Insurance Query

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
jamiec

Not specified

Insurance Query

Post by jamiec »

Hi guys.

Got a question about insurance on a Z3 1.8 or 1.9. I am currently 18 years old (19 next month) and I'm wondering what kind of insurance quotes I'm likely to get, if any at all? Do any of you have experience around my age group for insurance? I've done a quote for my mum and it came out £500. She would be added as a driver on the policy.

Really like these cars and don't want to get hopes up any further unless i can get insured!

Any help appreciated! :)
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Jamie,

This thread may be of interest to you....

viewtopic.php?t=6462

Also, I think 1.8's are a group lower than 1.9's (Grp14 vs 15) although other forum members please correct me if I am wrong! :puzzle:

All the best
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
jamiec

Not specified

Post by jamiec »

Yeh seen that post. Pretty helpfull but just wondering what it would be like at 19. I'll have a look around autotrader etc to try and find some plates to get some quotes against!
dansutton

blank.gif

Post by dansutton »

Hi Jaime I Was Only 21 When I Got My 2.8 Insurance Was £1850 Im Now 22 And Just Paid £1000 This Year. Try Direct Line, Churchill Or Lloyds Tsb I Was Suprised That I Could Get Insured You Should Be Ok With The 1.8 Cheers Dan.
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

Surely your mom should be paying a lot less! My quote from last year when I was 25 was £430 in Glasgow city centre, for my 1.9 1V, although admittedly that was with Sainsbury's insurance (underwritten by 1st alternative though!)

Second best was Tesco and Adrian Flux at around £800.
wwwwOOOff!!!
Smoked

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Smoked »

im 19 withs 2001 2.2 sport and its costing me a woking 2.5k. granted up until now i've bin a named driver so even thou i have never had an accident i have no ncb, and i have 6 point for a couple of SP30s, but still its steep!
Paul.Stuhlfelder

M roadster S50

Post by Paul.Stuhlfelder »

A few tips (Doesn't work for every insurance company though.)

Add your mother as a second driver, and if you use a company car etc, make sure you put a tick in the box that asks if you have access to another car.

For instance, I'm 22 and am paying £800 this year on the ///M :)

I think @ 19 for a group 14 jobbie, you'll be looking at £1400+ in your own name, it cost me £1400 to insure an Alfa 156 when I was 19, and that was a group 14 car.
Israel pulls out of Gaza Strip, Gaza not Pregnant!
jamiec

Not specified

Post by jamiec »

Smoked wrote:im 19 withs 2001 2.2 sport and its costing me a woking 2.5k. granted up until now i've bin a named driver so even thou i have never had an accident i have no ncb, and i have 6 point for a couple of SP30s, but still its steep!
who's that with?

cheers for the help guys :D