Cheap ///M on ebay £5900 RE LISTED WITH phone no.

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
G2JRP

M roadster S50

Cheap ///M on ebay £5900 RE LISTED WITH phone no.

Post by G2JRP »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silver-BMW-Z3 ... 27bf9f0f93

Please find link for cheap ///m on ebay in Norfolk. Looks good but I have not seen.

I might be able to look at the weekend if anybody is interested.
Last edited by G2JRP on Sat 05 Nov, 2011 08:05, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
stevenb

Not specified

Post by stevenb »

No reserve and at just under £6k they're bound to get a bid and I reckon everyone will be bidding at the last minute as usual.....
For the money it is right now I'd take out a bank loan just to buy it. :lol:
My Toyota MR2 is up for sale £2650 ovno Pics/details available
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

not alot of info... i may be tempted if mine goes sat... are you going to look at it?
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

What a beautiful color combo ;)
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

shantybeater wrote:What a beautiful color combo ;)
All it would need is a set of bbs alloys and it would be yours shanty... :wink:
stevenb

Not specified

Post by stevenb »

They've got a new black soft top to go with the car.

I like the OEM wheels on the M.
Mind you. Some SSW Alpha wheels or the real deal Alpina wheels would look insane. 8-)
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Z3cade wrote:
shantybeater wrote:What a beautiful color combo ;)
All it would need is a set of bbs alloys and it would be yours shanty... :wink:
what good taste the new owner would have if he/she did that :lol:
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
offyourmarks

M roadster S52

Post by offyourmarks »

Wonder why they want to change the soft top colour to black? - I think the red roof looks brill :)

I seem to remember one just like this sitting on PH for months. Similar mileage, same combo , etc. I think it was up for £6800 at the time.

I may be wrong but I'm sure there was something like a CAT D status or similar.... Whoever goes, make sure you HPI before going.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

offyourmarks wrote:Wonder why they want to change the soft top colour to black? - I think the red roof looks brill :)

I seem to remember one just like this sitting on PH for months. Similar mileage, same combo , etc. I think it was up for £6800 at the time.

I may be wrong but I'm sure there was something like a CAT D status or similar.... Whoever goes, make sure you HPI before going.
Good call that does ring a bell, I have to say in the flesh the red top is lovely...photos don't show it well a bit like the red/black seats
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Red top on the Silver looks very nice, probably won't work on any other colour but on silver it looks nicer and classier than standard black.
Hels Z'd

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Hels Z'd »

I see it didn't even get a bid.......Could be a bargain for someone, but then again it could be a whole heap of trouble.

Would love to take the gamble on an M powered Z'd, but for the mo i think we'll stick with a 'normal' 6 pot......once I find one at the right price and spec.
stevenb

Not specified

Post by stevenb »

Something doesn't really add up with it to be fair.
Like, whats wrong with the Red roof.... :?
Also, you'd expect a prestige car to have all MOT's from new if previous/current owners were enthusiasts.
Little bits like that mean something isn't right to me....despite the attraction....
johnjo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by johnjo »

Didn't sell !!!!! WHY?
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

good cars do not sell that cheaply inho

:)

The 'BEAST' 666
G2JRP

M roadster S50

Post by G2JRP »

Now relisted with contact details
ImageImageImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hels Z'd

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Making contact

Post by Hels Z'd »

Tried to phone them today as they've now left their details.........only problem is they've gone on holiday and aren't back until Tuesday next week?

No logic really...
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Making contact

Post by gookah »

Hels Z'd wrote:Tried to phone them today as they've now left their details.........only problem is they've gone on holiday and aren't back until Tuesday next week?

No logic really...
On holiday until the 15th, listing ends on the 11th, you have a contact number that you cant get answers to any questions about the car, Personally that would make me avoid like the plague, why put something for sale when you are on holiday? at least allow bidding to continue until you come back, so people can get answers to questions before risking a bid.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Hels Z'd

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: Making contact

Post by Hels Z'd »

gookah wrote: On holiday until the 15th, listing ends on the 11th, you have a contact number that you cant get answers to any questions about the car, Personally that would make me avoid like the plague, why put something for sale when you are on holiday? at least allow bidding to continue until you come back, so people can get answers to questions before risking a bid.
Exactly what I thought, some people just don't try to help themselves :roll:
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

With the exception of a rather unfortunate placed M badge on the front grill, that car looks really nice!!
offyourmarks

M roadster S52

Post by offyourmarks »

8 former keepers :shock:
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

ridden more times than red rum :D

The 'BEAST' 666
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Probably a bag of nails... Hence why no details...
afennell

M roadster S52

Post by afennell »

Has anyone been to see this car?

I’m tempted to take a look as its only 50 miles away, but don’t want to waste my time if it’s not been looked after.

I have been keeping an eye on the z3m prices and cars available recently as I intend to buy one in the first quarter of next year.
Is there a possibility this could be a good car at a winter price?

Also i have done a basic reg check and it comes back with never been an insurance loss, is it possible for a private reg to hide information on a basic check?
I would always do a full check when purchasing.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

It could be genuine but only you would be able to suss that out. I would speak to the seller if you can and then have a drive over next weekend. It helps if you know what to look out for but besides the obvious cosmetic then boot floor and VANOS growl are the obvious. Have a look at the buyers guide on here for common Z3 issues to look for.

The high number of previous owners is not something thats that unusual with these cars. My first Z3m had 80k on the clock and 6 former owners. Was in need of some cosmetic work which I did and enjoyed but mechanically could not have been better (the engine was soooo sweet).

Just make sure you ask the seller to leave it cold for the test drive and make sure you take it out for at least 30 min on mixed roads. It should reach c60 degrees on the oil temp after 10-15 min and then you can stretch it out over 4k revs to get that constant push in your back of the striaght 6.

I doubt it being a minter at that price but like my first one it could be a genuine car at a good price you can sort cosmetics out on. (nb all panels should be even gaps etc....)

The boot floor is an easy quick check once you know what to look for and unless an extreme example even that is a few hundred pound fix nowadays.
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

I rang the number a few weeks ago and a young girl answered the phone and said her boyfriend was away till the next tuesday, after the auction ended.. She told me they have had the car two years and when i asked questions like tax mot and its condition she had no idea.. ?? She sounded like she was 10years old..
It sounded VERY dodgy to me.. I would stay away..
wyler

M roadster S50

Post by wyler »

Good cars aren't cheap, cheap cars aren't good
noZyet

blank.gif

Post by noZyet »

And there's a surprise - the 8 owners have disappeared - do they also sell 'phone boxes do you think?
afennell

M roadster S52

Post by afennell »

Thanks guys, reading the buyers guide and keeping an eye on the forums is always a big must before I buy a car :thumb:

I viewed a tvr at the beginning of this year, when I turned up the engine was at running temp. I asked the seller if the car had been running and he said just to get it out of the garage! If he had said he had popped to the shops this morning I wound not have heard alarm bells, sounded like he was hiding something so walked away.