Wanted, cruise control retrofit items

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Sloperboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Wanted, cruise control retrofit items

Post by Sloperboy »

Hello all,

Looking to retro fit cruise control to my 2000 3.0 z3, have been reading various posts and from which I think I need the following

lever 61 31 8 360 926
Interface 65 71 8 380 054
May also need English knob 61 31 1 390 968

I will try the ebay route and breaker options but thought I would ask here first, would pay and cover postage etc

Thanks
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Wanted, cruise control retrofit items

Post by Southernboy »

Try Andy - aka "Spurs Fan in a Coupe - he may have some or all the parts you require. :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

I bought the interface direct from Cotswold BMW, costing £53.95 delivered. Have you checked for the lever?
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

levers are a dime a dozen on eBay... you can simply get a new "end button" from BMW if the one on the lever is worn.
BTW, if your chrome M console gearshift surround isn't 100%, I have a spare.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

You also need the switch for the back of the brake pedal (again a few quid off ebay). Fitting is 60 mins tops
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

bertiejaffa wrote:You also need the switch for the back of the brake pedal (again a few quid off ebay). Fitting is 60 mins tops

already fitted.... it uses the brake light switch, some models need a clutch switch but on the 3.0 that will also be fitted.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

gookah wrote:
bertiejaffa wrote:You also need the switch for the back of the brake pedal (again a few quid off ebay). Fitting is 60 mins tops

already fitted.... it uses the brake light switch, some models need a clutch switch but on the 3.0 that will also be fitted.
sorry couldn't remember which pedal it was fitted to - obvious when you think about it. How come they fitted it to the 3.0l and not the 2.0l I wonder - both are facelift models :?:
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

bertiejaffa wrote:
gookah wrote:

sorry couldn't remember which pedal it was fitted to - obvious when you think about it. How come they fitted it to the 3.0l and not the 2.0l I wonder - both are facelift models :?:
I never needed any extras switches on my 2.0, just the stalk and interface and all worked fine. Did you have to fit one?
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
Sloperboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Sloperboy »

Still on the hunt for the cruise items, found this on eBay, does anybody know if this will fit? According the realoem the 8 series and Z3 shared this item, it looks like the same colour coding and amount of wires But will it fit? The seller does not know part number and believes it came from a P plate 4.4 ci

eBay item number 191258973538
Rhys-z3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rhys-z3 »

Hi,

If anyone is interested I have a spare BMW cruise control stalk (61318360926) it is the stalk and end button. It is off an e36 328i but fits a z3. This part is used but is a £150 part with BMW (Newport wanted £143 for stalk and £8 for the button). I am looking for around £35 plus postage. It is in good condition, for any more information and pictures please PM me.

Cheers
Rhys