Rear suspension camber

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
dCatch

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Rear suspension camber

Post by dCatch »

Hi all,

I recently fitted lowering springs to my Z to the tune of 35mm.

The drop seems a little more and the rear wheels are negatively cambered due to the trailing arm dropping.

Is there any way to adjust this camber with stock components or are there any aftermarket products to adjust this and get it closer to zero camber?

I have a 2002 2.2.

Thanks
Antm72

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Rear suspension camber

Post by Antm72 »

You can buy eccentric bushes for the rear arms to allow you to adjust them powerflex do them.
Essentially the bush center is off set so you can adjust camber and toe not the cheapest of bushes to buy but will help with your problem.
Come in sets of 4 with the adjustment spanners.
Juvvajuvva

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Juvvajuvva »

I have the eccentric bushes from Powerflex.
When/if you order them make sure you state you want the adjustment spanner as mine came without one.
Go purple for a more standard/fast road feel or black for very stiff track use.
You can do the same thing with weld in plates but I am not a fan of them.
Dino D

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Dino D »

How do you adjust these bushes niece fittted. I think I read somehwere it's a bit tricky and also affects the toe as you adjust the camber so need an aligner who is patient be knows their stuff.
Juvvajuvva

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Juvvajuvva »

Imagine a bush with on off sett bolt through it.
E.g.
Nearside inner bush bolt set to highest point furthest from ground in the middle of a circle/the bush Steve/center rod and the outer bush set to the lowest point gives you max negative camber possible with zero toe adjustment.
If you wanted a small neg camber you would lower the inner and compensate to cancel the toe by rotating the outer by the same amount in the opposite direction.