To my .org friends!

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

To my .org friends!

Post by Bonzo »

Merry Christmas and a great new year to my friends on .org! :cheers Will see you sometime soon in the new year. if any of you read this please pass on this greeting, as you know I cannot do this to you in person.

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: To my .org friends!

Post by BladeRunner919 »

This is .net, but I'm sure the sentiment is the same! :lol:

Hope you have a good one!
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Yes I Know this is .net,.... but I am banned on .org! :devil: Merry Christmas to Zedders everywhere. :wave

:cheers

Bonzo
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Bonzo wrote:Yes I Know this is .net,.... but I am banned on .org! :devil: Merry Christmas to Zedders everywhere. :wave

Bonzo
You may be banned, but I'll bet your alter ego isn't :wink: .

Yuletide felicitations to everyone out there in internetland :wave .
Pingu
Brian4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian4 »

Merry Christmas Bonzo and bound to meet up next year.
Brian
3.0I Topaz Blue

2000 E36/7 Z3 3.0i
2016 F31 335d
2015 F21 118i
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Now I want to know what you were banned for? :D
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Have a guess! :roll:
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Wishing a Merry Christmas to your .net friends? :wink:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Bonzo wrote:Have a guess! :roll:
not adding enough useless b*ll&cks to everyones serious posts or build threads?
not using it as Facebook?

:D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

I see where you're coming from, but No!.... And I'm not on Facebook!
Try again.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Robert T wrote:Wishing a Merry Christmas to your .net friends? :wink:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol: :lol:
gookah wrote:
Bonzo wrote:Have a guess! :roll:
not adding enough useless b*ll&cks to everyones serious posts or build threads?
not using it as Facebook?

:cheers :lol:
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

None of the above I'm afraid.
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by John Wilson »

Something to do with crome gills? I believe its an automatic ban if you dont like them -harsh but fair.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Ha! Yes, I think giving a negative opinion on chrome gills was contentious, although I did try to be constructive in my criticism. I suppose calling them 'bling' didn't help matters. Also I said that driving a non ///M Z3 with ///M badges stuck on the exterior was like going out to impress girls with 2 pairs of socks pushed down the front of your Y Fronts, (or Boxers). That didn't go down too well! (Although I defended their freedom to stick whatever badges they liked anywhere.) I think the decider was when a new member posted a long thread with no punctuation, poor spelling and grammar. He ended the thread with something like, "What should I do first?" I replied, "Learn the Queen's English, grammar and how to spell!" Well, that went down like a lead balloon and he complained to the Moderators. They also didn't like a funny story I made up to explain my absence due to an earlier 2 week ban........ Well I thought it was funny! However, I never used foul or malicious language or insulted any forum member at any time. Although I expressed my opinions in a somewhat forthright manner, I looked upon it as the sort of banter that you would exchange with someone over a pint.......... Mind you, my grown up children and my wife think that my S.O.H. is sometimes too barbed. :shock:

Bonzo.
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by John Wilson »

Well, keep posting on the net. If any of us disagrees about gills, I think we can get over it (though it might take some time).
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

That's the way John, agree to disagree with a smile on our faces. All part of the fun of the forums. :)

If you're ever Aylsham way, give us a call.
Tilly

M roadster S50

Post by Tilly »

Heh I have M badges on my Z! and I tried putting socks in the y fronts and just got laughed at. I must admit I stuffed them down the back. As for spelin. Well that is personel.
Have a good New Year.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

If you want to see some inappropriately displayed M badges ...

Check this out

Pingu
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

pingu wrote:If you want to see some inappropriately displayed M badges ...

Check this out

83 pages? Wow...It sure gets some people backs up.
I don't understand their logic.
Its someone else's car and they should be able to do what they like with it, and there are too many M Badge snobs about... Why don't they aim their attacks at BMW first for their placement of M badges on steering wheels, wheels spoilers etc etc. on any car that is not an M.. or is that allowed?

I have owned an 'M' ...it doesn't bother me in the slightest, makes me smile.

