Hardtop-fitting kit-portable stand and dust cover

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
johnwayne

M roadster S50

Hardtop-fitting kit-portable stand and dust cover

Post by johnwayne »

Arctic silver hardtop with HRS (no switch) comes complete with fitting kit and portable stand +dust cover
Item has a couple of scratches but otherwise in perfect condition.
Price- £575
M@r]{

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Hardtop-fitting kit-portable stand and dust cover

Post by M@r]{ »

arrrrrr....tempted :roll:
2006 Lotus Exige S
2006 535d M-Sport Touring (the Missus car)
mfckeith

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by mfckeith »

When pistol968 offered this Hardtop + fitting kit etc for £450,what a pity it did not go to a member who would use it rather than someone looking to make a quick buck out of fellow forum members. :bad
M@r]{

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by M@r]{ »

Perhaps it has been priced that high with a view to getting knocked down a bit? I was about to say I'm going to pass on it, but if it was available at £450 I'd be back in the game
2006 Lotus Exige S
2006 535d M-Sport Touring (the Missus car)
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

£575 is a reasonable price for a hardtop with fitting kit, so we will have no more comments about the price. The stand and cover are worth a fair bit on their own, so I would have said this was a bit of a bargain.

mfckeith, I will thank you not to make speculative comments about jw's intentions. I know for a fact that he had an Arctic Silver hardtop on his car in 2009, as his car appears in the 2010 calendar with it on! I do not know which top this is, and nor do you.

R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
mfckeith

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by mfckeith »

Robert T wrote:£575 is a reasonable price for a hardtop with fitting kit, so we will have no more comments about the price. The stand and cover are worth a fair bit on their own, so I would have said this was a bit of a bargain.

mfckeith, I will thank you not to make speculative comments about jw's intentions. I know for a fact that he had an Arctic Silver hardtop on his car in 2009, as his car appears in the 2010 calendar with it on! I do not know which top this is, and nor do you.

R.
I accept what you are saying but please don't take me for a mug.
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

i wish i had my old Toyota Estate in which to transport this hard-top,as always with hard-tops,it's getting them home that's the prob. :head:
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

geminimustang wrote:i wish i had my old Toyota Estate in which to transport this hard-top,as always with hard-tops,it's getting them home that's the prob. :head:
A couple of members have travelled home after a hard top purchase with the front bolts attached and a strap for the back, As this is offered with the fitting kit, you could factor in a bit of time to actually fit the kit when you pick it up, it is only 2 bolts per side.
Last edited by Brian H on Sat 25 Aug, 2012 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
johnwayne

M roadster S50

Post by johnwayne »

It is sad that a minority of members appear to enjoy putting down fellow members with derisory comments without having any or little knowledge of the facts. If my intention was to "make a quick buck" then I failed miserably as the fuel alone to collect from Berkshire was in excess of £80.

I am not compelled to explain my reasons for the sale of this hardtop but for those who feel the need to question this be aware that :

1. This is NOT the hardtop purchased recently which is in excellent condition but used as a replacement for my original
2. Members attending the Wakefield / Newby car show will confirm this was on the car for the meeting
3. Having owned 3 "M" Roadsters over the years I have amassed a quantity of spares and parts including;
Full set of Hartge alloys/tyres currently for sale,
Indoor and outdoor covers
K@N Induction Kit
Hardtop
Many brake/service parts
Original R/CD
Etc

In concusion I have to say that whilst it is sad to see unsubstanciated comments from a few members, on the whole there are some very knowledgeable and helpful people here who are not only willing to assist with problems but give constructive help in other areas
johnwayne

M roadster S50

Post by johnwayne »

The meeting was the "fleur-de-Lys not Newby as stated in my previous reply
G2JRP

M roadster S50

Post by G2JRP »

Good luck with the sale, cheap hardtop which would add to the appeal of any zed.

If people have issues on items for sale may be they should pm the seller rather than assume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ImageImageImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

get out the humble pie :D

The 'BEAST' 666
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Badman gee wrote:get out the humble pie :D

+1
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

best of luck on ebay,i wish i'd had the money spare and a way of getting it home,i'd have bitten your hand off,great piece of kit,well done whoever buys it.
johnwayne

M roadster S50

Post by johnwayne »

Many thanks for all the positive comments-all tems provisionally sold