My New Z4M Coupe Alpine White

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
imi89imi

Z4 M coupe

My New Z4M Coupe Alpine White

Post by imi89imi »

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and thought id join in on the act. :)

I've recently purchased a BMW Z4M coupe Alpine white with Red leather it had only done 22,300 miles on the clock and was registered in Feb 2009 so was maybe the last batch of cars on order. I like white cars I think they look great if kept clean and tbh I'd never come across one before in that combination. I was contemplating last year whether to buy a Z3M roadster (Z3M Coupes out the question for budget reasons) or a Z4M roadster. My budget at the time was £16K-£18K. After test driving both cars I preferred the Z4M. Looking for the right one on a low mileage was and is hard to come by.....but my option changed when I saw a Blue Z4M coupe driving on the M6(JCT 5) that I thought WOOOOOW that looks amazing saw a few in person and fell in love ever since. So I waited and waited for the right one and purchased this one a few days back. Would love to hear some feedback

Also any one know where I can purchase genuine BMW CSL wheels as that's the only alteration id like to make??

regards

immy

Tony g

blank

Re: My New Z4M Coupe Alpine White

Post by Tony g »

Welcome to the Forum Immy

Your Z4M looks amazing and must be quite rare in white. Youve got a great car with a lot of power, take your time to get to know the car. I have a Z3M and it still scares me on a regular basis !,

Enjoy your new toy

Tony
imi89imi

Z4 M coupe

Post by imi89imi »

Hi Tony,

LOL I know what you mean the car is blisteringly quick and is scary. I had to pick the car up from slough and drive back to Wolverhampton so was a nice journey back.

I was told there was only 18 ever ordered in white so yes it is rare

Thanks and I will defo enjoy every moment I'm behind the wheel.

regards
Z3andZ4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Z3andZ4 »

You've made a great choice and one which I doubt you will regret ever.

I've had one since brand new Interlagos Blue and red. New in 09/06.

I have just passed 29k and feel she is just about run in. I found the gear change 1st to 2nd a little notchy and difficult to make smooth, but now it seems to have calmed down.

EVERY time I get in her and drive her it brings a smile to my face no matter how I felt when I got in.

I miss her in winter as I SORN her and slip into my Z3 with hard top and winter alloys/wheels, so it makes Spring and exciting time of year when the Z4MC comes out to play again :-)
2001 Z3 3 litre Sport Roadster - titanium and special
2006 Z4M coupe - Interlagos and red
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q62 ... huiwqu.jpg
motco

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by motco »

Lovely car! So powerful that the backdraught from the exhaust blew the garage door off! :lol:
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Welcome to the Forum :D

Secondhand sets of Genuine CSL wheels with tyres are about £1600 per set, two sets recently sold on cslregister.com

New sets are about £2400
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
imi89imi

Z4 M coupe

Post by imi89imi »

Z3andZ4 wrote:You've made a great choice and one which I doubt you will regret ever.

I've had one since brand new Interlagos Blue and red. New in 09/06.

I have just passed 29k and feel she is just about run in. I found the gear change 1st to 2nd a little notchy and difficult to make smooth, but now it seems to have calmed down.

EVERY time I get in her and drive her it brings a smile to my face no matter how I felt when I got in.

I miss her in winter as I SORN her and slip into my Z3 with hard top and winter alloys/wheels, so it makes Spring and exciting time of year when the Z4MC comes out to play again :-)

Same here, I've put the car on SORN for the winter months and will come out in summer time

I've washed it/ clayed /compound /polish and wax and looks really good now so I've covered and stored in the garage for now which is best otherwise I get tempted to keep driving it.

Man your lucky to own 2 sports cars at once.
imi89imi

Z4 M coupe

Post by imi89imi »

Gazza wrote:Welcome to the Forum :D

Secondhand sets of Genuine CSL wheels with tyres are about £1600 per set, two sets recently sold on cslregister.com

New sets are about £2400

Hi Gazza,

oh thanks for the info.