Even now I have M mirrors, M grills, a pretend quad exhaust, M seats... Why? because I like them better...and its my car.? I even get asked if its an M.
And If I want to put an M badge on it I will. It's my property and no one else business...get over it.
I think its all to do with M owners having to defend stories of Saxo's outrunning an M that was really a 320D..
So what :head:

Imitation is flattery.

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

I stuck socks to my Z3 and put ///M badges in my y-fronts - now I see where I was going wrong!

I think the ///M badging thing is rather a redundant argument now that BMW have taken to sticking them on all sorts of non-M cars, presumably to denote some sort of trim level.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Zelda has an ///M steering wheel and Sport seats, (factory fitted options). This doesn't turn the CAR into an ///M or a Sport. They don't dynamically change the performance or handling in any way from cars fitted with standard steering wheels or seats. Zelda has Alpina Wheels, (fitted before I bought her) but it doesn't make her an Alpina CAR, and I wouldn't dream of even thinking about putting an Alpina Badge on her. But perhaps there are some who would. :shock: Gookah, you say some people ask you whether your car is an ///M. When you tell them it isn't, do they ask why then did you stick the badges on? If so, do you say, " Just because it's my car and I can. " Or what? I totally agree that it's your business, right and freedom to stick whatever Badge you like on your car, I just can't understand the pretence of it all! You'll be happy to know I don't consider there is really anything for me to get over. :D..... Imitation is mostly wishful thinking!

I agree That BMW have cheapened the ///M brand somewhat by relating it more to body kits and trim on some recent lines.
Last edited by Bonzo on Wed 28 Dec, 2016 16:07, edited 2 times in total.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Tilly wrote:Heh I have M badges on my Z! and I tried putting socks in the y fronts and just got laughed at. I must admit I stuffed them down the back. As for spelin. Well that is personel.
Have a good New Year.
Tilly, good to hear from you again. An ///M is an ///M is an ///M! Whereas.......... :head: :D

Mrs. Bonzo and I hope all is well with you and yours. We may well be down to Sussex in January. A Happy New Year to you also.
Regards,
A.& C.
Tilly

M roadster S50

Post by Tilly »

Bonzo wrote:
Tilly wrote:Heh I have M badges on my Z! and I tried putting socks in the y fronts and just got laughed at. I must admit I stuffed them down the back. As for spelin. Well that is personel.
Have a good New Year.
Tilly, good to hear from you again. An ///M is an ///M is an ///M! Whereas.......... :head: :D

Mrs. Bonzo and I hope all is well with you and yours. We may well be down to Sussex in January. A Happy New Year to you also.
Regards,
A.& C.
You know where we live. Its the one with the sign BMW parking only!

Would love to see you both let us know if it is possible.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Bonzo wrote: Gookah, you say some people ask you whether your car is an ///M. When you tell them it isn't, do they ask why then did you stick the badges on? If so, do you say, " Just because it's my car and I can. " Or what? I totally agree that it's your business, right and freedom to stick whatever Badge you like on your car, I just can't understand the pretence of it all! You'll be happy to know I don't consider there is really anything for me to get over. :D..... Imitation is mostly wishful thinking!

I agree That BMW have cheapened the ///M brand somewhat by relating it more to body kits and trim on some recent lines.

The Badge Police need to seriously direct complaints to BMW first. I saw a fairly low spec 3 series today (new one) with 'the' M badge on the front wing... factory fitted, but this has been going on for years.
So why is that OK? but an end user is not ok to do it?
Are BMW also allowing pretence, or perhaps its actually more a serious misrepresentation of goods?

When someone asks if it is an M, I say no, and if they ask all sort of questions, my answer is still as above, what is wrong with that answer? I would equally tell them to get over it.
As regards wishful thinking, already been there, done the M.
Some people haven't got the means to buy or run an M, but they can still pretend, if it makes them happy what is wrong with it? other than it seems to make you purists unhappy, and I am sure there are equally those that do it just because it winds up the purists.

