FS: 1999 Steel Grey 2.8

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Dr. Wilson

Z4 M roadster

FS: 1999 Steel Grey 2.8

Post by Dr. Wilson »

This is a speculative thread as I’ve only had the car a few weeks but I possibly have the opportunity of buying another car I didn’t think was going to come up for sale.

On an ‘S’ 99 plate, 2.8 manual in Steel Grey with FSH and on 82k miles.

In the very short time I’ve had the car I’ve replaced the ageing Alpine CD headunit with a new Pioneer DAB BT unit.

https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/mvh-x580dab

Other small jobs I had planned I obviously haven’t got around to yet, but if this other car comes up then I’ll not have time.

If I was to sell then I’m looking to just get my money back on the car (£4500). However what I didn’t notice when purchasing were the bodywork dings (I like my cars to be as perfect as possible!), and have had a quote of £360 to put those right, so realistically I’d be looking for around the £4000 mark. I may have time to sort these out, in which case the price will be adjusted accordingly.

She really is a lovely 3 previous owner car and I had every intention of keeping her. It’s just typical that this other car is potentially coming up and I don’t have the room for both. If it happens I want to be ready.

...and if not then I’ll of course be keeping her and fettling myself!

Tried to be as honest and clear as possible. Hopefully that all makes sense, so please drop me a line if interested and in the meantime I’ll keep this thread updated should it not happen.

A few pictures...

Last edited by Dr. Wilson on Tue 05 Jun, 2018 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
BonBon

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: 1999 Steel Grey 2.8

Post by BonBon »

Seems like you part with your beloved Zs and keep on coming back for more.
Can't say I blame you :lol:
Dr. Wilson

Z4 M roadster

Re: 1999 Steel Grey 2.8

Post by Dr. Wilson »

😄 It’s an affliction I have, most definitely!
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: FS: 1999 Steel Grey 2.8

Post by Gazza »

Lovely looking car and a rare colour for the year.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Dr. Wilson

Z4 M roadster

Post by Dr. Wilson »

Thanks. I’m veering towards keeping her if I’m being honest. Still not sure if my old car is going to be available, but with each thing I get sorted on this car, the more I’m thinking it’s a keeper.

Refurbed style 68s with new rubber go on this weekend, inspection 1 and new throttle cable happening Monday and I’m booking the dent removal guy as we speak :thumb:
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Sounds like a keeper 8-)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Thread closed at the request if the OP.
Gazza

ImageImage