I checked the cslregister I think they sold one for £1600 as you mentioned

I found a set on ebay but their not genuine csl but look damm good but just replicas there finished in gloss bronze which I think would go nice with the alpine white on the car.... Guy is asking for £500 inc free delivery what you reckon guys?

would appreciate advice if I should buy those set

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-Staggered- ... SwdzVXlh6j
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

They look as good as any 8-)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
imi89imi

Z4 M coupe

Post by imi89imi »

Gazza wrote:They look as good as any 8-)

Cheers gazza, I'm gunna see if I can haggle the price down a lil bit more. You have a really nice car collection btw
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Stunning car - my fave coupe of the range... I am officially jealous !!!!
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
imi89imi

Z4 M coupe

Post by imi89imi »

I've bought the wheels in the end for £500 with free delivery will post pics when I get them....will look awesome when fitted on the z4M.
Joycey

M roadster S52

Post by Joycey »

Amazing car! welcome to the Coupe fold :twisted:
imi89imi

Z4 M coupe

Post by imi89imi »

Thanks Joycey

Your coupe looks awesome nice body kit. 8-)
imi89imi

Z4 M coupe

Post by imi89imi »

Hi Guys,

Just had delivery for my Replica CSL 19" alloy wheels and I've got to say they look amazing and look brilliant in this Gloss bronze finish. Just purchased centre caps and M logo Emblem sticker to go below centre caps to make it look complete. Will be putting brand new tyres hopefully on Monday so will be taking all 4 wheels down.

Let me know what you think of the Wheels.

Christmas came early for me. :o

spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

They are stunning

Then again, I am a big fan of coloured wheels!

Enjoy, can't wait to see them fitted
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
imi89imi

Z4 M coupe

Post by imi89imi »

cheers mate

I'm going to purchase darker wheel bolts

is there such thing as bronze coloured alloy wheel bolts?
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Everyone with a Z4 seems to put CSL wheels on theirs and they look quite common, but I think these will look stunning on your with the bronze finish against the white. Look forward to seeing the pictures!
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
imi89imi

Z4 M coupe

Post by imi89imi »

g8jka wrote:Everyone with a Z4 seems to put CSL wheels on theirs and they look quite common, but I think these will look stunning on your with the bronze finish against the white. Look forward to seeing the pictures!
Yeh a lot people seem to go with the CSL's, I think the wheels and the car were made for one another.

in my personal opinion looks better suited with the z4 (e85) chassis then with the m3 (e46) chassis.

the bronze looks even better in reality I'm well chuffed with the purchase, I was originally looking for a gun metal grey colour in the CSL's which was nice but the bronze I've not seen done before. Black looks to tacky something you see a lot in most white colour cars.

Will be going to a guy I know near Dudley town he has very competitive prices on performance tyres, so watch out for the pics.

A stubby Ariel is my last modification on order I've noticed a very annoying thing with the factory fitted Ariel which is too long every time I go to open/close the rear boot it catches it on the way up and tucks it under when closing so you have to pull it out to close the boot. :x :x
imi89imi

Z4 M coupe

Post by imi89imi »

Hi Guys n Girlz,

So the moment has finally come I've managed to whack on my 19" rims on my Z4M, and I will let you all decide what you think.......

I want to say a big shout out to my main man 'JOE' from Tyre City UK LTD, Dudley, West Midlands great service and excellent prices which you will see him feature in the pics below. If you are from the west midlands region then I highly recommend

Also recommended by 5th Gear motor show.

I must confess I did go for the Part worn tyres so some of you might spit out the tea/coffee in your mouth right now reading this BUT hey I saved a few bucks $$$$$.

JOE had x2 sets of Michelin Pilot Sports on 7mm tread for the front

235/35R19

and

x2 Dunlop SP Sport Maxx on 7mm tread for the rear

255/35R19

you looking at £150-£160 a piece

I got each tyre Average £40 including wheel balancing and fitting

I don't/wont be driving everyday only summer time as the car is SORN Now, so I didn't see much point for brand new tyres.

So below are the pics (Nice sunny day here in Dudley but also very cold):

Private Registration Courtesy of my older brother.....I'm not to sure about the BMW plate frame still undecided might take them off didn't think they look as good as I thought they would.

Thanks for viewing the post.
Joycey

M roadster S52

Post by Joycey »

That's given it a nice look! Look forward to seeing it over the summer.
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Looks great with them wheels on, good choice
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
imi89imi

Z4 M coupe

Post by imi89imi »

Cheers guys,

The car for me is complete now.

I'm just planning a UK road trip for the summer hopefully I can take some spectacular photos of the car in and around the uk.

If you guys know any roads to drive a car like this let me know ive done mild research and the two which look good are

Snake pass in peak District
Cheddar gorge in Somerset

Thanks
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

imi89imi wrote:Cheers guys,

The car for me is complete now.

I'm just planning a UK road trip for the summer hopefully I can take some spectacular photos of the car in and around the uk.

If you guys know any roads to drive a car like this let me know ive done mild research and the two which look good are

Snake pass in peak District
Cheddar gorge in Somerset

Thanks

viewforum.php?f=33
Gazza

ImageImage
Vanne

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by Vanne »

The rims look great mate, really set that car off.

Come mate, you know those things are /NEVER/ finished. Welcome to the 4 fold :D