Beige gearstick gaiters?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
swabyk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Beige gearstick gaiters?

Post by swabyk »

Anyone know where they sell beige gearstick gaiters to match Z3s with Oregon leather? Have only found black in my search so far..........
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Beige gearstick gaiters?

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Is this any good:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FITS-BMW-E36- ... UrdgRe2yLQ

I don't think you'll find any with the 'mottled' look of the oregon leather, unfortunately.
Devon Z
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Devon Z »

BladeRunner919 wrote:Is this any good:

I don't think you'll find any with the 'mottled' look of the oregon leather, unfortunately.
The Oregon(mottled) leather was only used on the centre seat panels, all other leather inside is smooth.
99 2.0 Topaz Individual
swabyk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by swabyk »

Thanks, that might do it, although looks a lot lighter than my leather. Appreciate the link. (Havent a clue how I missed that when i looked on fleabay! :( )
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

I think I have one, I'll check for you.
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

swabyk wrote:Thanks, that might do it, although looks a lot lighter than my leather. Appreciate the link. (Havent a clue how I missed that when i looked on fleabay! :( )
If Andy doesn't have one, then look at the other products that ebay seller has - there are lots of colours. I have their tanin-red gaiters, and they are excellent.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Devon Z wrote:
BladeRunner919 wrote:Is this any good:

The Oregon(mottled) leather was only used on the centre seat panels, all other leather inside is smooth.
The smooth leather in that colour is called 'Sand.'

:cheers

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
handsomejackuk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by handsomejackuk »

i thinks its sand beige.... as fitted to mine... colour Q4SN

http://users.belgacom.net/bmw_z3/bmw_z3_interior.htm

Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Yeah, Beige and wood, a true English gentleman's car interior trim! Although the wood is a little overdone in the above pic in my opinion.

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
swabyk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by swabyk »

Bought this one today on ebay. £6 including postage all the way from Bulgaria. I can already tell how this purchase is going to go.........but, lets give it a chance. :) :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331280273684? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Rgds
Ken
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Synthetique leather :shock:
swabyk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by swabyk »

Yes, thought that but for six squids its worth a shot to see what its like, might well be filed under B for Bin an hour after receiving it......
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

If you can find a hand brake gaiter in the same material it would match and might not look too duff. :shrug

Bonzo.
handsomejackuk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by handsomejackuk »

Bonzo wrote:Yeah, Beige and wood, a true English gentleman's car interior trim! Although the wood is a little overdone in the above pic in my opinion.

Bonzo.
yeah got to admit i think there is a bit too much wood in there... i only got the gear knob, and gear surround area... and mine is a darker wood colour

swabyk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by swabyk »

Yep, I also have the darker wood, although strangely i had the outside centre console trim in the wood too. I see you have the beige hockey-stick shaped trim which is normal from what ive ever seen and had before. My car I have now was ordered with wood trim so this is an OEM and not an after-market wood trim, just havent a clue why the console edges are also wood.

If im honest I really dont like it and this week purchased the side trim in beige from a car on ebay being broken, will swap mine out soon.

Anyone else seen the hockey-stick trim in wood?

handsomejackuk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by handsomejackuk »

swabyk wrote:Yep, I also have the darker wood, although strangely i had the outside centre console trim in the wood too. I see you have the beige hockey-stick shaped trim which is normal from what ive ever seen and had before. My car I have now was ordered with wood trim so this is an OEM and not an after-market wood trim, just havent a clue why the console edges are also wood.

If im honest I really dont like it and this week purchased the side trim in beige from a car on ebay being broken, will swap mine out soon.

Anyone else seen the hockey-stick trim in wood?

i have seen a few with other wood trim parts too..the ash tray, and trip computer in wood, and the dash surround and door cards if you were selling those side parts what sort of money wood :-) you be looking at....just curious ?

hehe

Al.
swabyk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by swabyk »

Paid £40 for the beige ones so would sell the wood ones for the same if you’re interested. To be honest though, it might be a good couple of weeks before I get round to this replacement job. Let me know if you’re interested and I will contact you when I have them removed. Thanks