Rear upper strut brace (Bertini. new unfitted)

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
c_w

M roadster S50

Rear upper strut brace (Bertini. new unfitted)

Post by c_w »

It's the one that bolts on the rear top mounts. Bertini type.

I bought it for my Coupe but decided against cutting the interior arch trim (which the Roadster doesn't have).

£50
fruitbat

M roadster S54

Re: Rear upper strut brace (Bertini. new unfitted)

Post by fruitbat »

Bargain for somebody, brought one last week. :head:
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Might be interested, did you notice any difference after you fitted it?

:cheers

Bonzo
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
fruitbat

M roadster S54

Post by fruitbat »

I brought the upper and lower set. Not fitted yet due to soft paint finish going to powder coat.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Bonzo wrote:Might be interested, did you notice any difference after you fitted it?
If you look at the rear suspension you will see that an upper rear brace does absolutely nothing - the shock towers are situated by a beam that runs across the width of the car making flex between the towers completely impossible.
Plus, the rear suspension hangs off the rear subframe - the geometry is completely defined by the subframe. The shock towers are just that - shock towers. It's not a MacPherson strut, it's just where the top of the shock bolts up. You could remove the shock completely and the rear geometry would not alter.
The only difference that is 100% guaranteed is a slight increase in weight and therefore a slight decrease in performance. Although, I seriously doubt you'd notice it.
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

I don't know of any performance benefits as it's never been fitted. Though the damper mounting on the body (not the top mount) are known to crack (hence the reinforcement plates available from BMW), so this could be considered an extra reinforcement.

Forgot to add, located near Manchester. Collection welcome. Postage would be £10 via UPS.