Minor Door shut adjustment?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Minor Door shut adjustment?

Post by Warrior »

Passenger side door - clunnk.......closes perfectly every time.

On the drivers side I frequently find that I pull or push the door shut and have to do it a second time with a little more welly so some minor adjustment is needed but it's not obvious as to how this is achieved?
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Minor Door shut adjustment?

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Are you sure you don't just need to grease the mechanism a little? When the door is shut properly, does it like up correctly with the rear panel? If so, that would suggest that there's not really an alignment issue and that it is just the mechanism binding a little.
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

BladeRunner919 wrote:Are you sure you don't just need to grease the mechanism a little? When the door is shut properly, does it like up correctly with the rear panel? If so, that would suggest that there's not really an alignment issue and that it is just the mechanism binding a little.
I'll try a bit of WD40 and report back, thanks :P
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Warrior wrote:
BladeRunner919 wrote:Are you sure you don't just need to grease the mechanism a little? When the door is shut properly, does it like up correctly with the rear panel? If so, that would suggest that there's not really an alignment issue and that it is just the mechanism binding a little.
Or the top needs adjusting out a little?

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Warrior wrote:
Use a bit of white grease rather than WD40 (which will actually remove any grease that's still there).
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Bonzo wrote:
Warrior wrote:
Or the top needs adjusting out a little?

Bonzo.
Yes, but how to adjust. Via the two Torx(?) bolts/screws on door?
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

BladeRunner919 wrote:
Warrior wrote:
Use a bit of white grease rather than WD40 (which will actually remove any grease that's still there).
Good point.....i'll go on the scrounge this weekend :D
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

You can adjust the door top lean, by loosening the two bolts on the bottom of the door and sliding them sideways a little.

:cheers

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.