My answer from now on...:

Now added to my signature.... :roflmao: :devil: :)

Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Gookah, We could argue about this until the cows come home.....,but as I said, BMW HAVE cheapened the ///M brand over the last few years. However, we're talking here about the time when an ///M on your BMW meant that it was a cut above the standard or Sport models. You having had an ///M makes me even more puzzled why you have to pretend now. Me...I prefer to live in the real world.... A Pretend world? You find that on TV and at the Cinema........and?

Well, I've said my piece and I'll say no more.

:cheers good buddy,

Bonzo.
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Go faster stripes anyone? ;) :D
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by John Wilson »

Go faster stripes anyone?
You're banned!
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Bonzo wrote: we're talking here about the time when an ///M on your BMW meant that it was a cut above the standard or Sport models..
But not any more, your argument was relevant 10 years ago, but it's not now. Every BMW model nowadays has an M badge somewhere, it is no longer a special badge. That is BMW's fault not mine.
You avoided my question, why is it ok for BMW to do it? why are you complaining to me about this but not them?
Last edited by gookah on Thu 29 Dec, 2016 12:06, edited 1 time in total.

gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

besides I am not pretending, I have the seats,...they are more comfortable, I have the mirrors because they don't look like Shrek's ears, I have the side grilles because I like them better. I have the quad exhaust to make the car look different to the run of the mill version. All my choices because I like them, not because I am pretending.
Are BMW pretending when they put that badge in the side of the 320D?
I too live in the real world, but I like to make it better.

Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Gookah my friend, you keep repeating what I have already said twice in my posts, that the ///M brand has been dishonoured and cheapened in recent years. So that's something we agree on :thumb: I have also said that I defend your right to stick anything you like on your car to make it look less run of the mill, and just because you like it. To me, my argument re. the ///M badges is relevant because the Z3 was produced well over 10 years ago, when the ///M badge had real Credence and Kudos.

Cheers, :cheers

Bonzo.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Warrior wrote:Go faster stripes anyone? ;) :D
Oh yes, They kook good with stick on bullet holes and the fingers type door protectors!
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Happy belated Xmas and early new year.

Bad boy

The 'BEAST' 666
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

And to you Mark. Hope to see you again this year. I'll try and get another train/boat trip together, but in the summer this time. :D

:cheers All the best

Bonzo.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

pingu wrote:
Bonzo wrote:Yes I Know this is .net,.... but I am banned on .org! :devil: Merry Christmas to Zedders everywhere. :wave

Bonzo

You mean the the guy that went for the therapy under Prof. Erik Shurn?

Bonzo.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Bonzo wrote:
pingu wrote:

Bonzo

You mean the the guy that went for the therapy under Prof. Erik Shurn?

Bonzo.
If Erik is someone on .org, it's not me (nor my lil friend).

Pingu
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

I was first banned on .org for 2 weeks, and as a joke to explain my absence I posted a made up story about going away for intensive therapy to overcome the shock. In it I was treated by the eminent practitioner Professor Erik Shurn, and was under the complete care of my 24 hour nurse Jenni Talier, who saw to ALL my needs.

That's the gist of it, but there was a a lot more to the story, all light hearted and veiled salacious stuff! ..... The guys that ran .org didn't like it!
Last edited by Bonzo on Fri 06 Jan, 2017 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Bonzo wrote:I was first banned on .org for 2 weeks, and as a joke to explain my absence I posted a made up story about going away for intensive therapy to overcome the shock. I was treated by the eminent practitioner Professor Erik Shurn, and was under the complete care of my 24 hour nurse Jenni Talier, who saw to ALL my needs.

That's the gist of it, but there was a a lot more to the story, all light hearted and veiled salacious stuff! ..... The guys that ran .org didn't like it!

BAN HIM :lol: :lol: :lol:
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

They did! :shock:
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by John Wilson »

I cant work out whats happening here. Bonzos post has been removed just for mentioning the Sandringham meet on the org site. My post in support and being purely complementary about org members has also been removed. Ar we we not allowed to mention the 'other' site or what. I'm not trying to stir things up,but I genuinely dont understand whats going on with this.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Bonzo sent me a pm and I've replied :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage