BMC CDA

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

BMC CDA

Post by Captain »

Looking at fitting a BMC Carbon Dynamic Airbox to my 2.8i, has anyone done this. From what I have heard and read, they claim to work well. Always better to hear from someone that's tried it.
ImageImage
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: BMC CDA

Post by Southernboy »

Hi Cap
I have the Simota Carbon Fiber CAI system...works too well.... :D
If you log on to www.infiniteusa.com and do a search there, they are seriously affordable !! They normally go for around £200. but these guys have them for some stupid price like $40 and they ship to S.A.
Unfortunately, I had already bought mine from somewhere else for the exorbitant price, and only found Infinite 360 later when I bought the BMW 6 Cyl billet aluminium oil filter cap with the access / connection points for the oil temp and oil pressure sensors. I had fitted an oil temp guage with the M version console, and the option was an adaptor or the oil filter cap. I went for the cap since my plastic OEM one was looking a tad shabby, so I figured I may as well get a decent upgrade, and kill 2 birds so to speak..
Have a look at the option of the Simota... I think you might need to search under 3 series first, and then go to Z3...worth a look on their website anyway...enjoy.. :D
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
wildeboy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by wildeboy »

I have a BMC CDA fitted to my 2.8. I am happy with it although I think the Simotas are much nicer to look at and probably work better with the inlet fitting snugly up to the headlight.

I fitted mine at the same time as the M50B25 inlet manifold so can't comment on any improvement purely from the CDA.

You just need to make you get cold air into the filter, I have an pipe running from the area next to the headlight into the filter, nothing like as neat as the simota.
1997 Z3 2.8 in Montreal Blue, only 130k on the clock!
OEM Roll Hoops
M50B25 Inlet manifold
BMC CDA Induction kit
Beige roof
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

Thanks for the replies, I'm in two minds whether to go CDA or simoto now, infinite 360 don't list a simoto for a Z3 but do have for an e36 328i not sure if this would work on a Z3.
ImageImage
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Sign up and send them a message..I have seen them listed there...It's certainly worth investigation... The Simota is a "dry" system. ie. it doesn't require the filter to be oiled. The fitting is simple, and takes about 30 mins, it's extremely lightweight and easy to maintain / change filters when needed.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

Thanks, I've sent them a mail.
ImageImage
M@r]{

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by M@r]{ »

Sent them a message asking about one for the 3.0 too 8-)
2006 Lotus Exige S
2006 535d M-Sport Touring (the Missus car)
pemdp

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by pemdp »

Captain wrote:Thanks, I've sent them a mail.
Hello, did you received any feedback from them?
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

pemdp wrote:
Captain wrote:Thanks, I've sent them a mail.
Hello, did you received any feedback from them?
I ordered one as they told me they had for a Z3, when it arrived it was for a 328i, luckily I was able to sell it to a mate. I'm in the process of making my own CAI. Don't think they make a big difference in performance but they sound great :grin:

Sent from my HTC Desire
ImageImage