Broken spring :-(

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
freck99

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Broken spring :-(

Post by freck99 »

Just had the dreaded MOT and I've unfortunately got a broken front coil spring :cry:

As my Z is a Sport, can anyone tell me what the standard springs are. I think I'm right in thinking that they are lowered/uprated M-tech springs, but I'm not sure by how much.
I'm thinking of changing all 4 springs but don't really want to have to go to the expense of new shocks too, it's nearly Christmas after all :roll:
Any recommendations greatly appreciated.
Steve
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Broken spring :-(

Post by Brian H »

Steve,

I have a couple of used m-tech springs off my 3.0 if you are interested? Could do with a bit of a clean up but are fine. Drop me a pm if you are interested.

Brian
nero

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by nero »

Had all the springs replaced on mine, earlier on in the year

Fronts can be bought individually, but rears are bought as a pair - cost about £300 (with BMWCC discount) for the set of 4
BMWCCScotland

Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.
peteslag

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by peteslag »

Zedonist wrote:I would fit Eibachs, £200 for the full set
Seconded, it transformed my Z3 3.0
Z3 3.0, Ford ST220, Jaguar XK8, Mr2 GT Turbo, Fiat Bravo HGT, Cavalier, Astra convertible, MK1 Astra GTE, XR3i, E21 323i, XR3, Cavalier, VW Jetta, Rover SDi, Capri 2.0S, Audi 80 GTE, another Cavalier, brown Astra van, Citroen GS Club (we all had to start somewhere).
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Has my vote too...a world of driving improvement.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Vic-Z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Vic-Z3 »

Point the way to the
Eibachs, £200 for the full set
If you wouldn't mind.
I wish to Upgrade my Facelift 2.2i Sport Roadster.
These sound just the ticket ....... :)
----------------- BMW Z3 Das Beste Auto -----------------

Mein altes Auto riecht nach Nudeln, hat dieses Auto eine Wurst Geruch.
freck99

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by freck99 »

Yes I've looked at the Eibach kit after reading some of the posts on here, however, I'm still not sure about the amount of drop.
I see that the Eibachs lower by 30mm front and rear but am unsure if this is the same as the original M-tech springs.
Anyone any idea if this is the case? I need to be sure because I'm running 18in wheels and don't have loads of clearance.

Steve
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

freck99 wrote:Yes I've looked at the Eibach kit after reading some of the posts on here, however, I'm still not sure about the amount of drop.
I see that the Eibachs lower by 30mm front and rear but am unsure if this is the same as the original M-tech springs.
Anyone any idea if this is the case? I need to be sure because I'm running 18in wheels and don't have loads of clearance.

Steve
The Eibachs will lower your car more than the standard springs, maybe not as much as 30mm but it will be quite close to it. You can get different thickness spring pads to compensate for the drop if you do not want the full drop.

Replied to your PM.