyres and have stumbled accross these:

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/

They are based in Germany and their prices undercut all the other cheapie providers in the UK (such as black circles and the like) by about £20 a tyre. They courier the tyres to you which arrive in about 2 - 3 days. There are a lot of positive things being said about them on the internet. I have no affiliation with the company but if you know someone who provides a fitting only service you could save yourself a few quid...
1999 facelit Z3 Roadster 2.8 Auto in Cosmos Black aka 'Gloria'
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Re: Cheaper tyres

Post by bertiejaffa »

These are the company I use all the time - as long as you are able to wait a few days they are much cheaper than the other usual suspects and I have always had nothing but a brilliant service from them.
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Lewy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lewy »

I have been using these for a while with great prices although always found it a hassle to then have to arrange fitting - usually at £10 per corner.

I have a great local place called Eurofit (for those in and around Wolverhampton) who supply, fit and balance for the same price as I would pay tyreleader + £10 per corner, in fact I was there today having 4 new tyres on my Cayenne and they worked out cheaper by £2 per corner.

I know only a very limited number will be in WV but it goes to show local places are still competitive so always worth a call.

That said I do like Tyreleader and always use it as a benchmark for pricing (+ £10 p/c) when getting quotes.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
tfp

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by tfp »

Theres a problem with ordering tyres and then paying someone else to fit them.

A couple of weeks, or months, down the line if you have a problem they will both blame each other.

The tyre supplier will say "it must have been caused by the fitter"

The fitter will say " it's a faulty tyre"

You are stuck in the middle.

Get tyres fitted and supplied by the same company.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Lewy wrote:......That said I do like Tyreleader and always use it as a benchmark for pricing (+ £10 p/c) when getting quotes.
Yep usual price for fitting for me to.. there are loads of local tyre places that do it for £10 a corner - can usually get another £10 off if you are having all 4 done at once. The only problem I have ever had is that they dont have the right machine adaptors for my A5 rims, but thats the case with my wheels, not the tyres and wouldnt matter who supplied them.
tfp wrote:Theres a problem with ordering tyres and then paying someone else to fit them.

A couple of weeks, or months, down the line if you have a problem they will both blame each other.

Maybe you were just unlucky? I have never had an issue with a new tyre - that said I have had issues with Contis on the A5 and will only have PZeros on there now as 3 of the 4 Contis that used to be on it have failed massively.

For reference the 2.0l has Barums (ironically made by Continental); the M has Falkens and neither Zed has any issues with tramlining etc. The 911 came with Haida on the front and Nankang on the back. Not sure if anyone else has any experience of these but personally I am thinking of changing them as I have already gone sideways twice in the rain.
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

I'll stick with a uk company that most times is cheaper than them all .
Camskill. Been using them for over 10 years.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

tfp wrote:Theres a problem with ordering tyres and then paying someone else to fit them.

Happens to me all the time....

Oh wait a minute,...... I meant it's never happened.... and I dont know anyone who has had this problem either.
you must be unlucky

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
tfp

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by tfp »

gookah wrote:

Happens to me all the time....

Oh wait a minute,...... I meant it's never happened.... and I dont know anyone who has had this problem either.
you must be unlucky
Ok, so let me explain.

When I packed my forecourt up my stock book was at 677 cars.

I also managed a few business's for others dealing with preparing the cars etc.

So I've had more tyres fitted than most.

So yes, it's rare for new tyre to develop a fault, but it does happen.

And you stand no chance of a warranty claim if the person who fitted them did not supply the tyre.
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

I've used them a few times, but be aware their return policy is £25/tyre. If the order is correct no problems.
petecossie

M coupe S50

Post by petecossie »

stevov wrote:I'll stick with a uk company that most times is cheaper than them all .
Camskill. Been using them for over 10 years.
I agree with above, I've just looked up my front tyre size - Falken FK453 235/40 ZR/17 94Y - with Camskill (£78.40inc VAT and free delivery) and Tyreleader (£76.20 with free delivery) so only £2.20 in it. I'd be staying with Camskill who I've used for last 11 years and never had a problem. Always used a good tyre fitting outlet for fitting and balancing, never had a problem.

Appreciate what you are saying tfp but maybe having had 677 vehicles through your hands, by the law of averages you are bound to have had a few unfortunate incidents with tyre suppliers/tyre fitters were they blame each other. However I do my homework on what tyres I want buy, so I will not change my way of purchase and fitting.
Some owners do not keep an eye on the car's tyres, checking pressures regularly, giving them a quick once over now and again which maybe be a source of some tyre problems which you have seen i.e. the drivers you have sold cars to haven't looked after the tyres as they should have done.
Just my opinion.
Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black Interior.

