..WANTED.. wind deflector for car with no rollover hoops !

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Lomoto

Z3 roadster 2.8

..WANTED.. wind deflector for car with no rollover hoops !

Post by Lomoto »

Hi all just bought a 2.8 Z3 1999 facelift today , swiftly realised I need a wind deflector, mine has no roll over hoops so need the type that slots in the provided holes, any one got a spare ?
madleemark

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: ..WANTED.. wind deflector for car with no rollover hoops

Post by madleemark »

i have one, off a pre facelift tho, i have the mounting brackets and the plastic covers with the holes in, its in very good condition
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Pins are different spacing pre- and post- facelift.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Lomoto

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lomoto »

Robert T wrote:Pins are different spacing pre- and post- facelift.

Cheers R.
Thats interesting, I didnt know that !1 So I will need a deflector specifically for a facelift model then ?
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

Lomoto wrote:

Cheers R.
Thats interesting, I didnt know that !1 So I will need a deflector specifically for a facelift model then ?
Yes, the pins are 70cm apart on a Facelift model, 75cm on an older one. When I was searching for one for my car a few years ago, they were like Rocking Horse Dung to find! Got one eventually though..
On my car, the mounting brackets were already fitted when I removed the plastic covers & looked, but I understand that they're not fitted to all cars. Worth checking, as you may not need to get brackets as well.
Lomoto

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lomoto »

lebigmec wrote:
Lomoto wrote:

Cheers R.
Yes, the pins are 70cm apart on a Facelift model, 75cm on an older one. When I was searching for one for my car a few years ago, they were like Rocking Horse Dung to find! Got one eventually though..
On my car, the mounting brackets were already fitted when I removed the plastic covers & looked, but I understand that they're not fitted to all cars. Worth checking, as you may not need to get brackets as well.
yes I have removed the grommets and it looks like there is a tube installed where the pins will slide in, so yes all I require is the actual deflector
Lomoto

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lomoto »

Still not sourced one !
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

Lomoto wrote:Still not sourced one !
I think you will have to keep searching for a while, I know it took me ages to locate one, but they are around. Good luck!
Lexybhoy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lexybhoy »

madleemark wrote:i have one, off a pre facelift tho, i have the mounting brackets and the plastic covers with the holes in, its in very good condition

Hi Madleemark,

So as not to hijack the thread, could you message me about your wind deflector pls. I need one for a '98 2.8.

Ta.

Lex.