OBC

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
kayjay

Z3 roadster 2.2i

OBC

Post by kayjay »

Wanted, obc, for 2002 2.2 Z3.
Thanks in advance.
Kayjay.
kayjay
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Re: OBC

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

Not sure if a 1997 car has the same electrics but I have this one for sale.

eBay item number - 161034894295

we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
kayjay

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by kayjay »

Sorry, wrong one.
Looking for one, as per photo.
Kayjay.
kayjay
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

I have one on mine mate but its in km only :shock: so im with you on looking for a mph one . you have first pop of-courser as your is dead :D
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

The front faces are interchangeable just do not know it the electronics are compatible.
kayjay

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by kayjay »

Hi,
Doesn't seem to be any obc's available, so does anybody have an analogue clock that would fit instead.
Thanks in advance.
Kayjay.
kayjay
kayjay

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by kayjay »

kayjay wrote:Sorry, wrong one.
Looking for one, as per photo.
Kayjay.
Replacement obc due to arrive any day.
Can anyone tell me if this is just a straight forward change over, or does it need to be re-coded within a certain time?
Thanks in advance.
kayjay
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Just swap it over, it should work fine. I fitted a replacement to a members car no too long ago and it was a straight swap, only down side is you need to take out the centre console to change it.
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Brian H wrote:Just swap it over, it should work fine. I fitted a replacement to a members car no too long ago and it was a straight swap, only down side is you need to take out the centre console to change it.
I did mine with the centre console in place - I undid the fixings on the drivers side (OK for righthanded people), the switches/blanks either side of the OBC were already out - the method is shown here on page 2. Mrs ZC sat in the passenger seat a) keeping the ribbon tight and b) keeping the side of the centre console held back so I could get my head right down to see what I was doing. The heater controls, etc do not have to be removed - they are only loose as I was refitting everything having had the dashboard out.
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Zed Carer wrote:
Brian H wrote:Just swap it over, it should work fine. I fitted a replacement to a members car no too long ago and it was a straight swap, only down side is you need to take out the centre console to change it.
I did mine with the centre console in place - I undid the fixings on the drivers side (OK for righthanded people), the switches/blanks either side of the OBC were already out - the method is shown here on page 2. Mrs ZC sat in the passenger seat a) keeping the ribbon tight and b) keeping the side of the centre console held back so I could get my head right down to see what I was doing. The heater controls, etc do not have to be removed - they are only loose as I was refitting everything having had the dashboard out.
Good for you Bill, I bet that was a sight to behold, Mrs ZC sat in the seat, you on your back whilst your legs were hanging out of the door :D
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Topaz has one in the car he is breaking
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
kayjay

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by kayjay »

Thanks for the info, appreciate this.
Another question- how big a job is it to remove the centre console?
Thanks again.
kayjay
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

kayjay wrote:Thanks for the info, appreciate this.
Another question- how big a job is it to remove the centre console?
Thanks again.
Not that big a job as it's mostly just a case of being methodical and labelling everything as you take it apart. When I removed my dashboard I used this as a guide. I think that the centre console should come out with the seats in place but you might find it a lot easier with the seats out of the way.
kayjay

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by kayjay »

Replacement obc fitted,and working. Thanks again for help with this.
kayjay
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

kayjay wrote:Replacement obc fitted,and working. Thanks again for help with this.

Really pleased to hear it, well done mate
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

kayjay wrote:Replacement obc fitted,and working. Thanks again for help with this.
Nice feeling when you've fixed something - nice one.