Z4 3.0 auto si ,2006 price guide , help needed

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Z4 3.0 auto si ,2006 price guide , help needed

Post by Canman »

Hi chaps, as some of you will know im after a Z4 .
i have found this one and love it. More than i wanted to spend but what the hell, and its close to where i live.

but what is it really worth and what should i look for and be asking?

any help appreciated :D

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Kev
I've no idea as to it's value but what a lovely looking motor!
Black and red always works
My E39 is black sapphire and looks great when it's clean (for about 5 mins). Keeping it clean is a bar steward :shock:
However, it you find it a struggle, I'll gladly pop down, drive it home, clean it and bring it back :D
Image :devil:
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Hi Canman

The Z4 looks very nice - just had a quick and found This One

M suspension, electric seats with driver memory (makes life a lot easier - wish we had them), PDC, heated seats, Xenon and you'd get the AUC Warranty. No doubt others will also find more.

Another One on the Z4 Forum with all the goodies and will (should?) have been well looked after
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Very low mileage on the first but no heated seats,
The Z4 has a larger cabin and the heater doesn't seem to warm it as much as the Z3 so heated seats are desirable. They can be retrofitted with aftermarket heating though at £500..I know I had my Msport seats done for that very reason. £1k if you want original switches, mine are in the seat plastics. Changing seats is fraught with occupancy sensor incompatibilities.
Also the post-facelift (2006 onwards) 3.0si as opposed to se, has the newer engine with more power, but watch out for ticking from the valve lifters, they stick apparently and the replacement valve lifters still suffer. BMW have done a few under warranty by replacing the head! 9000 miles should not see this problem.
Earlier versions (ginger lenses) can have roof motor problems where the motor ends up sitting in water if the drain holes get blocked. This means removing the roof to change it. new motor from BMW is £330 so not too bad, I have done this on mine, sealed it properly now, and I check my drain holes regularly.
Sticky electronic steering on some of the earlier models can result in a £2k bill to replace the column, This happens when the interior heating is on footwell, and the steering has a reluctance to move from the straight ahead position, this results in oversteering and correcting. not good on motorways apparently, the heater ducts are next to the electronics!

Check for these, and if they have been replaced already, then even better.
Finally look for broken rear springs. though not a major fix.

here is a Z4 buyers checklist.
checklist
Good hunting, and watch out for me beating you to the right car... :D
Last edited by gookah on Fri 21 Jan, 2011 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
eame64

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by eame64 »

£13450 trade acording to glass'es guide.Hope this helps.
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

hoping to view on sunday, many thanks for the help.
Were heated seats an opptional extra on the 3.0 si ?

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

yes, heating was an option, as were the Msport seats on the basic si models.
Msport seats were fitted as standard to the 'Sport' model, but heating was still an option on those.
I dont understand why people didnt have it, especially when they specified Msport seats on the standard models.

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I am going to look at it on saturday.........

:D

not really, but it does seem a nice one and especially with that mileage,

but take a look at this link too....Stoke

Heated seats, but no sat nav, OK higher mileage but £3k less expensive , same looks, the new si engine and the Sport model..

gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Update,....on the one at Stoke,
someone on Z4_forum went to view it and reported as follows...

"the one at quicks had the first oil service missing. Had its first service only last year @ 3 years old and 30kish miles. The previous owner was a limited company and the car only had 1 key with it."

So hence the difference in price, :bad

Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

i got excited for a min there Gookah.
trying to justify in my head spending 16K when there are some lovely models out there for >10K .
I just love the look of the black sport model :head:

TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: Z4 3.0 auto si ,2006 price guide , help needed

Post by TitanTim »

Canman wrote:Hi chaps, as some of you will know im after a Z4 .
i have found this one and love it. More than i wanted to spend but what the hell, and its close to where i live.

but what is it really worth and what should i look for and be asking?

any help appreciated :D
Hi Kev,

Looks a lovely example and gotta be worth a look. I would say its overpriced but if don't have a trade in and cash in your pocket then room for negotiation. Clincher for me would be the low mileage and worth paying a bit more for if the rest of the car is upto scratch, lower mileage = less wear n tear. Shame it doesn't have heated seats but not the end of the world and wouldn't put me off, by the time the've heated up the rest of the cabin will be warm anyways :lol: I do like heated seats in mine but only because I get lower back pain and they are a real soother even in the summer :lol:

I guess with you being after an Auto theyre not going to be as plentiful with all the toys and a low mileage and the colour you want.

Best of luck, :thumb:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
PVR
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by PVR »

Guess that rules the M out as you want an auto box.

Other then that, the price actually seems fair to me for the mileage, subject to the condition being A1. Nice colour combo as well, very nice.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Canman wrote: there are some lovely models out there for >10K .
:

mine included, if I find what I want.... :D

Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

spoke to the dealer today to arrange for a viewing tomorrow but unfortunatly he's out on his hols. so next weekend now :head:
I did ask about the heated seats and he's thinks it has them .
Gookah can you tell from the switches?
there are more photo's on his website.
wonder what he'd take cash ? He's got some other top motors for sale and the Zed about the cheapest !

PVR
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by PVR »

No, does not have heating as the switch is not there. They are all the way left and right on the panel.
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

I thought the same but wasn't 100% sure
Neve mind Kev - you can always sit on a hot water bottle :oops:
Image :devil:
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?