My 1.9 Atlantic Blue Z3 for sale

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Simon59

Z3 roadster 1.9

My 1.9 Atlantic Blue Z3 for sale

Post by Simon59 »

Sadly, I have decided to sell my Z3 so I thought I’d advertise it here first, in the hope that someone here (or someone you know) is looking for a nice, lowish mileage, Atlantic blue original 1.9 L. I’d prefer this to selling it on ebay because I know she would go to a good home.

The car was made in January 1999 and is T reg. It’s current MoT runs out on 04/08/2018. I bought the car in November 2014 out of the insurance money I got for a written off Triumph Bonneville, thinking that I wouldn’t ride a motorbike again. Now I’ve gone and bought a 1954 BSA Golden Flash on impulse. The bike needs an awful lot of work, and I have decided that I have to sell the car to fund the restoration.

I’ve really enjoyed the Z3 and I done quite a bit of work on it, some of it necessary, some of it because it was fun to do!
Over the first eight months of ownership I spent over a grand on the following work to get the car running right:
• Oil and filter change
• New spark plugs
• Haynes workshop manual
• New drive belt
• New water pump (with metal impeller)
• New thermostat – the old one had failed open
• New engine coolant
• New brake discs, pads, fluid and sensors all round
• Front suspension arm bushes replaced
• New battery
• New starter motor
• New fuel filter
• Soft top cleaned and waterproofed with Renovo products
• New windscreen wipers

Over the next year (August 15 to August 16), I continued to improve the car, spending another £800 on her:
• Fitted a second hand aluminium strut brace across the front suspension
• Bought a £150 Stormforce car cover (included in the sale)
• Full cat-back stainless exhaust system - it has a nice burble now
• Oil and filter change
• New Falken tyres for the rear
• Replaced the bushes in the driver’s seat adjustment mechanism
• Cleaned and re-dyed both leather seats using SCUFFmaster products
• New car mats
• New handbrake shoes and cables

Over the last 18 months I have done less work, but still spent £300 on:
• Pipercross panel filter
• New spark plugs
• Fitted a Perspex wind deflector
• Fitted a colour matched thin boot spoiler
• Replaced the brake fluid and bled the brakes
• Oil and filter change

I’ve only done about 6,000 miles in the car since I bought her, mostly on sunny weekends. In the week, she lives under the Stormforce cover under a substantial lean to on the side of my house in Wilmslow, Cheshire.

It runs, looks and sounds really well. The next jobs, (things that still need doing) which the new owner might choose to do to finish off the car are;
• Repair a few stone chips on the bonnet (I have a bottle of the right paint)
• Repair some minor corrosion on the aluminium wing mirror mounts
• Refurbish the original alloy wheels

The current mileage is coming up to 89,000 miles. I have bills for most of the things I have bought.

The car can be inspected on any weekend and accompanied test drives are allowed if you have insurance!
I’m looking for the best offers around £3.5K for the car. I bought it for £2.8K in 2014 and have spent over £2.2K on improving her since then, so I think this is reasonable. I’ll probably spend most of the money on a professional engine rebuild for the BSA!

You can contact me through the forum or call me on 07968 707493 or email simongriffin0@gmail.com with any questions or if you would like photos, or to arrange to see and drive the car.

Cheers, Simon