blacked out window pictures

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
dansutton

blank.gif

blacked out window pictures

Post by dansutton »

hi there just wondered if any one has any pictures of silver z3 with tinted/blacked out windows

thanks dan
Kiwi

M coupe S50

Post by Kiwi »

Hi Dan, here's a couple of a silver M that will give you an idea.

By the way, I've posted up tinted window pics before and you'll probably find it easier and quicker to search for things before posting - I'm always impatient to find out what I want to know so would search first and ask later.

Anyway, hope these help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kiwi

M coupe S50

Post by Kiwi »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
321bhp

Not specified

hi

Post by 321bhp »

i know im from essex,but i still love them wheels chrome,i have had a price for doing mine £800, :head: :head:
Yella

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Yella »

OOOOHHHH!!!! Very Shiny aren't they LOL.

Liking the Tints as well think that might be on the list next :)
God gave me Taste, BMW made the Z3. It's not a girls car, It's a Mans car in Drag !!
Fixer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fixer »

Kiwi wrote:...
Shame about the floppy speedster cover, its awful.
Mods
AC Body Kit
M50 Manifold & BBTB Kit
Stainless Exhaust M style
Remap (Chipped uk )
Gruppe m rep induction kit
Angel Eyes (Chromeline Design)
Strong Strut Front & Rear
White lenses, side repeaters etc
Yella

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Yella »

Didn't even look at that LOL but Yeah not considering anything like that Big and in your face just doesn't work on a Z
God gave me Taste, BMW made the Z3. It's not a girls car, It's a Mans car in Drag !!
Kiwi

M coupe S50

Post by Kiwi »

Fixer wrote:
It is a little odd with the droopy leading edge - I prefer the one you used to have.
Fixer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fixer »

Kiwi wrote:
Fixer wrote:
It is a little odd with the droopy leading edge - I prefer the one you used to have.
The none roll hoop ones are far better made and fit perfect.
Mods
AC Body Kit
M50 Manifold & BBTB Kit
Stainless Exhaust M style
Remap (Chipped uk )
Gruppe m rep induction kit
Angel Eyes (Chromeline Design)
Strong Strut Front & Rear
White lenses, side repeaters etc

Why?

Post by Guest »

People do have odd ideas of what looks good, don't they?

I would give black side windows a resounding 'NO' for several reasons:

(a) To me at least, they look awful from any angle other than the side view, as the front and rear windows are clear. With the roof down, and viewed from the rear or front three-quarter position, it would look odd in the extreme.

(b) It is illegal, as the law requires that the windows in front of, and at each side of the driver shall be capable of passing 70 per cent of incoming light, meaning that only a light tint is acceptable.

(c) The combination of a clear front screen and blacked out side windows means that - particularly with the roof down - the side windows will have ambient light on both sides, and will therefore be virtually opaque. This will render objects from the sides almost invisible, and make your position relative to your insurance company - not to mention any related claimant -very dicy indeed.

(d) The drivers' eyes will be unable to make a fast enough correction for the vastly different amount of light reaching them via the windows, meaning that after looking through the screen for a while, the side windows will be relatively opaque when making a rapid glance sideways.

(e) Even if the eye could make a rapid enough correction for the loss of light from the side windows, objects viewed through them will be lost if in shadowed areas.

To sum up, black windows of any kind are a sad indictment on the driver's levels of sense and good taste, are potentially dangerous, and are so blatantly illegal that they will draw attention from the police to the safe (?)condition of the car, not to mention the various antics of the driver!

They are rather akin to the use of black (and illegal) visors by motorcyclists, who seem to see them as a subtle one-finger salute to the establishment, while ignoring their limitations. They are bad enough, but at least a black visor has a uniform effect, while alternating black and clear car windows are the most stupid idea I have come across for ages - another victory for fashion over function.
Yella

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Yella »

Well each to their own but

A. Why on earth would you just do the sides that would be a stupid assumption, The hood is down on 1 pic the other you cannot see correctly most likely the rear window is tinted.

B. Any one in this country who had an ounce of sense would not tint there windows over the legal Limit, Let alone as shown in the pic above.

C. With legal tinting unless you are seriously defective in the sight area it's not going to be a problem.

D. Same as above C

E. Same above C

To SUM UP, It's the Drivers choice and if he so desires to have his windows tinted because he likes the look so be it as long as they are legal who cares .
SledgeHammer

M roadster S50

Post by SledgeHammer »

Big topic about tinting

Looks cool on some cars, but wouldn't overdo it.