Becker Units

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Becker Units

Post by mrscalex »

Been finding out a bit about these units and know how well regarded they are.

The one that keeps popping up is the Cascade 7944. But I can see there are lots of other models including Traffic Pro and Grand Prix.

So a couple of questions:
  • 1. Will any Becker model, for any make of car fit/work in a pre-facelift Z3?
    2. Are there certain models to aim for or avoid? I'd be quite keen to have Sat Nav function but would be interested to know best choice models with and without.
If there's a Becker model guide on an old post I've missed please tell me but I couldn't find one.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Becker Units

Post by Southernboy »

The Grand Prix is a stunning unit and can be ordered with the appropriate red lighting to match BMW general dashboard lighting. These units are fitted to Porsche, Mercedes and Ferrari..so you may want to do an eBay search for Becker units under those car names. I have read here of members fitting the Cascade too... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

I fitted the Becker Cascade a number of years ago to mine.

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=34180

You can see the pics on my thread above. You are able to change the colour of the lighting to the more OEM orange so It matches better. Fitting wise it was reasonably simple for my facelifted car just a matter of removing a few bits of trim to feed the SAT NAV receiver, microphone etc. You do need to buy a simple connector adaptor for the unit from ebay for about £6 and then it's plug and play. You can also add the ipod adaptor which I did so you can access all your songs directly from the head unit but it does need to be a slightly older style classic ipod. I've put my connector in the glove box like most.
The unit is amazing, sound wise and functionality. I paid £300 for mine from a guy 10mins down the road and then bought the ipod connector separately.
Last edited by ('_')Z3 on Tue 29 Mar, 2016 11:29, edited 1 time in total.
peterandjenny

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by peterandjenny »

Liked the look of these more in keeping with the style of the car, this is our one
http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... er#p319599
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

I Have a Becker Head unit for sale if you wanted it?
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''
Paulro

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Paulro »

Which model and what price?
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

traffic pro. got all manuals and CD's for sat nav. £40 plus post?
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Mine still available too. Becker cascade, nav discs, manual, original boxes and With the iPod connector also.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

('_')Z3 wrote:Mine still available too. Becker cascade, nav discs, manual, original boxes and With the iPod connector also.

£40?

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Alas it's not £40. The other one might be but I suspect it's a typo.