Previous BMWs
2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black Interior.
2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black/Black Interior
1986 M635
1985 E28 M5
1983 E28 528i Alpina
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Unless it's changed very recently, Camskill charge for delivery, around £7 per pair. I've used them loads of times and they are really fast and great priced.
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

Camskill is £2.50 per tyre.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Ok so thanks to this forum thread I am likely to be 200-300 quid lighter in a moment, I have noticed that the tread on one of my rear tyres on the Porsche is low so I need to replace it. At the moment it has Nankang Ultra Sport NS-II tyres on the back which are directional.

Im currently considering replacing it with a Goodyear Eagle F1 tyre because ,as I mentioned previously, I am not convinced they are great tyres, (although the sideways action I have experienced might be due to the lack of tread). The problem I have got is that the Goodyear is Asymmetric. I'm sure there's rules about mixing and matching tyres and types of tyres etc so the question is what are the rules?? The other rear tyre is also Nankang Directional tyre which has plenty of tread left so I dont really want to shell out for 2 tyres when I only need 1
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

It is not recommended to mix tyres on the same axle and also not recommended to mix part worn with new on the same axle.
petecossie

M coupe S50

Post by petecossie »

c_w wrote:Unless it's changed very recently, Camskill charge for delivery, around £7 per pair. I've used them loads of times and they are really fast and great priced.
You are correct, its a while since I last bought from them, thought it was free delivery. Still a great deal though.
Pete C

Previous BMWs
1986 M635
1985 E28 M5
1983 E28 528i Alpina
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Ok, so I've trying Camskill but I have to say I am very unimpressed... As mentioned above I need a new tyre for my Porsche and currently it has directional tyres all round. As only one needs replacing I'm reluctant to spend 500 quid on 2 new tyres so I am after another directional one for now, ideally a better brand than the Nankang that's currently on.

Like most sites you can't search on Direction/asymmetric so I've emailed them a question what directional tyres do they have in the size I require. My first response was

"We don't have any, they were phased out years ago and replaced with asymmetric instead"

So I pointed out that I could see 2 different types of Nankang as well as a Bridgestone that were directional so asked them again to confirm the options in my tyre size. The next replay came back:

"Please note these are not Porsche approved tyres and will therefore invalidate your car insurance and the nankang is a budget tyre not suited to Porsche"

Whilst the 2nd part of that sentence is true the first part is complete crap and I assume just written to make me buy a different type of tyre.

I may well replace both back tyres with asymmetric as I can't find many directional tyres by good brands in my tyre size - however it certainly will not be from these cowboys
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

They may have got the insurance bit wrong but price wise they are hard to beat. Besides if your using Nankangs , directional or not is the least of your worries.
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

What kind of Porsche are we talking about? If it's a 911, especially a 996 or newer (which by the sounds of it it is if you are suggesting £500 for two tyres) you should be using N-rated tyres which have a stiff wall to cope with the rear engine/power layout. I remember a friend years ago put some cheap tyres on it and it wobbled all about and had them took straight off and some proper tyres put on it. What size are you looking at?

I think calling them cowboys because they are offering advice is a bit harsh, especially considering they aren't just trying to sell any old rubbish which they could do if they really were cowboys!
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Nah Cowboys all the way - at the end of the day I half know what I'm talking about 10% of the time with a fair wind :lol: So I know that he is just talking out of his back side - imagine if I didn't know what little I know and took his word for it. As for the Nankangs - you're right and I do want rid of them as I have already mentioned - not a fan of cheap cheap tyres, especially on something quick

Yes it is a 911/996 3.4l - its been fully restored and had a lot of work done including a number of GT upgrades which include the bigger wheels and brake configuration, the tyres are really the only thing that lets it down.

In fairness it does stick to the road well - the front is lighter than my M which I put down to the fact that all the weight is at the back rather than the tyres on the front which although cheap look pretty new.

Can you confirm the N rating comment? I have seen this mentioned when I have been looking at tyres this weekend online but then can't actually see an N anywhere despite looking at tyres that are supposed to be for a Porsche. The tyres are currently 285 / 30 / R19 / 94Y.

Interesting looking just now online - Camskill are recommending these http://www.camskill.co.uk/m55b0s7773p10 ... se%3A_70dB the profile is slightly higher at 35 instead of 30 but I wonder if that will actually matter if I am replacing both rears with these tyres?

EDIT: Theres actually not a lot of room to raise the profile if I am honest?

Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Lewy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lewy »

I'll be honest I suspect the N rated stuff is a load of nonsense.

I have a Cayenne which is basically a VW Tourag and Porsche say that it also must have N rated tyres and yet the weight distribution is no different to that of a Tourag or Q7 and they do not need such tyres.

Granted the sports Porsche models will be different but if the argument about weight distribution was correct then that would also suggest the fronts can have a weaker tyre wall wouldn't it? Therefore n rated is only needed on the rear - which isn't what Porsche say.

My money is on a few high end manufacturers paying Porsche for the privelidge of N rated status and throwing a few token n-rated designs in the mix to justify. Having said this, the top end stickiest tyres would be my first choice on a performance motor anyway.

Anyway, back to Z's! Lol

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

Of the tyres listed I would always go with the Goodyear. used them on my 450 hp evo and on all forums get consistently good ratings. Excellent wet grip. As far as sizing goes other than N rating what does Porsche recommend. What size are the fronts as the difference in rolling circumference is over 4% between 30 and 35 profiles. 1971/2057 respective.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Lewy wrote:I'll be honest I suspect the N rated stuff is a load of nonsense.

I have a Cayenne which is basically a VW Tourag and Porsche say that it also must have N rated tyres and yet the weight distribution is no different to that of a Tourag or Q7 and they do not need such tyres.

Granted the sports Porsche models will be different but if the argument about weight distribution was correct then that would also suggest the fronts can have a weaker tyre wall wouldn't it? Therefore n rated is only needed on the rear - which isn't what Porsche say.

My money is on a few high end manufacturers paying Porsche for the privelidge of N rated status and throwing a few token n-rated designs in the mix to justify. Having said this, the top end stickiest tyres would be my first choice on a performance motor anyway.

Anyway, back to Z's! Lol
Thanks for this - ironically no matter which site you search the Porsche tyres with N rating are few and far between which makes your comments very valid - even more ironically the Nankang comes up on each site. I have flipped the question back to the bloke at Camskill to ask which tyres would not invalidate my insurance and oddly there has been no response.

And indeed - I feel I have asked too many non Zed questions already :lol:
stevov wrote:Of the tyres listed I would always go with the Goodyear. used them on my 450 hp evo and on all forums get consistently good ratings. Excellent wet grip. As far as sizing goes other than N rating what does Porsche recommend. What size are the fronts as the difference in rolling circumference is over 4% between 30 and 35 profiles. 1971/2057 respective.
Thanks Stevov, The Goodyear Eagles do have the best reviews and good ratings for grip in the wet and as such these are the ones I am continually drawn to. I notice they are XL as well which is as close to the fabled N rating as I am likely to get. With regards the size, the fronts are actually 235/35 / ZR19 91W XL so raising the profile of the rears to 35 would actually match - assuming they will fit under the rims.
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

The rolling circumference of a 235/35/19 is 1951.61 mm the closest match is the 285/30/19 which has 1971.21mm. The same profiles don't mean the same rolling circumference. I would go with the Goodyear 285/30/19 xl.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

stevov wrote:The rolling circumference of a 235/35/19 is 1951.61 mm the closest match is the 285/30/19 which has 1971.21mm. The same profiles don't mean the same rolling circumference. I would go with the Goodyear 285/30/19 xl.
Thanks buddy - they are the ones I will get then (Im sure there is maths involved in that somewhere :wink: )
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

The profile number is a percentage of the width. 30 profile is 30% of the width 285 mm. On the front the 35 is 35%of 235 mm
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

stevov wrote:The profile number is a percentage of the width. 30 profile is 30% of the width 285 mm. On the front the 35 is 35%of 235 mm
Ah thanks - I never knew that :rtm: :dunce:
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
petecossie

M coupe S50

Post by petecossie »

c_w wrote:What kind of Porsche are we talking about? If it's a 911, especially a 996 or newer (which by the sounds of it it is if you are suggesting £500 for two tyres) you should be using N-rated tyres which have a stiff wall to cope with the rear engine/power layout. I remember a friend years ago put some cheap tyres on it and it wobbled all about and had them took straight off and some proper tyres put on it. What size are you looking at?

