Recommend me a front strut brace

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Recommend me a front strut brace

Post by lightning »

....for my Z3 3.0.

The Bertini one is well reviewed but sold out. The Strong Strut is £400. Can anybody recommend one in the range £100-200?
l have to say l want to fit it mainly for the looks, but l believe there is an improvement in handling, not that l am likely to notice as l never drive it anywhere near its limits.
savagenoize

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Recommend me a front strut brace

Post by savagenoize »

Weichers, racing line in aluminium or they also do a steel one just the same as the bertini one, I'm waiting for one to arrive shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

Thanks l'll go for one of those.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

My ASC one is well made and fits nicely. :cheers
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

I think for z3 these are one of the best, but costly:
http://www.masonengineering.net/Subpages/Z3.htm
Grello

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Grello »

I'm waiting for a Weichers steel one, too, cost circa £100 inc delivery.
Grello

2002 Z3 2.2 M Sport, East Sussex
petecossie

M coupe S50

Post by petecossie »

Demon Tweeks do E-Tech strut braces. I have one fitted to my M Coupe which I purchased 3 years ago second hand. It is a well engineered, solid item which is same as the straight version in the third small picture on the link below:-

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performan ... trut-brace
Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black Interior.

Previous BMWs
2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black Interior.
2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black/Black Interior
1986 M635
1985 E28 M5
1983 E28 528i Alpina
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

Great, thanks for the replies, there's a couple to choose from there.
Grello

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Grello »

Local chappie fitted my Weichers this morning (I don't have a torque wrench) and he commented that it's a really good one in comparison to others he's seen; some are style over substance apparently and leave so little thread to do the nuts back up.

I've just driven my usual route home and I'd have to say that it has made a SIGNIFICANT difference - much tighter feel to the car. Very pleased and impressed. :)

G
Grello

wonderloaf

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by wonderloaf »

Grello wrote:Local chappie fitted my Weichers this morning (I don't have a torque wrench) and he commented that it's a really good one in comparison to others he's seen; some are style over substance apparently and leave so little thread to do the nuts back up.

I've just driven my usual route home and I'd have to say that it has made a SIGNIFICANT difference - much tighter feel to the car. Very pleased and impressed. :)

G
Is it same as this one? I'm also thinking about getting one and at this price seems a bit of a bargain!

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/1 ... 61023.html
2001 Titan Silver 2.2 Sport
Grello

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Grello »

wonderloaf wrote:
Grello wrote:Local chappie fitted my Weichers this morning (I don't have a torque wrench) and he commented that it's a really good one in comparison to others he's seen; some are style over substance apparently and leave so little thread to do the nuts back up.

G
Is it same as this one? I'm also thinking about getting one and at this price seems a bit of a bargain!

Yup that's the exact one. I'm very pleased so far...

Good luck if you go for it.

G
Grello

wonderloaf

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by wonderloaf »

Grello wrote:
wonderloaf wrote:

G

Yup that's the exact one. I'm very pleased so far...

Good luck if you go for it.

G
It's my birthday soon and Mrs W has been asking what I want, this would fit the bill perfectly :)
2001 Titan Silver 2.2 Sport