Kent cruise 10 April 2011

Photos and reports from past events
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Kent cruise 10 April 2011

Post by Ragtop »

Thank you to everyone who came along today. Hope you all had a good time. A special thanks to hang 'em high and son, Samuel for leading the cruise with little knowledge of the route. Hands free worked well :D

The weather and company couldn't have been better!

These are some of the pictures. We will put a link to some more later.

Lotus owners had a cruise too! This was one of about 20 which passed us.

TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

Very Organised, Nice Pictures :thumb:
Image1998 Atlanta Blue 2.8
Zedona

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by Zedona »

Fabulous day out thanks to you Ron . :lol:
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

That was a fantastic day out, well worth the round trip! Well done Ron for organising and to Nick for letting us Zedder's follow him around.

Lovely bunch of people, and a fantastic collection of cars.

I spent too much time ogling cars, but managed a few pictures... Clicky Link!
jontymo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jontymo »

Looks like you had a great day, top photo's

jontymo
1998 2.8 Roadster "Gone but not forgotten"
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Here is a link to lots more pictures:-

https://picasaweb.google.com/gailoswald ... directlink
hornel Z3M

blank

M

Post by hornel Z3M »

All look very nice but the Blue M seemed to be the favourite in the pictures :lol: . Only because i have the same colour :wink: Looked a great day wish i had been closer :bawl: Nice M Garythefish :D
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: M

Post by Gazza »

hornel Z3M wrote:All look very nice but the Blue M seemed to be the favourite in the pictures :lol: . Only because i have the same colour :wink: Looked a great day wish i had been closer :bawl: Nice M Garythefish :D
I'm not daft :wink: , get in front of the camera car :lol:

Thanks to all that attended today, we had a fun cruise and lunch was great.

Good to meet some new faces and to see the old ones.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Fab day thanks to Ron/Gail and everyone who went. Good to meet some new faces this year as well as the faces I already know.
Larry got your message :lol: something about, talk me into getting another Z3 :lol: shame on you larry to use my 10 year old son against me :lol: and in answer to that I did start ebaying and auto tradrer the Z3M when I got home :D and thats your fault Gary :wink: I liked yours very much :D So who knows, watch this space.
Thanks all great day and my only regret is that I couldn't stay for the meal at the end of the run.

Cheers, Nick. :D
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

We didn't see any other Zed's on the cruise :cry: but I did see 2 on the way home!

One was a Z4 about 3 miles from the pub.

The other was a Topaz Z3, which was driving past my house as I got home :D
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Looks like you had a great day!
Thanks for the pics :wink:
Image :devil:
Southcoaster

M roadster S54

Post by Southcoaster »

A great day - thanks very much to Ron for organising and Nick for leading. But most of all, thanks to all of you for making us feel most welcome. We'll have to put our thinking caps on and plan for another one later in the year.

Gerald and Hilary
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Southcoaster wrote:A great day - thanks very much to Ron for organising and Nick for leading. But most of all, thanks to all of you for making us feel most welcome. We'll have to put our thinking caps on and plan for another one later in the year.

Gerald and Hilary
Ditto that,cant beat a get together with likeminded :)
Dave'z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Dave'z3 »

Thanks for an awesome day, my first cruise of MANY! Maria also really enjoyed herself (which surprised me as all I get is a rolling of the eyes when I talk to her about cars..which in her defense is A LOT). I am EXHAUSTED as after that cruise I created my own one...by going to Canterbury... I then drove back to London...then drove out to Essex with my best mate to show him my new pride and joy!

Great people, great cars, great weather, great roads...what a day!

Thanks again,

Dave & Maria
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Southcoaster wrote:A great day - thanks very much to Ron for organising and Nick for leading. But most of all, thanks to all of you for making us feel most welcome. We'll have to put our thinking caps on and plan for another one later in the year.

Gerald and Hilary

A lovely looking M/// you have Gerald, like to have had more time to have had a closer look. Maybe we could meet up on one of mine and Ron's (Ragtop's) mini meets that we have now an then during the year :)
z3steve

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by z3steve »

Hi all, my turn to say a big thank you for todays outing! We were a bit apprehensive at first as we had never done anything like this before and didn't really know what to expect - but it turned out to be a cracking day 8-) . Enjoyed meeting all of you and we will definately be hooking up with you again in the near future. Also very handy to have this route pretty much in our back garden.

Ragtop - You never know, we might even end up seeing each other on a different kind of 'cruise'!

Chow for now....

Steve and Helen
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Thanks for all your kind comments. I am pleased you all had a good day. :thumb:

I have to thank Gail [Mrs Ragtop] too, as she was busy all day checking I always had the correct amount of Zed's behind me and keeping in touch with Nick at the front to guide him round the route, as well as taking photo's. I couldn't have done the cruise without her help. :bow

We only saw one Zed all day and that was on the way home, no wave though. :cry: But that was made up by the mega waves we got from the Lotus cruise drivers. :)

Larry & Penny thanks for testing the quality of the food and the beer :D at The Halfway House all those months ago. It was a good choice for our lunch venue.

How many miles did you do on the day Dave, did you have to fill up with fuel again? I think Maria would appreciate a wind deflector if you plan to do that sort of milage every weekend. :D

Thanks Gary [Gazhyde] for doing mega miles to attend the cruise. We look forward to attending the cruise you were thinking of doing. :drive

Sandra sorry about the stinging nettles you had to stand in for the group photo. :D I like the photo of Gary's car with the oast house. As Gary mentioned above you do get to be in lots of pictures if you are in front of the camera car. :)

Gerald I will look out for the cruise you were hoping to arrange. As I am local to you I don't mind helping in anyway. As Nick says above we sometimes have mini local meets midweek, Larry [Zedona] also doesn't mind driving over our way to meet up. :drive

As you say Steve we could well meet you and Helen again on a different sort of cruise. Pleased you both enjoyed your first Zed cruise. :drive

Ted [Mr Silver] thanks for thinking quickly when we came across that road closure and for getting us back on route again after a detour. :thumb:

Gail and I had a great day too. It was good seeing other Zed owners from previous cruises and good to meet new Zed owners too. :thumb:
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

Great pic's, thanks for sharing. :thumb:

HT
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Looks like a grand day out.

Sorry we couldn't be there... :(

A.
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Lokks like a great day out and good turn out aswell. Well done.
Dave'z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Dave'z3 »

Ragtop wrote: How many miles did you do on the day Dave, did you have to fill up with fuel again? I think Maria would appreciate a wind deflector if you plan to do that sort of milage every weekend. :D
Im not sure what the end figure was at the end of the day but I managed to get up to 400 miles. After all those miles I still had a quarter of a tank so that works out at a full tank managed to somehow get me (just over) 400 miles of driving (without me trying to be economic!).

Of course all the thanks to you was to both of the ragtops, as Its not easy working out the routes and organising people...

Was really nice meeting everyone too, will deffo see you all at more cruses..I'm hooked!
Z3Topaz22

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Z3Topaz22 »

Hi all

Looks like you all had a great day out on the Kent Cruise....

Anyone who fancys coming and exploring the Surrey / Sussex area is more than welcome to be part of the cruise organised for Sunday 8th May.

See the link either under announcements or Check your Diary for full details.

Cheers :thumb:
Driving for pleasure.... not for purpose!

2001/Y BMW Z3 2.2i Roadster / Topaz Blue

ImageImageImageImage
Dave'z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Dave'z3 »

Had a few mins spare, so to say thank you I thought I would make you a proper signature image. Don't feel like you have to use it, but if you're not sure how to add it to your profile just ask and I'll give you more directions.

Go to this link:
http://img196.imageshack.us/content_rou ... ia=mupload

and Copy the forum code part, and it should come out like this:

Regards,

Dave
Factor 30? Check! Keys? Check! Grin? Check!

Progress/Damage report: http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 784#310784
Photo thread: http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
Sorry if this is cheeky, but Business venture: http://www.fixtechsolutions.com
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Thanks Dave :thumb: You have a PM