I think calling them cowboys because they are offering advice is a bit harsh, especially considering they aren't just trying to sell any old rubbish which they could do if they really were cowboys!
Everyone is invited to their opinion but in this case as mentioned already calling Camskill cowboys is very harsh. Cowboys to my mind are businesses that charge way over the going rate for services or products to people who are not fully aware of what is being provided and are cruelly taken advantage of to rip them off.
Camskill in the time that I have used them (11 years) have provided nothing but great service and far from overcharging for tyres they have been very competitive. The thing is you have to do your homework and with such a great car that you have (The Porsche) I would have been digging to fine out some information on the best tyres for the vehicle on various websites i.e. Porsche 911uk or Pistonheads being just two if you put a query into bing. Links below. The Pistonheads thread has some interesting comments on N rated tyres which you may find particularly useful.

http://www.911uk.com/

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=225907

Another site you may also find useful is Car bible, link below. On page 4 is a calculation tool for working out rolling circumferences for the nearest tyre size/profile to your present tyres. The whole site is very useful and will explain a lot of things you may nor be aware.

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

Hope you get sorted with the tyres.
Pete C

Previous BMWs
1986 M635
1985 E28 M5
1983 E28 528i Alpina
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Personally I really like the Black Circle order and fit system. The prices seem very competitive and the system (fitting, new valve & balancing included) works perfectly. :)
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

bertiejaffa wrote:Yes it is a 911/996 3.4l
You haven't got a Porker in your stable as well now? - lucky so-in-so :D
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Thanks for the links Pete - More food for thought indeed. And thanks for the comments about the car. I had seen the one on Pistonheads when searching already and my conclusion is that some of them agree that the N rating should be adhered too even to the point of axle specific whilst others seem to agree with earlier comments on here that they don't really mean anything.

Personally I have tried to weigh up all the questions and answers and I have also posted on a Porsche forum I am part of. I think it speaks volumes about the people on here that the quantity, and more importantly, the usefulness of the replies is nothing compared to what we get on this site hence I trust the judgement on here much more. (so again apologises for using the Z forum :lol:).

Aligned to this I have also sought out information direct from Porsche who, via email correspondence will only promote N rated tyres. Interestingly this means that they will include the budget Nankang tyre because it has an N rating (and because of this I suspect they are commercially obliged to) but they did derive an ultimate preference to the ones listed below (ratings also included for Fuel, Wet and Noise if you are interested.):

Pirelli P Zero Rosso N4 E A )) 73 dB
Bridgestone Potenza S-02A N3 G C )) 73 dB
Continental ContiSportContact2 N2 G B )) 74 dB
Michelin Pilot Sport 2 N3 E A )) 74 dB

In addition I have spoken to a guy in the local dealership parts department who has knowingly suggested I checked out the tyres on the cars they have for sale on their forecourt to see just how well they adhere to their own recommendations.....

I've concluded that I will either go with Stevov and get the Goodyears or I will go with the PZEROs as they have been fantastic on my A5, and in the end I may well order the tyres from Camskill based on the continued recommendation from yourself and others and if their price is competitive enough.

However I will feed the comments I received back to them regardless of who I purchase off. At the end of the day this is/was my first experience of them, and to date the only service I have received from them are incorrect comments which I still truly believe were at best misinformed and at worst misleading and could have easily guided me away me from cheaper options as well as promote unsubstantiated concerns about my the validity of my insurance; Not everyone who gets information from BRIAN at Camskill will have the good fortune to have a forum like this to confirm, check and substantiate his comments.

Thanks again to everyone who has advised on this, it really is good to get the opinions of people you trust and appreciate and who know about these old cars, whatever the make or model. :cheers
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Del wrote:Personally I really like the Black Circle order and fit system. The prices seem very competitive and the system (fitting, new valve & balancing included) works perfectly. :)
Thanks Del - now I am close to deciding on the tyre I will compare them all and post up the prices for each site for others to compare. Im sure that the prices I post will be different next month as I think it probably depends on the tyre, the season, the current discount and the size required etc. I do agree with you that there is something nice about knowing the fitting is also taken care of when you buy from black circles etc... especially if you don't have somewhere that you have used and trust already to do it as an after purchase fitting.

Del wrote:
bertiejaffa wrote:Yes it is a 911/996 3.4l
You haven't got a Porker in your stable as well now? - lucky so-in-so :D
:D :D Yes I do, took a while for me to convince myself to get it - or should I say to convince her indoors that I could have it. The interior needs some TLC but the the garage I use have ensured that exterior and mechanics are (touch wood) all sorted. The downside of this is that one of my existing toys will be going this weekend.... :bawl:
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Del wrote:Personally I really like the Black Circle order and fit system. The prices seem very competitive and the system (fitting, new valve & balancing included) works perfectly. :)

Just ordered 2 x tyres from Germany £102 each + £10 each fitting from local mobile supplier

same tyres:
Black Circles £127 per tyre or £144 per tyre fitted (total £64 dearer) :nono
Camskill £98 each plus fitting :head:

However I had a 20% discount voucher for the german supplier so I used them. :D

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

gookah wrote:

Just ordered 2 x tyres from Germany £102 each + £10 each fitting from local mobile supplier

same tyres:

German being Tyreleader or someone else? And is it Pete only discount code :wink:
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

bertiejaffa wrote:
gookah wrote:

same tyres:

German being Tyreleader or someone else? And is it Pete only discount code :wink:
It was an eBay code CUK20 and was for about 6 hours on 31st March - 20% off everything up to £250.
Tyre company was eBayer "good-wheel"

stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

The Pirelli would also be a good choice. Their wet grip has improved alot in recent years. Previously were a good dry but suspect wet tyre but recent models have addressed the imbalance between wet and dry. For me Goodyear's consistent performance in all conditions over the years shaves it but either tyre should serve well.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I had pirellis on a z3 before, and they were atrocious ditch finders. P6000 I think they were.
many have had similar problems with Z3's on Pirelli tyres

stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

Which model of pzero is the question.
pzero or pzero Nero or pzero Rosso(3 types)or pzero corsa(5 types) pzero silver,pzero Nero gt,and the list goes on. The p 6000 is not in the same league as the pzero family. It's a touring tyre.
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

The tyres are quite keenly priced at the moment, so a full matching set is going to be about £700, no bad really at these sizes - I've paid more for R888s in 17s at one time! If it was me I'd start over with a matching set, but I

Many manufacturers do have their own OE-spec tyres (like AUDI "AO", BMW "*", Porsche "N"-rating etc), most of the time it's probably the same tyre, sometimes tiny tweaks like the sidewall protection. But with the N-rated tyres, I've bought some Bridgestone S02 N2 and the sidewalls were mega-stiff, much stiffer than semi slicks that I've used, so there is a difference.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Thanks everyone for the continued advise.

So I finally got a response from Camskill who said they could not advise any tyres for me as the wheels were not the original ones that came with the car :roll: so I have had to go with my own gut based on searches and the advise off here.

I was about to buy the Goodyears from Camskill (£182 each) but then someone advised that Kwikfit are having a 25% sale on Pirellis if you go direct to the service centre. now I had already seen that online they were offering PZEROs for £172 fitted which I thought was a great price but I couldn't get a full description of the type of PZERO.

Anyway, I rang the centre in Hyde and gave them my tyre details - they confirmed that they have 2 options (same as online) with one of them being the Pzero.... their price for both fitted, with 25% discount..... £507 !!! When I asked why the massive difference in price, especially as they are advertising an "in centre" discount he said he didn't know but he confirmed that they are the same ones as on line - reinforced, XL, etc so now that I knew which ones they were I've booked it online - £345 for both fitted, balanced etc and I will be having them fitted on Sunday morning.

Thanks again everyone for the help and advise - hopefully the thread will also be of use to others who need new tyres - if nothing else it has given me another place to look when I need some more and taught me the rolling circumference and profile calculation. :cheers
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
KERMIT1970

M roadster S50

Post by KERMIT1970 »

I just used Asda tyres when I replaced the runcraps on my 35is. Fantastic prices for Michelin pilot super sports almost same price as tyre leader after factoring in the £10 a corner in. Feel the same would rather buy local than from tyre leader. A boy from work bought from tyre leader & tyres came from different countries Poland & Germany & 3 days apart. Just my opion.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Just to let you know - tyres fitted today, no hassle and pleasant service at Kwik-Fit in Hyde.

...however, the increased amount of tread is now an issue and is fouling the nearside wing ! :head:
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Alan W »

Oh no!!!! :roll:
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Alan W wrote:Oh no!!!! :roll:
Tell me about it - never rains but it pours.. ! Not a lot I can do, tried pushing the fold of the wings in a bit which has helped a little but its still catching so its going into my garage tomorrow to see if there is something creative they can come up with aside from buying another new set with lower profiles which would mean having to change the fronts as well !
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Alan W »

££££££££££££££££££££

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ker..ching!!!!
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

Is going 275 an option. Would maintain the profile.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

stevov wrote:Is going 275 an option. Would maintain the profile.
Not sure - as you know my tyre knowledge is limited by this thread :lol: I'm guessing its one of the options that they will suggest - I suppose its not actually the end of the world, its not like the car is knackered or anything - just very annoying after spending all week researching and picking tyres. After all, today should have just been straight forward.!!

I still can't honestly believe that it has made this much of a difference having that extra few millimetres of tread :shock:
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal