Z3 2.2 Sport and hard top for sale NOW SOLD

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Z3 2.2 Sport and hard top for sale NOW SOLD

Post by whiteminks »

Hi All,

I can't quite believe I am doing this, but I am selling my 2002 titanium silver 2.2 with hardtop after owning it for 10 years.
It currently has 81750 miles on the clock.
It has a good service history and the body work is mostly good apart from some stone chips on the bonnet and a small area of bubbling near the front wheel arch on the drivers side.
If I were keeping this I would have this work done but as I also have an S54 Z3M which is a keeper I will be letting the new owner titivate my 2.2.
I have kept the hard top on for the last few years as I have used the car in the winter and kept my Z3M for the summer.
The soft top underneath is in pretty good condition but there is a split in the rear plastic window which the new owner can sort.
The alloys would benefit from a refurb to look ultra smart although the car still looks smart overall for its age. The bottom of the front plastic sports spoiler has an area of cracked paint as my husband drove it into a stone kerb ( ouch) but the spoiler itself is not damaged.
The car is totally original right down to the radio. Being the sports model it has leather seats ( black) which are electric and heated and function well. There is a small tear to the leather on the drivers side bolster but it is not hugely noticeable unless you are facing it. As is common with these cars the seat belt guide on the drivers side has broken but the seat belts are fine and the cab generally looks pretty smart. The dash has the original sporty aluminium facia and the door runners are the smart aluminium original ones. The car has air conditioning which works well.
The areas around the wing mirrors and boot lid lock are in good condition which are areas that often cause problems as zeds age.
The hard top is in very good condition with just one small chipped area and the car has the proper BMW fitting kit on it. It also benefits from a heated rear window.
The engine and exhaust still sound lovely and the car drives beautifully. There is one green light left on the service indicator and the car last had Inspection 2 service a few years ago. The next service due will just be a cheap oil service.
The brakes were done recently so shouldn't cause tooo many problems and the tyres are okay.
The car is MOT'd until August.
I have priced the car to sell and at a very advantageous price to the new owner so will not go much lower than the above asking price. I wanted to offer him to a good home so I am posting here on the forum. I will try to post some pics over the next few days. It shouldn't take too much effort or money to get him into tip top shape.
Please someone take him before I get cold feet and hide him away :lol:

Areas which need attention
Area near drivers side wheel arch

Lower front valance cracked paint

Leather seat bolster drivers seat
Broken seat belt guide drivers side

Interior shots

Engine bay

Please note he has just had a shampoo here and has not been waxed. He comes up beautifully with a good waxing ;-)

Kindest regards

Paula
Last edited by whiteminks on Sat 16 Apr, 2016 10:14, edited 2 times in total.
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
JJG

blank

Re: Z3 2.2 Sport and hard top for sale £2650 OVNO

Post by JJG »

Sent you a PM
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Re: Z3 2.2 Sport and hard top for sale £2650 OVNO

Post by whiteminks »

Have sent you a reply ;-)
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Re: Z3 2.2 Sport and hard top for sale £2650 OVNO Now with p

Post by whiteminks »

Now with pics folks :)
Zukie

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Zukie »

Hi Paula,

I have sent you a PM regarding your Z3.

Regards

Russ.
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BonBon »

Over the years I've seen some bold claims on MPG - but every time there is a pic of somebody selling - invariably the tank is close to empty and they're close to 330miles on a full tank :lol:
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

I tell it as it is Bon Bon LOL. A Spokey cruise would decimate that LOL x
I think Toadster will have a very happy new owner very soon and a member of this forum :-)
Zukie

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Zukie »

whiteminks wrote:I tell it as it is Bon Bon LOL. A Spokey cruise would decimate that LOL x
I think Toadster will have a very happy new owner very soon and a member of this forum :-)

Certainly will Paula,
Insured him this afternoon ready for the drive home, really looking forward to meeting him lol.. :)

See you Saturday.... :D

Russ.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Zukie wrote:
whiteminks wrote:I tell it as it is Bon Bon LOL. A Spokey cruise would decimate that LOL x

Certainly will Paula,
Insured him this afternoon ready for the drive home, really looking forward to meeting him lol.. :)

Russ.

Well done, congratulations :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Zukie

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Zukie »

Gazza wrote:
Zukie wrote:

Certainly will Paula,

Russ.

Well done, congratulations :D
Thank you very much, :thumb:
Spent most of the day going through loads of posts on the forum,

Very friendly and lots of people on here that know their stuff. Can't wait for some meets and events now. :)

Russ.
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Hi Russ,

So glad he is going to someone who will love him :)
I am getting some work done on Sharky soon so perhaps he can meet up with his bro at some of the upcoming Zed Events?
Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Paula
P.S My husband has forbidden me to blart when Toadster goes LOL
Zukie

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Zukie »

Hi Paula,

Always up for meets and events as that's part of owning the car for us.
Regarding blarting' you can always go and have 5 minutes with him on your own when at a meet lol. :wink:

See you tomorrow..

Russ
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Awwwwww there was a tear in my eye when he drove up the road :bawl:
Was lovely to see him go to such lovely people as Russ and his wife. :)
Russ has admitted to being an avid detailer so I am really looking forward to meeting you both at a meet with a gleaming Toadster.
I hope you have as much fun as I have had. 8-)

Paula x
Zukie

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Z3 2.2 Sport and hard top for sale NOW SOLD

Post by Zukie »

Hi Paula,

Was lovely to meet you both and to meet Toadster,
He may get a new name now and come across as a bit feminine next time you both meet lol.. :D

Just wanted to say he wasn't exactly as you described him, He was much better and the drive home was bloody marvellous, drove like a dream, very smooth. :D
Hardtop will be off tomorrow :D You filled him with fuel. :shock: :) I don't know how to thank you. What a wonderful person you are, Drinks are on me when next meet is on. :cheers

Cleaning will start tomorrow with full steam clean of the interior and roof and a few goodies being ordered within the next few hours.
I will look after him/her and the next time you see him will make you proud for how you have looked after him too.

Best wishes

Russ.

PS, Their is a nokia phone in the car, I will post it to you on Monday.
PPS. Your M is gorgeous..
Zukie

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Zukie »

Hi Paula,

Was lovely to meet you both and to meet Toadster,
He may get a new name now and come across as a bit feminine next time you both meet lol.. :D

Just wanted to say he wasn't exactly as you described him, He was much better and the drive home was bloody marvellous, drove like a dream, very smooth. :D
Hardtop will be off tomorrow :D You filled him with fuel. :shock: :) I don't know how to thank you. What a wonderful person you are, Drinks are on me when next meet is on. :cheers

Cleaning will start tomorrow with full steam clean of the interior and roof and a few goodies being ordered within the next few hours.
I will look after him/her and the next time you see him will make you proud for how you have looked after him too.

Best wishes

Russ.

PS, Their is a nokia phone in the car, I will post it to you on Monday.
PPS. Your M is gorgeous..
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Great reading Russ, enjoy your new car :)
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Awwwwwwwwwwwww so glad you like him and you got home okay.
He does drive beautifully and the exhaust note on the 2.2 is the best out of all the Zeds :)
He is no slouch either!
Lots of top down days ahead for you both! 8-)

Enjoy ! xxx
Zukie

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Zukie »

Yes that exhaust note is lovely.

Once again Paula..A BIG Thank you.
To deal with such a person as you just made everything perfect. :)

Perhaps we should close this thread now so other people can get a look in with their sales. :oops:

Take care Paula and we will see you in the summer.

Russ xx