Z3 Exhaust 1.9

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
RobVZ3

Z3 roadster 1.9

Z3 Exhaust 1.9

Post by RobVZ3 »

Im after an aftermarket exhaust for my 1997 1.9 Z3
Does anyone have one for sale?
Or could you tell me where I could buy a decent one, all I can seem to find is a Cobra exhaust.
Cheers
Rob
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Z3 Exhaust 1.9

Post by Jonco »

Hi - I bought the standard Cobra cat back at £325 and am pleased with it but there are many who find them too loud. There are a number of previous posts recommending LongLife systems which they can tweak to suit your sound preferences. Just search the forum and I'm sure a few useful topics will come up. HTH
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Z3 Exhaust 1.9

Post by Del »

I think you will be lucky to find a decent second hand original. Most pre-2000 1.9 (M44 engine) Z3 owners are either in the process of renewing the rear section or have already done so. If you are going down the DIY route and going for something similar to the mild steel OE, both Euro car parts (carparts4less.co.uk) and GSF stock the rear section for the 1.9 M44. GSF describe theirs as “premium quality”. In my experience the quality of certain items at GSF – particularly those described as “premium”, is very good. In my experience, the budget systems (e.g. eBay for £100) are often not a perfect fit and fall (rust) apart within 3-years.