z3 rear light internal covers

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Z3Jeremy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

z3 rear light internal covers

Post by Z3Jeremy »

Howdy Folks,
I,m after a pair of internal rear light covers that fit inside the boot to suit a wide body, year 2000, 1.9 Z3 roadster. Conspicuous by their abscence on my car i,m assuming they,re black plastic items as the bulbs/bulbholders etc. are exposed. Any info as regards replacements very much appreciated...

Thanks, Jeremy.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: z3 rear light internal covers

Post by Brian H »

Hi Jeremy,

Part 14 below I believe. (maybe need part 15 as well?)
  • Cover Left = 51478410993
    Cover Right = 51478410994
Image Trunk trim panel - BMW parts catalog

BMW Cooper online are listing them at £12.00ea - Clicky Link

I may have one kicking around, I will have a look later today.
Z3Jeremy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Z3Jeremy »

Nice one Brian - Thanks for info.. Looks like a main dealer enquiry worth a pop rather than play the the long game, you know - save a few pennies and get two left hand covers for the Papua New Guinea model arrive whilst i,m busy sewing replacement leather patches on my favourite brown cardigan!! Get my Z3 back dans la rue this weekend so life is/will be tres bien!! Have tentatively looked at a number of other cars with a view to swapping - smart roadster - daihatsu copen - mx5 - lotus elise - but comes back to one thing, the z3 looks inside and moreso out just fantastic, any z3 owners considering changing to a z4 dont do it, the longer you own a z3 the more you love the look and the ownership experience. Contrary to owning a z4 replete with, rock hard suspension, runflats and overly sharp steering, personally i found the z4 initially amazing, what a cockpit (make u feel like a superstar) but the longer i owned the z4 more i fell out of love with the package, is it just me? 6 gears.. just seemed to be constantly changing gear, therefore the time gain accelerating with the engine in the sweet spot you lose by powering off to change gear..regards all, Jeremy.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Your welcome Jeremy,

If your popping in to the dealer, ask the parts department to identify the parts/part numbers you, then if there is any issue with the fit it is their problem to change them for the right part/s.
Justbrowsing

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Justbrowsing »

Hi Brian. Totally off topic sorry.
What are the wheels on your car? They really look very good.
I'm a new owner looking for enhancements.
Main Drives
Audi Q7 - 2016
Audi TTS Roadster 2016
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Justbrowsing wrote:Hi Brian. Totally off topic sorry.
What are the wheels on your car? They really look very good.
I'm a new owner looking for enhancements.
BMW Style 78s, a list of all the BMW wheels is below ;)

OEM BMW Wheels
Justbrowsing

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Justbrowsing »

Main Drives
Audi Q7 - 2016
Audi TTS Roadster 2016
Z3Jeremy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Z3Jeremy »

Good Call Brian,
Totally back on-topic, £10 each - plus the VAT, for Z3 rear light internal covers from Westerley BMW in Dorchester. Cant grumble at that.. Thankyou, Jeremy.